The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you know, your being fobbed off by someone who is in another country?

Since coming back from a vacation this person has:

Barely talked to me on MSN, and has only spoke for a few minutes.

Not answered my texts.

Just been distant.

Dammit.

I'm not letting it get me too down though, I have a lot more stuff to bother with right now, it's just annoying.

Ok, I've been in my new home 7 months and its perfect. I got enough space for everything, I've got easy garage access to my gym and bike and off the road parking. Its nice and quite and really close to my university campus when the new term starts.

Unfortunately the owner has decided to put it on the market. They've tried before, so hopefully they won't find a buyer again but viewings start this Saturday and its just going to be this knife hanging over my head for a while. The letting agent is optimistic that they will fail to sell it since they want too much but I just don't want the stress of constantly tidying up for people to come round and decide whether or not they want to steal my home from me.

I hate change.

I just don't want the stress of constantly tidying up for people to come round and decide whether or not they want to steal my home from me.

Wow; that really, really sucks.

So I got accepted into a university, and was planning on transferring there this Fall. I went through the full-day orientation and everything. But, as it turns out, this particular university is not on the list of approved colleges for Stafford Federal Loans, which was what I was counting on. (My GPA is a tiny bit too low to qualify for good scholarships) On top of that, the actual campus has really disappointed me; I'd almost feel ashamed to graduate from somewhere so shoddy-looking and run-down. So now I might have to apply to an entirely new college, go through orientation, register for classes, buy my books, and get my finances in order all before the end of next month. UGH.

(oh, and I need a job too.)

So I got accepted into a university, and was planning on transferring there this Fall. I went through the full-day orientation and everything. But, as it turns out, this particular university is not on the list of approved colleges for Stafford Federal Loans, which was what I was counting on. (My GPA is a tiny bit too low to qualify for good scholarships)

OK. First, what school is this? I would be very suspicious of any supposed "college" that didn't qualify to receive federal aid for its students. That should be a red flag. You know who else doesn't qualify for federal aid? Diploma mills.

Also, what's your GPA look like? Did you try to get into any other universities for transfer...and why are you transferring in the first place?

On top of that, the actual campus has really disappointed me; I'd almost feel ashamed to graduate from somewhere so shoddy-looking and run-down.

What's it look like? Where is it? What were you expecting?

So now I might have to apply to an entirely new college, go through orientation, register for classes, buy my books, and get my finances in order all before the end of next month. UGH.

No, you don't. There's no law that says YOU MUST GO TO COLLEGE. If you want to, fine, yes, go. But you don't "have to."

(oh, and I need a job too.)

Most of us do. Or at least better ones. Find a school that isn't a diploma mill, and chances are you can work on campus somewhere.

So my Xbox keeps crashing, and I did what the site said about letting it cool down.

It still crashes.

So I go on XBOX.com and they expect me to pay around £80.

They can fuck off right there.

I don't have £80 to pay, so now not only am I down my games console, I also don't have my fucking dvd player anymore.

Fuck XBOX, when I get some money, I'm getting a PS3.

So my Xbox keeps crashing, and I did what the site said about letting it cool down.

It still crashes.

So I go on XBOX.com and they expect me to pay around £80.

They can fuck off right there.

I don't have £80 to pay, so now not only am I down my games console, I also don't have my fucking dvd player anymore.

Fuck XBOX, when I get some money, I'm getting a PS3.

I don't know if Microsoft did this in other countries but in the US, if you get the Red Ring of Death (Three of the lights) Microsoft will pretty much replace your XBox for free. Now, if they are willing to do it in your neck of the woods, what I would suggest is making your two rings into three. How? Well, technically what I'm going to suggest would be fraud but, it happens. Leave your XBox on, over night, wrapped in a blanket. That said, make sure Microsoft's Red Ring policy extends outside of the US first. No reason to cripple a vaguely still operational system for no good reason.

OK. First, what school is this? I would be very suspicious of any supposed "college" that didn't qualify to receive federal aid for its students. That should be a red flag. You know who else doesn't qualify for federal aid? Diploma mills.

University of North Texas. They're pretty huge, but only a tier-4 school. Apparently there are actually a lot of major colleges that don't accept federal loans. They all accept federal grants, but not loans. They want you to get a loan from a private lender. It's very odd.

Also, what's your GPA look like? Did you try to get into any other universities for transfer...and why are you transferring in the first place?
I'm transferring from a community college, and my GPA is about 3.29 or something to that effect. I easily could have had a 4.0, but I went through an extremely rough couple of years and my grades really suffered because of it.

What's it look like? Where is it? What were you expecting?

The college basically just grew steadily outward into the surrounding neighborhood, so half the buildings are barely-renovated run-down old homes.

No, you don't. There's no law that says YOU MUST GO TO COLLEGE. If you want to, fine, yes, go. But you don't "have to."
I want to. =/

Dear Coworker:

-Sending us an email at 11 PM last night that you had bronchitis after going to your wedding = slightly unbelievable. That you mentioned that you would be an hour late did not help your case.

-Coming in an hour late and laughing about how other coworker had to be up at 8:30 to work the night after her 21st birthday = not okay.

-Whining about "how you work so much" when you've got eighteen days off at the beginning of August, and saying taht the three vacations you've taken already this summer don't count = even more not okay.

-Announcing to us taht you were leaving in an hour at one with seemingly no supervisor approval when you should've been on a nine to seven, and had just come in at ten, and then leaving me and other coworker and the occasional ranger who could help to handle the resulting rush after 2 = I'm talking to boss about you now.

No love.

~Me

I just don't want the stress of constantly tidying up for people to come round and decide whether or not they want to steal my home from me.

Wow; that really, really sucks.

I just found out how much they want, and its laughable. They've priced it higher than any other residence in the area and it doesn't even have a proper garden, there is no way they are even getting many enquiries, let alone a likely buyer anytime in the near future.

So I listen back to the panels and interviews I recorded at Ai-Kon, and they sound awesome. Problem is I cannot find a way to connect it to my computer. There appears to be no USB cable to it, so my best idea is to get a headphon-headphone jack conector. Does anyone k now of a way to rip audio doing that?