Sign in to follow this  
D.W.

Random wrestling thoughts

Didn't Hulk Hogan selfishly no-sell a Vader powerbomb?

Been sitting here for the past half hour trying to enter the Post Wrestling G1 prediction contest.  And it is way harder than I thought it would be.  Predicting block/overall winner(s) is rather simple.  Then looking at the schedule and trying to have drama on the last day and working backwards with points. And then you look multiple guys have zero points.  And then you try a spreadsheet.  And that was not wise.   Now I feel like a need a room full of white boards and a montage.

All that to say, new respect to Gedo for booking all of this. 

Asuka is so distracted by Ellsworth appearing at the PPV that she leaves herself vulnerable and loses the match. I hate this gimmick. It was overplayed 20 years ago. There are literally adult fans that are younger than this stupid gimmick. You would think even the biggest idiot would be professional enough to avoid being distracted and finish the match.  

"What, there is someone standing there! I can't comprehend this!"

This is bad enough when it is the heel who is distracted and loses, but it makes the babyface look like a complete dunderhead. Why should I cheer for a babyface who loses because he/she is an idiot? Nobody cheated. Nobody interfered. The babyface totally lost focus and cost himself/herself the match.

This isn't a slam against Asuka's characterization specifically. It is a slam on this stupid overused meme. It is used constantly, and it needs to stop.

Also: Wow that slap to Ellsworth last week was incredibly stiff. I would be ticked off if that was me. He looked like he was legit knocked silly. I don't think he expected her to hit him that hard.

Yes, I tend to run several days to a week behind. I watch on Hulu Plus.