The Doctor Who thread

It's a testament to how blase I've gotten that I saw this and said the same thing. A few years ago I would have enthusiastically paid my money and gone and had a great time, even if it was "Fear Her" or something truly terrible, not just "meh". but yes, "Impossible Planet/Satan Pit" would have been perfect.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BBC America's press release:

BBC AMERICA
has announced the premiere date for the eighth season of
Doctor Who
. The feature-length episode, entitled "Deep Breath," will air
Saturday, August 23 at 8:00pm ET
. The episode ushers in an exciting new era for the show as Peter Capaldi (
The Musketeers
The Thick of It
) steps into the role of the Doctor. Fans first got a glimpse of Capaldi's Doctor in November's 50
th
Anniversary Special, and again in the final minutes of last year's Christmas Special, but the upcoming season premiere marks the first full episode for the Twelfth Doctor.

Capaldi will be joined by Jenna Coleman (
Death Comes to Pemberley
), who returns as companion Clara Oswald, and Samuel Anderson (
History Boys
Gavin & Stacey
) who joins the cast as Danny Pink, a teacher at Coal Hill School where Clara also works. Previously announced guest stars include Ben Miller (
Primeval
Death in Paradise
), Keeley Hawes (
Line of Duty
Upstairs, Downstairs
), and Tom Riley (
Da Vinci's Demons
).

Leading up to the premiere, Capaldi and Coleman will appear together in the US for the first timewhen they arrive in New York on Thursday, August 14 as part of the first ever
Doctor Who
World Tour. The largest promotional undertaking in the show's 50-year history, the tour will kick off in Cardiff, Wales before heading to London, Seoul, Sydney, New York, Mexico City, and Rio de Janeiro.

Source.

I wonder, has it ever been confirmed that Ecclestone followed directly on from McGann? Because it would be a cool twist if there was a unknown incarnation who was actually the 9th Doctor, bumping Tennant and Smith forward one each.

I love reading old threads.