Video Games to Film?

Yarrik

Here's the whole list for the lazy people:

American McGee's Alice

American McGee's Oz

Alone in the Dark (the list was made October of last year)

Area 51

BloodRayne

Crazy Taxi

Darkwatch

Death Jr.

Deus Ex

Devil May Cry

Diablo

Dead or Alive

Doom

Driver

Duke Nukem

Eternal Darkness

Far Cry

Fatal Frame

Fear and Respect

Fear Effect

The Getaway

Grand Theft Auto

Half-Life

Hitman

Hunter: The Reckoning

Max Payne

MechWarrior

Metroid

Nightmare Creatures

Onimusha

Pac-Man

Prince of Persia

Psi-Ops

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Silent Hill

Soul Calibur

Spy Hunter

Tekken

Vampire: The Requiem (the pen and paper RPG's)

Some Comments:

The Deus Ex movie has been in the works for awhile, the movie rights were snatched up fairly quickly post-release. That somebody thinks they can make it darker than the game is a little crazy, but if they can pull it off - :OMG:.

Max Payne would make a great film-noir Rambo. Don't change a damned thing.

The Doom movie is going to suck. It won't be on Mars.

Metroid will probably get off the ground when Spy Hunter's released. Both those films will have some good action, and that will fit with the franchises.

If Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat have taught us anything, it's that to make a proper fighting game movie, it has to be animated.

A 3rd RE? I'm not sure what I think about that, because I haven't seen Apocalypse, but I liked the 1st as an action movie.

Crystal Sky Entertainment and Japanese distributor Gaga (the two companies linked to the live-action Tekken movie) have gobbled up the movie rights to the videogame that started it all, Pac-Man. The studio plans to turn the classic arcade franchise into a "live-action fantasy adventure." 

How the HELL do you make Pac-man a live-action film? I consider myself having a broad imagination, but I'm really stumped on this one.

Oh and this Uwe Boll, who's meant to be making half of these films, made Alone in the Dark and House of the Dead. I've seen neither, but both are meant to suck really, really badly.

Oh and this Uwe Boll, who's meant to be making half of these films, made Alone in the Dark and House of the Dead. I've seen neither, but both are meant to suck really, really badly.

Can't speak for Alone in the Dark, but I can safely say that House of the Dead truly does blow.

Diablo could be pretty good, if its done like conan and not like the originanl he-man.

Duke Nuken in running man style would be good.

I would mark out huge for the Vampire : Masquerade movie, only because I love that Vampire angle so much.

My question is, forget Tetris, where is Dig Dug!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...