Everything Marvel

JackFetch

Actually looking back over them Ghost rider made the most money, so I was wrong there. It'd be cool to see them putting together that sort of mystical Avengers roster though. They could probably ditch Cage Hulk-style but Snipes might be willing and not too costly right now. You could totally make it about Michael Morbius and his POV of getting turned into a vampire.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd almost suggest doing a seperate Marvel Knights film line that would be released through Touchstone. Of these four properties, Daredevil might be the only one that would really fit in with the Cinematic Universe. Might. But by doing the Marvel Knights film line, they can tell the more adult films. Be definition they should be going lower budget but still. Then, like Preston said, if Ghost Rider and Blade are successful, then we do Midnight Sons or Tomb of Dracula.

A topic of discussion among many fans lately is whether Iron Man star Robert Downey Jr. will renegotiate with Marvel Studios for future appearances in their films. The Hollywood Reporter says that the actor met with Kevin Feige and many other executives last night to begin laying out the groundwork for his return. Insiders say that the negotiations looked to his return as the character in the upcoming Avengers 2 and a third "Avengers" film. A fourth Iron Man film was said to not be included in the talks as it is unclear if Downey Jr. is interested in another stand-alone feature as the character.

Beyond the news that Marvel is developing a third "Avengers" movie, THR also revealed that the studio has scripts in development for Ms. Marvel and a reboot of the character Blade (whose screenrights were recently returned to Marvel). Other films still in the pipeline at Marvel, with no production date in sight, include Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Black Panther and The Runaways.

Furthermore, Kevin Feige spoke with Collider and said there are currently no plans to make spin-off films for the characters War Machine (played by Don Cheadle) or The Falcon (Anthony Mackie in the upcoming Captain America: The Winter Soldier).

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176753-future-marvel-studios-projects-revealed

For some reason I think The Runaways would be a bigger deal than most all of the rest of those. Teen superteam with their own pet dinosaur? Come on, for Disney that's a slam dunk.

I really hope the actors are better able to get a chunk of the dollars from the next Avengers, it's so harsh that RDJ gets $50 million and they're on so much less, although I don't believe the reports that they only got $200,000. Sorry but for all the promotion they did for a film that cost that much the actual Avengers team have to be breaking the millions mark in the end, otherwise it's not worth it. That $200,000 number is repeated in every story about this subject but elsewhere Scarlett reportedly got 4-6 million plus bonuses and cold earn $20 million for the sequel.

Whilst I didn't think Falcon or War Machine would get their own films, I do think one of them should show up in Avengers. All Marvel's solo heroes have a black guy as a near-sidekick. Where's my Heimdal movie?

That $200,000 number is misleading. They got multi picture deals and the ability to renegotiate their contracts. That's why Scarlett Johansson is making $20 million for the sequel making her the highest paid actress of all time. We also don't know what kind of back end and merchandising deals they got.

And here's what I retained:

That $200,000 number is misleading. They got multi picture deals and the ability to renegotiate their contracts. That's why Scarlett Johansson is making $20 million for the sequel making her the highest paid actress of all time. We also don't know what kind of back end and merchandising deals they got.

:wub:

Other films still in the pipeline at Marvel, with no production date in sight, include Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Black Panther and The Runaways.

I soo want a classic Power Man & Iron Fist kung-fu/blaxploitation movie. I just want them to take a chance and do something stylistically different. Don't put this in the shared universe. Make a stand alone R-rated movie and I would go watch it 17 times in the theater. Yet I know this proposed Iron Fist movie is just going to be a modern American martial arts film, rated PG-13.

BH6 is OBSCURE!

Like, they were supporting characters in the Seagle/Roulea Alpha Flight (volume 3?). They had a 3 issue mini afterwards (I think), but they are the perfect candidate for an anime style film. I see this as Marvel doing the right thing and diversifying. Needs to be done.

Watching the contract negotiations with the actors going forward for Marvel makes it obvious why there will never be a Justice League movie. If the actress playing Black Widow is worth more than 20 million what does the actress playing Wonder Woman go for?

Sure there is.

That's the kind of thinking that turns these movies into thinly-veiled ego projects disguised as character pieces instead of anything resembling a good story.

You'd have to redub her the whole way through. I would say that there's a difference between a part and a Superhero. Any film can have Abraham Lincoln and pay whatever they like, only one film can have Superman or Wonder Woman. It does command a certain amount. That being said, no way they ever cast someone for 20 million, and anything below Batman and Superman on the DC side corresponds to their Marvel equivalents I would say.

I'd argue you get better results with supposedly riskier casting too. It's the difference between casting RDJ and Tom Cruise as Iron Man. RDJ wasn't the name that Cruise was at the time but he was worth the risk because they got it right. DC on the other hand would rather cast Halle Berry as Catwoman than get the part right.

Basically ideally DC want someone they can snag for a couple of mil but will be worth 20 million in a couple of movies time.

It's the vicious circle of these things. You can cast someone who is small when you do the first one to save on money so if the film is successful you can make so much more. However, when the film is successful, then you have a star who everyone wants to get and can command a higher amount for future films. So, you save money on the first but now you have a guy who gets more and law of diminishing returns usually means that your sequel will make less. When half of your budget eventually goes to casting, then you have some major problems.