The leisurely comic discussion thread

Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's how bad the book is now? We're supposed to get excited about a reference to the character's own history that's been around for 75 years? Bravo, JMS.

That page is from the first post-JMS issue, in which Chris Roberson has taken over writing duties. It's exciting because it represents a turnaround from JMS' take, in which Superman didn't act like Superman.

That's how bad the book is now? We're supposed to get excited about a reference to the character's own history that's been around for 75 years? Bravo, JMS.

That page is from the first post-JMS issue, in which Chris Roberson has taken over writing duties. It's exciting because it represents a turnaround from JMS' take, in which Superman didn't act like Superman.

I think that's what he's referring to. He's saying "Bravo" sarcastically for the most overrated comics writer in history fucking up a comic so bad, that even one of the lamest one page sequences I've ever seen is worth getting worked up about.

I think that's what he's referring to. He's saying "Bravo" sarcastically for the most overrated comics writer in history fucking up a comic so bad, that even one of the lamest one page sequences I've ever seen is worth getting worked up about.

It doesn't have me jumping up and down or running out to buy the issue; I'm just glad that a sinking ship is getting taken to shore.

DIng Ding Ding!!

Cornell's entire run so far has been perfect. Luthor has been allowed to stay Luthor without feeling neutered as can happen when you put a villain in the spotlight. I kinda hope that Cornell continues writing Luthor for a few more years.

His Luthor story ends with #900. But he says he's staying on after Superman comes back.