X-Men 3

MaxPower

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about who should play Emma, and though I think Julia Stiles could pull it off (and she's said she wants to do some comic book movies), Elisabeth Rohm would be PERFECT.

Dude, I like you more and more every time you post here and at the 'Tory. :yes:

Elizabeth Rohm: :wub:

Angel/Archangel should really, really be in X3. I mean, how hard would it be to include him? Throw some wings on someone. Whoo.

I just don't see Angel translating well to the big screen. Plus, Gambit, who's a much bigger fan favorite, will probably be the new mutant (no pun intended) added for this one. (You've just gotta assume.)

• 2 months later...

Word has it that the reason Sam Huntington was cast as Jimmy Olsen instead of Shawn Ashmore (Iceman) is because the shooting scheduled of X3 and Superman conflict and Fox would not allow Ashmore time off to shoot the other comic book adaptation. If this rumor is true, it also means that James Marsden (Cyclops) will not appear in the third X-Men film due to his upcoming role as Perry White's son. By no means, however, does this equate to the removal of Cyclops from the team, as rumors of recasting have already begun.

In my opinion, they should not recast the role. Simply note that Scott was so distraught over the death of his girlfriend that he had to leave the time to mourn his loss. This way, the door is left open for his return in X4.

(This was also posted in the Superman 5 thread.)

They're kicking Marsden off of the cast? I hope not. I actually kinda liked him.

That doesn't make any sense. Superman Returns begins filming March 3rd. Even if it took 3 months to film, none of the X-Men cast would miss any time, because filming of X-Men 3 isn't scheduled to begin filming until June. And it's not like Marsden has a huge role in Superman either.

Superman shooting runs until the end of July, so there is a direct conflict.

As for Marsden: He's not being kicked out; he never inked a deal for a third film. His original contract bound him to two films, and he opted not to come back for the third when it was noticed that the schedules of the two movies overlapped.

In my opinion, they should not recast the role. Simply note that Scott was so distraught over the death of his girlfriend that he had to leave the time to mourn his loss. This way, the door is left open for his return in X4.

Especially after this is what happened in the comic books, kinda. Scott left when Dark Phoenix killed herself on the moon.

• 4 weeks later...

Singer has really fucked this franchise up. The whole thing has been in public chaos since he left to do his dream project.

Personally, I think they should wait until they can get him back on board. I agree with Proyas who the producers tried to acquire as director: this is Singer's baby, and he's established the tone of the series, and if anyone wants to make X-Men 3 successful, they're basically gonna have to make the film that Singer would have made. There's no way a director can put their personal twist on the series, because that'd mess everything up, and completely befuddle the established fanbase.

The fact that they're rushing this through with no finalised script and nobody at the helm really makes me think this will go the way of the dustbin.

Really? I've looked on Yahoo news, AICN.com and IGN.com and found nothing. Where did you hear it?

Vaughn is completely out of left field. But as well as him being responsible for Layer Cake, he also had a strong hand in Snatch and Lock, Stock. Perhaps he even had a bigger hand than we'd first think, because the only thing Guy Richie has done without him is Swept Away, and we all know how terrible that was.

Strange choice. Vaughn gave the impression he was better suited to tackle the next Bond.

I got more excited by seeing that Ian McKellen was returning, fuck I love that guy, and he is just totally awesome as Magneto.

Pisses me off a bit that Jackman has some sort of producing credit, its a curse, almost a 'jump the shark' when a star produces.

PS. I HATE Halle Berry.

New rumors state that Beast, Gambit and a female Angel will all join the cast.

Now before you all get up in arms about Angel being a girl, you should know that just recently there was a second X-Man using that codename who was indeed female. So this might be her and not a retooling of Warren.

Gambit

:OMG:

I wonder who is gonna play the Cajun.

Hopefully they cast the guy who was Hank McCoy in X-2 to at least do the voice of Beast, if only for continuity. I wonder what version of Beast they're going to do. It would be awesome if they showed his mutation throughout the movie. Like he starts off just as an extremely strong and agile human with big feet and an odd posture, then gradually grows the fur and other things.