Missy

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Christian Bale

Alfred Pennyworth: Michael Caine

Lucius Fox: Morgan Freeman

Rachel: Katie Holmes

Dr. Jonathan Crane: Cillian Murphy

Henri Ducard: Liam Neeson

Ra's Al Ghul: Ken Watanabe

For the most part this cast is freakin rules, now let's just hope the script isn't a steaming pile of crap.

My only problem with the cast is Katie Holmes playing some made-up childhood friend/love interest. With Talia, Ra's Al Ghul's daughter, they have built-in tension because she is pretty much the only woman Bruce has ever really loved but she's the daughter of a would be world conqueror/destroyer/crazy environmentalist. That's some great stuff right there, but instead of going with that angle, they make-up some stupid part to bring in the teen crowd. BS! :rant:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But this is yet between years one and three, so they needed a younger Batman. I agree Keaton's been the best, but he can't play a 25 year old Bruce Wayne.

Very true. The thing I hear the most complaints about with regards to the cast is that some of the main characters are played by non-American actors. Bale being Welsh and Murphy being Irish. IMO, I couldn't care less what the actor's nationality is as long as the character is believable.

Bale proved he can sound "American" in American Pshyco and Murphy's sounded perfectly British in 28 Days Later, so maybe he can pull off an American accent too.

Screw the detractors, this is a solid cast for this era in Batman's life -- except Holmes.

Isn't Henri Ducard the guy that helped train a young Bruce Wayne? He's an assassin, isn't he? If he's the one I'm thinking of, he's a fantastic character, and Neeson would be awesome. It was in a story where Bruce got a device that let him tap into other people's brains and control them, because he'd been shot. I didn't dream all this, did I?

the title is stupid.

just "batman" would be fine. no modifier necessary.

But we've already had a film named Batman. Unless the producers said, "Hey! We're starting over -- ignore the last four films," we have to acknowledge them. Hence the lame name. Hasn't it changed in the last few weeks? What was it supposed to be?

Ken Watenabe as Ra's Al Ghoul? Ra's is supposed to be an Arab, right?

Oh well... I haven't seen the lLst Samurai, but I'm sure he's gonna be good.

Al Ghul has always been drawn with semi-pale skin even though he was originally Arabic. It won't be a problem. I think on the cartoons (i.e., Batman/Spuerman Adventures), they gave him a slightly British-like accent.

From www.imdb.com

A new restart of the "Batman" franchise under the helm of "Memento" Director Chris Nolan and more in tone with the early "Batman: Year One" style comics. As a boy a young Bruce Wayne watched in horror as his millionaire parents were slain in front of his eyes, a trauma which led him to become obsessed with revenge but his chance is cruelly taken away from him by fate. After disappearing to the East where he seeks counsel with the dangerous but honorable ninja cult leader known as Ra's Al-Ghul, he returns to his now decaying Gotham City overrun by organised crime and dangerous individuals manipulating the system whilst the company he inherited is slowly being pulled out from under him. The discovery of a cave under his mansion, and a prototype armoured suit leads him to take on a new persona, one which will strike fear into the hearts of men who do wrong - he becomes, Batman. In the new guise, and with the help of rising cop Jim Gordon, Batman sets out to take down the various nefarious schemes in motion by individuals such as mafia don Falcone, the twisted doctor/drug dealer Jonathan 'The Scarecrow' Crane, and a mysterious third party that is quite familiar with Wayne and waiting to strike when the time is right.

Summary written by Dark Horizons

Unless the producers said, "Hey! We're starting over -- ignore the last four films," we have to acknowledge them. Hence the lame name.

why cant they do that, huh? look at the Highlander series. not only did they ignore the previous movies but they ignored half of a couple. i was pissed the guy from PI and Requim for a Dream wasnt going to do the scarecrow script

Unless the producers said, "Hey! We're starting over -- ignore the last four films," we have to acknowledge them. Hence the lame name.

why cant they do that, huh? look at the Highlander series. not only did they ignore the previous movies but they ignored half of a couple. i was pissed the guy from PI and Requim for a Dream wasnt going to do the scarecrow script

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for them doing that -- starting over. I was just countering what Joe said.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...