Darth Vader v Obi-Wan Kenobi

Missy

Who wins...?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Darth Vader: During his transition from Anakin Skywalker into Darth Vader, the young Jedi ruthlessly killed hundreds of people—including Jedi Master Mace Windu and innocent children. In a fit of jealous rage, he then nearly killed his own wife and battled his former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Though he lost that fight, Vader cheated certain death and took his rightful place at Emperor Palpatine's side. There, he led the Imperial Fleet and personally slaughtered billions of people. Each death served to focus Lord Vader's powers, thus bringing them to the peak of perfection.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: While his passive manner might have fooled many into thinking he was nothing more than a crazy, reclusive old man, Kenobi staved off many challengers, including hordes of robot troopers, Darth Maul, Jango Fett, General Grievous and Darth Vader. In the end, Obi-Wan allowed his former student to slay him so he could guide Luke Skywalker from the netherworld.

First off, let me say that this isn't an easy fight. Anakin/pre-suit Vader was a tough match for Obi-Wan, but Kenobi ultimately handed the kid his ass. And the only thing that stopped him from killing Skywalker was the brotherly love he felt for the man. However, since this fight is using the suited (and a much angrier/focused) Vader, Obi-Wan will have a tougher time striking down his foe, if only because he's so much more powerful than before. But, as we saw in the past, Kenobi killed both Maul (as a Padawan, no less) and General Grievous (who was brandishing four sabers at the time) -- two very impressive foes.

In the end, however, it comes down to Obi-Wan's calm and collected nature versus Vader's anger and arrogance. Those four elements will win Kenobi this battle, if only because he'll patiently wait for an opening that Vader's inflated ego (RE: his belief that he cannot be beat) will inevitably bring.

I'm not going to vote yet because I need some time to think about it more, but right now I'm leaning towards Obi-Wan Kenobi. But just because he beat Vader in their first fight, and allowed Vader to kill him in their second doesn't necessarily mean that Kenobi owns Vader in this one.

I'm not going to vote yet because I need some time to think about it more, but right now I'm leaning towards Obi-Wan Kenobi. But just because he beat Vader in their first fight, and allowed Vader to kill him in their second doesn't necessarily mean that Kenobi owns Vader in this one.

Sure it does. :ph34r:

I just voted, and my vote made it (as of now) 10-0 for Obi-Wan.

Poor Vader. Someone please vote for Vader so this isn't a sweep. :P

I think either Kenobi will take Vader. The younger Kenobi has several steps on the older Kenobi, but the older Kenobi has had many more years to study and master the Force.

Is this Episode III Kenobi vs. Episode IV-VI Vader?

Or is this Epidode IV Kenobi vs. Episode IV-VI Vader?

That could influence a lot of votes.

Each combatant is in their prime, but only within the framework of the movies. So that's Return of the Jedi for Luke, Revenge of the Sith for Obi-Wan and Yoda, and A New Hope/The Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi for Vader.

I happen to fall under the Obi-Wan owns Vader based on what he did to him without the hinderance that the suit brings. I'm sure that suit isn't any help to Vader's ability with a light saber, because if you think about it, the suit takes enough damage and Vader's gonna die. His ability with the lightsaber in tandem with the force has got to save him, and I think that Obi-Wan in his prime could get him.

I think the suit is more of a life support system and therefore a hindurance and not an advantage. I think that Vader would be tougher in this fight just because he realizes his own limitations and will therefore be alot more careful but in the end I think Kenobi would find a way in and kill him. Now if vader had never gotten the burns and been put in his suit then I think that a older Vader would be able to beat Obi wan.

I didn't think I would do it, but I voted against Obi.

Can Darth use the throat crush on Jedi? If he can, surely that gives him an edge. If not, I think he would use Obi's one weakness, flying objects. Seriously, everytime a Sith started tossing inatimate objects at him, he went weak at the knees!

I go Vader, Obi Wan only went over in Episode Three cause Anakin was ridiculously cocky and went for that jump. As Vader he wouldn't make that mistake, and I believe that in the end Vader would take the win.

Poor, poor Vader. This blowout is shocking! I mean, Obi-Wan impressed a lot of people in Revenge of the Sith (including myself), but I never expected a fight this one-sided.

I don't think it is all that shocking. Had the poll been taken a year ago, I think it would have been closer, but watching Kenobi own Vader in "Sith" tipped the scales against Vader.