X-Men 3

MaxPower

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sinister might be too out there, even for this type of movie.

Gambit for sure, Psylocke or Emma (to replace Jean), Havoc, Angel, and Beast, as well as Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch as Magneto's bastard children. I'll cast 'em later.

Word around the campfire is Gambit's a no go because his character's too close to Wolverine's (unfriendly badass) and his power's too close to Cyclops (stuff blows up). Add that to the fact that Rogue's a teenager going out with Iceman... sorry Remy. Hope the rumor's wrong, but.

I'd like to see more Colossus. I marked out HUGE in the theater when he showed up, and his power and character could fit in to a story line well.

Gambit -- Keanu Reeves (Neo, The Matrix)

Psylocke -- Kate Beckinsale (Selene, Underworld)

Emma Frost -- Peta Wilson (Mina Harker, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

Havoc -- Stuart Townsend (Dorian Gray, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

Angel -- Josh Duhamel (Tad Hamilton, Win a Date with Tad Hamilton)

Hank McCoy (pre-fur) -- Steve Bascic (Hank McCoy, X2)

Beast (with fur) -- CG'd with George Buza's voice (Beast, X-Men cartoon)

Quicksilver -- Topher Grace (Eric Forman, That '70s Show)

Scarlet Witch -- Laura Prepon (Donna Pinciotti, That '70s Show)

Jubilee -- Chiaki Kuriyama (Go Go, Kill Bill: Vol. 1)

By the way, IMDB is listing Famke Janssen as "Phoenix/Jean Grey". Where as before she's been credited as "Dr. Jean Grey". A spoiler of things to come, perhaps? (I guess not if you really watched the ending of X2.)

Keanu as Gambit?!? Great, why don't I just go shoot myself for bringing it up.

I hate it too, but I'll tell you why it's an okay idea:

01. Gambit looks grimy, just like Keanu.

02. Gambit wears a trench coat, as did Neo. And Keanu looked good in it.

03. Gambit has a staff, as did Neo for the one fight in the second Matrix film. (Frankly, those moves were sweet, and it would be killer is they had Gambit do something similar.)

Ok but Gambit has to be the smooth cajun, not the dopey surfer. Keanu would do to Gambit what Arnie did to the Mr Freeze.

Thats why I picked Matthew McConaughey as gambit, he is smooth, can get the accent down pat and was pretty kcik ass in Reign of Fire. The martial arts can be taught.

• 1 month later...
X-Men 3 To Shoot In 2005

X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner told SCI FI Wire that a third movie in the Marvel Comics franchise is slated to begin filming in Vancouver, B.C., in June 2005, with a release date of May 2, 2006. "I just had a conversation with [director] Bryan [singer] today," Shuler Donner said in an interview at the Saturn Awards in Los Angeles on May 5. "We just started to talk about what the possibilities are. We're pretty sure Wolverine's going to come back."

Shuler Donner added that she's going to push to add the new mutants Gambit and Beast this time around. "I'm dying to put Beast in," Shuler Donner said. "I tried to get Beast in the first one and the second one, but it was always too expensive. So, yeah, I'm really dying to get Beast in, and I'd love to get Gambit in, because he's such a cool guy. And there's some really good casting ideas for Gambit." She declined to say who was up for the role.

As for Halle Berry—the Oscar-winning actress who has said she's reluctant to return unless her character, Storm, has a lot more to do—Shuler Donner said, "I certainly hope so, because I love working with her. ... We would only write a big huge role for her, so she's right in that respect, and we would make sure that that would happen."

And Shuler Donner confirmed that the third movie will deal, at least in part, with the Dark Phoenix storyline that was planted in the second X-Men movie, X2. "We will follow it through in some respect, absolutely, yes," she said. "And we love Famke [Janssen] anyway, so, yeah. Well, she's Dark Phoenix. She's Jean Grey." The producer added that Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris, who wrote the second film, will pen the third installment.

(source)

• 3 weeks later...

I heard a report saying that beast wasn't going to be in it because there were too many 'blue' characters already, which I thought was weird.

I am very fearful of who they think are "really good casting ideas" for Gambit. Don't be suprised if we see Jim Carrey in the role.

I know this is a broken record with me, but what is the f$#'n big deal about Halle? She was easily the weakest character in both X-men movies, giving Storm a bigger part in the next movie would just be riddiculous.....

• 3 weeks later...
James Marsden Talks X-Men 3

After this weekend’s Spider-Man 2 junket, you’ll probably be seeing lots of reports of Avi Arad announcing the looming production of X-men 3. We’ll have the Spider-Man 2 coverage in the next weeks, but I also got a chance to talk to James Marsden, who didn’t seem all that certain about the third film.

When will you do X3?

I don't know. If you find out, please let me know. I think Fox has expressed interest in bringing everybody back and I think they’re working on a story and how they’re going to pay everyone.

Were you signed for three?

No, everyone as far as my knowledge, everyone signed on for two pictures, the first and second one. So now, that’s why I say how they’re going to pay everyone because I’m sure everyone’s going to go back and ask for lots of money.

How responsive will the talent be to coming back?

I think everyone will be back with the exception of one person.

Who?

No, I can’t.

A certain Oscar-Winner?

Um.

I don't know that for a fact though because I just spoke with the writers and they said, “Oh, it might not be the case.” So I don't know. I have no idea. I talked to Hugh Jackman the other day and he said, “Do you know anything about X3?” And I said, “I haven’t a clue.” “All right, when they call you, tell me. Call me and tell me.”

Could it be Famke Janssen who won’t come back, since she was killed off in X2?

No, I wasn’t suggesting that and she’s not really killed off. I think what’s going to happen is, I think, and this is purely speculation, is that hopefully they’ll get into the Dark Phoenix storyline from the comic book. But again, that’s purely speculation.

The writers told you this?

I’ve heard hints towards going toward that storyline. It’s so hard for me to even say at this point because the writers, what people are telling them to write is changing weekly, on a weekly basis. It’s one of those things like yeah, I’ll do that movie when they’re ready but I can’t even start to even think about it at this point.

Will Bryan Singer come back?

Yes, I know he really wants to. I think he’s also trying to figure out scheduling the shoot against he’s doing Logan’s Run. So he’s trying to figure that out, so there’s lots of things. Although, Fox already nabbed the weekend of May 2nd, 2006 to release X-men 3 but that’s subject to change as well. It could go to Christmas.

But Avi Arad said it’s a go?

Well, Avi’s always like, ‘It’s brilliant, the script is written and it’s going to be out in 2006.’ And he very well could be right. They just haven’t filtered that, they haven’t let that down to the cast. We don’t know.

What might be easier the third time around?

The second one was pretty easy. The first one was challenging. The second one was pretty easy because we all were comfortable in the suits and the way everyone operated and worked. It was very simple, so it was easy to go back to that actually.

(source: About.com)

Bryan Singer is redoing Logan's Run? :lol:

Am I alone in losing all interest in the Dark Phoenix storyline? Seems like every story ever involving Jean has hinted toward, if not completely rehashed, this old-ass story. It was tremendous when first released, but come on... after seeing it again half a dozen times, I'm ready for something different.

Even Days of Future Past would be better than another Phoenix story.

drq

I'd like to see more Colossus. I marked out HUGE in the theater when he showed up, and his power and character could fit in to a story line well.

Gambit can suck my dick until Colossus become a "regular" character in the Xmen. Gambit can have the 5-minute cameo in X3....fucker.

• 2 weeks later...
Bryan Singer is redoing Logan's Run? :lol:

Am I alone in losing all interest in the Dark Phoenix storyline? Seems like every story ever involving Jean has hinted toward, if not completely rehashed, this old-ass story. It was tremendous when first released, but come on... after seeing it again half a dozen times, I'm ready for something different.

Even Days of Future Past would be better than another Phoenix story.

drq

Is Days of Future Past where some X-Men from the past, namely Kitty, Wolverine, and Colossus, travel through time to prevent the world from being overrun by sentinels because that's exactly what happened in their time?

I love that one.

Truly, I'd like to see a Wolverine movie, where they flesh out some cool aspects of his character. He's always been my favorite and the one with the most interesting past. He's over a hundred years old!

The Dark Phoenix arc is one that I've seen done in the comic and the animated series, it can only be worse than those because they were so well done.

Truly, I'd like to see a Wolverine movie, where they flesh out some cool aspects of his character.  He's always been my favorite and the one with the most interesting past.  He's over a hundred years old!

I remember reading (though I don't know where) that if X-Men 3 should not be made, a Wolverine solo picture will automatically be green lit. I've also heard (again, I can't provide a source) that this will be the last X-Men film, however, a Wolverine spin-off series will pick up from there. In both cases Hugh Jackman would, of course, play the title role.

Truly, I'd like to see a Wolverine movie, where they flesh out some cool aspects of his character.  He's always been my favorite and the one with the most interesting past.  He's over a hundred years old!

I remember reading (though I don't know where) that if X-Men 3 should not be made, a Wolverine solo picture will automatically be green lit. I've also heard (again, I can't provide a source) that this will be the last X-Men film, however, a Wolverine spin-off series will pick up from there. In both cases Hugh Jackman would, of course, play the title role.

I don't really care for Hugh Jackman. I really had this high standard of what Wolverine was and what Logan would be like, but Jackman only kinda got to the bottom floor, so to speak. I mean, he has the 'tude down, but sometimes I just didn't buy that he was the ol' Canucklehead.