Episode 525

RSS

I thought Under the Red Hood was really good. But I haven't watched anything since. I'm okay with that.

I was just gonna say UTRH was fantastic and oozing with emotion. And I wouldn't say the Wonder Woman movie had many flaws, either. By and large, yeah, I think a lot of these things aren't great, but there are a few gems.

In regards as to what Dan and I would possibly review together, I could see GI Joe or Jem. The more I watch of GI Joe, the more I realize half the Joes were almost certainly bisexual if not actually gay. See Shipwreck. Hell, look at Dr. Mindbender:

263236-12914-dr-mindbender_large.jpg

Try to tell me that that man isn't gay. Just try. I'm waiting.

GI Joe: A Real American Hero has always been about the government using its might to bring down homosexuality. Sure, there are a few obviously gay Joes, but that's nothing more than a smokescreen to hide the producers' actual intentions. Nearly every member of Cobra is into some sort of leather and / or mask fetish, they often bare their chests, and there are very few females on their side. (And don't even get me started on Serpentor and his snakes that can be turned into ridged spears.) So, when you really think about it, Cobra is being oppressed by the Joes.

Will: I legitimately, no lie, once managed to convince myself for about ten minutes that an ongoing G.I. Joe podcast would actually be a good idea. Then I realized that every episode dealing with a TV episode would be "In this one, some goofy shit happened and it was okay but not spectacular" and every episode dealing with a comic issue would be "Larry Hama describes weapons or gear in fetishistic detail and describes Flint as "Guy in Hat" and there's some ninjas."

In regards as to what Dan and I would possibly review together, I could see GI Joe or Jem. The more I watch of GI Joe, the more I realize half the Joes were almost certainly bisexual if not actually gay. See Shipwreck. Hell, look at Dr. Mindbender:

263236-12914-dr-mindbender_large.jpg

Try to tell me that that man isn't gay. Just try. I'm waiting.

Okay. His name is Dr. Mindbender. He is bending your mind to make you think he is gay with that outfit. Because that gives him an advantage somehow. That's all I got. Carry on.

Will: I legitimately, no lie, once managed to convince myself for about ten minutes that an ongoing G.I. Joe podcast would actually be a good idea. Then I realized that every episode dealing with a TV episode would be "In this one, some goofy shit happened and it was okay but not spectacular" and every episode dealing with a comic issue would be "Larry Hama describes weapons or gear in fetishistic detail and describes Flint as "Guy in Hat" and there's some ninjas."

And that's why, as much as I love GI Joe, I don't see this site hosting an ongoing GI Joe program. With but a few exceptions, everything was the same.

And that's why, as much as I love GI Joe, I don't see this site hosting an ongoing GI Joe program. With but a few exceptions, everything was the same.

Yeah, it seriously took me all of ten minutes to realize it wouldn't work. I'd love doing it but no one would want to listen to it.