X-Men 3

MaxPower

Then you have a complete tool like Ratner coming along and going "HEY LETS THROW IN A HOT CHICK WHO CAN ATTRACT ANYONE SHE WANTS OMG BOOBY TITTY TITTY LOL BOOB" and this movie is quickly degenerating into little more than a T and A fest.

I don't remember there being that many sexual referrences in the forefront of Rush Hour 1, Rush Hour 2, or Red Dragon.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Berry is pretty much shit. Even her work in Monster's Ball is highly overrated. It's too bad that Singer preferred Superman to this because all signs point to this project being awful. Ratner has made one movie that was almost passable, Red Dragon, thanks to the actors and source material, and even then it wasn't great. He's a studio hack, and I'm inclined to believe the rumours that Vaughn quit when he wasn't allowed to scrap the screenplay.

Halle Berry talked to V Life, the new Variety magazine, about her role as Storm in the "X-Men" movies. The interview was done before she had agreed to come back for X-Men 3.

"I suffered through the two movies where die-hard fans would come up to me and say, 'How come you let them make Storm wimp out all the time?'" she says. "As if I have any control. Last time I asked them to let Storm do something more than drive the plane, and she drove the plane. Storm is a formidable fighter in the comic books; she has a cape and can fly. I've never flown anywhere in two movies except behind the wheel of that plane. I'd hate to not be part of the final film, but I won't spend five months standing around, even though we all stand to get paid a lot of money this time."

"X3" co-writer Zak Penn says Berry won't be disappointed.

"As one of the writers of the last film, I'd say it's true she ended up with mostly exposition and plane-flying," Penn says.

"There was a whole sequence at the beginning of the last film that showed the origins of her character in Africa, and it got cut simply because there are 14 characters to service. But 'X3' has a couple of big twists, and Storm is right in the center of them. The fact that Halle is a very good actress who was underused compounds the wish for her to have a better role.

More FilmForce stuff:

August 15, 2005 - IGN FilmForce has confirmed a Web rumor that Predator actor Bill Duke has joined the cast of X-Men 3. Movies Online claims that Duke had been cast as the scientist who created the mutant-hunting Sentinel robots but that's not accurate. Sources indicate that Duke actually portrays a politician in The President's cabinet.

Duke's other acting credits include Payback, National Security and Red Dragon, which was directed by X3's Brett Ratner. Duke has directed such films as A Rage in Harlem, Deep Cover and Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit, as well as a slew of TV series.

IGNFF has learned of some other additions to the X3 cast. Portraying the role of Warren Worthington, Sr., father of Angel (Ben Foster), is Michael Murphy (perhaps best known to fanboys as the mayor of Gotham City in Batman Returns).

Murphy was the star of Robert Altman's famous political satire, Tanner '88, and his other credits include Live From Baghdad, Manhattan and Salvador.

Finally, British actress Olivia Williams has been cast as Dr. Moira MacTaggert. The Marvel Database Project reminds us that, in the comics, the Nobel Prize-winning Moira was a former lover of Professor X's who ran a mutant research center on Muir Island in her native Scotland. She also also the mother of the mutant known as Proteus. Moira died after discovering a cure for a new strain of the Legacy virus.

Williams' credits include The Sixth Sense (as Bruce Willis' wife), Peter Pan (as Mrs. Darling), Rushmore and Below.

MacTaggert is an odd character to cast. It would seem maybe we're getting a legacy virus storyline, as I really can't see them using Proteus.

IGN has learned that Oscar-nominated Iranian actress Shohreh Aghdashloo has joined the growing ensemble cast of X-Men 3. Sources advised us that she will portray a character named Dr. Rao.

UXN reminds us that in Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men, "Doctor Kavita Rao, a world-renowned geneticist, had claimed that she had developed a serum, called Hope, which could 'cure' mutants of their mutation. While hundreds of mutants immediately signed up for the procedure at Benetech, the corporate backer of Rao's research, the X-Men debated the societal meaning of this: someone comparing mutation to a disease. Still, the chance at being "normal" has weighed heavily on Hank McCoy's mind, as he considered the ability to no longer be 'a Beast.'"

The 53-year-old Aghdashloo was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in House of Sand and Fog, opposite The Hulk's Jennifer Connelly.

Aghdashloo's other credits include Twenty Bucks and the forthcoming The Exorcism of Emily Rose. She also has appeared on Fox's hit TV series 24 as Dina Araz.

Um...so Apocalypse is going to be the villain??????

Where'd you get that?

If they are going to work the "Cure" storyline, Apocalypse has to be in there somewhere since the "cure" never existed anyway and was just a front to get Apocalypse his new generation of the 4 Horsemen.

Now of course this isn't going to happen, but I'm just saying.

I don't think a cure would make sense for the storyline, since they've already hinted at Wolverine vs Magneto (which I hate, because in a straight fight, there is no way Logan could take Magneto, NONE). And if the X-Men took an exception to a "cure," then surely would Magneto, especially in movie continuity since he tried to cause a vast array of world leaders to mutate. So what exactly would they have to fight about? Pyro?

Um...so Apocalypse is going to be the villain??????

Where'd you get that?

If they are going to work the "Cure" storyline, Apocalypse has to be in there somewhere since the "cure" never existed anyway and was just a front to get Apocalypse his new generation of the 4 Horsemen.

Now of course this isn't going to happen, but I'm just saying.

That storyline happened in the tv show, in the comic Angel became Death after the Mutant Massacre storyline when he lost his wings and was going to commit suicide, Apocalypse appeared and offered him the chance to have wings again. One of the morlocks became Famine or Pestilence around the same time.

I don't think a cure would make sense for the storyline, since they've already hinted at Wolverine vs Magneto (which I hate, because in a straight fight, there is no way Logan could take Magneto, NONE). And if the X-Men took an exception to a "cure," then surely would Magneto, especially in movie continuity since he tried to cause a vast array of world leaders to mutate. So what exactly would they have to fight about? Pyro?

So we get the fatal attractions storyline which is all good. I still think the Mutant Massacre would have been a great storyline, cause apart from Toad and Nightcrawler there are no mutants who are less aesthetically pleasing. Iy would show the less pleasant side of mutations were all the mutants don't look like supermodels.

Plus it would be a great way to introduce Gambit and turn Angel into Archangel, because we all know that Archangel > Angel.

Huh? Unless I missed something, Apocalypse hasn't appeared in years. Doctor Rao is from "Gifted," the first Joss Whedon storyline in The Amazing X-Men. With the help of an alien, she developed a cure that really did rid mutants of their powers. The X-Men took issue with this, and kicked lots of ass.

Okay, I was mistaken. I haven't read an X-Men comic in years, so I'm going on what I think I remember from long ago. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...
X3: Is it Rao or Reyes?

Shohreh Aghdashloo confuses fandom.

by Stax

August 29, 2005 - Citing a longtime, always reliable source, IGN recently reported that Oscar nominee Shohreh Aghdashloo had joined the cast of X-Men 3 as Dr. Kavita Rao. In the Marvel comics, Dr. Kavita Rao is an Indian geneticist who claims to have developed a "cure" for mutation.

However, Aghdashloo has now advised Entertainment Weekly that "I'm playing Dr. Cecilia Reyes, and she has this power to create a six-inch force field around herself and ward off any attack." But when pressed for further details, Aghdashloo adds, "To tell the truth, I don't know because I have not read the script yet! Brett [Ratner, the director] is still working on it."

So what gives? Did IGN make a mistake? Is the middle-aged, Iranian-born Aghdashloo playing the middle-aged, Indian-born Dr. Rao or the curvy, younger Puerto Rican super-powered mutant Dr. Reyes? It should be noted that the picture of Aghdashloo's character seen in the EW inset is of Dr. Rao and NOT Dr. Reyes, who can be seen here. By the way, EW confirmed all of IGN's other recent casting scoops in the same piece.

We checked with our trusty source who advised us that Aghdashloo is simply mistaken. She is indeed portraying Dr. Kavita Rao. Our insider's word has proven true in the past and we have no reason to doubt them now.

In other X3 news, IGN has learned that the cast of X3 will feature yet another appearance by a supporting character from the Marvel comics. That addition is none other than Jamie Madrox, a.k.a. Multiple Man. The role has not yet been cast, though.

In the comics, Madrox once worked on Muir Island where he assisted Dr. Moira MacTaggert (played by Olivia Williams, as first reported by IGN) with her research. As The Marvel Database tell us, "Madrox is able to absorb kinetic energy on impact, which induces replication of his entire body at the cellular level. An exact duplicate is produced that is both independent of Madrox and shares an empathic link with him. Duplicates can be reabsorbed by the original Madrox, and any knowledge or skills gained by the duplicate will be gained by Madrox."

X-Men 3 is currently filming in Vancouver for a summer 2006 release.