DC reboot

dc20willsave

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The outfit basically matches the one Fatality has been wearing and the ears look slightly pointed. Plus skin tone tends to be inconsistant between colourists. She's a featured Pink Ranger and the outfits match (bar the big white shoulder-thingie and some mask-detailing).

Then again from a character standpoint I can see them throwing in Donna, since she's got nothing to do and give Kyle someone to talk to.

Quite true, but how will retelling the same old stories and fights and origins draw in the much-coveted new reader? How is it any different from the comics we've been reading for a lifetime?

Answer: It's not. They're just wearing new costumes.

Quite true, but how will retelling the same old stories and fights and origins draw in the much-coveted new reader? How is it any different from the comics we've been reading for a lifetime?

Answer: It's not. They're just wearing new costumes.

I agree, I'm just pointing out that prez's complaint is explained by what the book is doing.

If that were completely true, then DC could just republish those same old comics. Since certain things are different (notably, the way in which the JLA is formed), they're stories worth telling. It's like what they did with Green Lantern: Secret Origin. Sure, it was a "retelling" of Hal's origin, but damn if it's not the best Green Lantern origin story told to date, and it certainly had major implications for the future of the storyline.

In some cases maybe, but I don't think anybody's petitioning for another Batman/Superman fight.

Or another Batman / Green Lantern fight.

Or another Superman origin.

Or another JLA origin.

Or, well, you get it.

From the solicitations, teaser art, and covers, DC is doing nothing new to grab new readers or set this version of the DCU apart from the old. It's quite sad, actually.

And yes, there are some books I will give a solid shot, but that's because the characters or creators excite me. Even without the reboot I would be buying them.

And yes, there are some books I will give a solid shot, but that's because the characters or creators excite me. Even without the reboot I would be buying them.

That's where I am. I'm buying the books featuring characters off the beaten path, in other genres, and the ones written by Paul Cornell, but barely any in the mainstream of the DC Universe.

Justice League is set in the past (at least for its first arc), presumably when Batman was still an urban legend.

Hadn't read that. I guess that's better. But I just feel like DC is saying "What? You've read us your whole life? Why the fuck did you do that? That stuff never happened. Dumbass."