The minor annoyances thread

Missy

I am on vacation this week, not by choice. But whatever. As such, I have some free time so I thought I would go reactivate my gym membership. I suspended it back in November as I just didn't have time due to the holiday crunch at work. Turns out, I have to wait until Feb. to go back. Suspensions are a min. of three months. Yet, based on the amount of people in there, I am kinda glad that I will miss a lot of the resolution people.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked a 9 1/2 hour shift today since it's the first day of the quarter and all my classes are on Tuesday and Thursday. So, to my horror, after I clock out at seven, one of my managers asks if I want to stay until 9 when we close. It takes all my willpower not to yell at him for even asking me that. I humor him and ask one of my other managers if she wants me to stay until seven. She asks me when I got in then tells me to go ahead and leave.

Dear person who sits next to me:

I do not care about your dog. I do not find the stories about how she chews through things to be funny or endearing. I have no interest in viewing pictures of her in the sweater you knitted her. The way to engage my interest is not to raise the volume level of the stories in question. In short, kindly shut the fuck up about your freaking dog.

I would like to go back to a time when I had to fill out one form for my taxes.

Well, two. One state, one federal.

Back to a time when I had one employer, and I was not married, and my partner and I were not freelancers, and did not need a tax professional because of this and other things.

I have an opportunity to do more freelancing, but it would be straight-up freelancing, like paying-taxes-quarterly freelancing. And I'm dragging my feet on it because I am afraid of the IRS.

Blerg.

Is it insane to have panic attacks about things that won't happen for atleast eighteen months?

Let me explain, moving out in the summer, have some money saved for fees, rent and shit, and I just realised that the money I have will not last me the full time and in the summmer of 2010, I could run into financial problems, with no income at the moment, and with student support stopping in May of that year, and not coming back into affect until September. So, basically, I would have to live on savings in the meantime.

So, thinking too far ahead causes panic attacks too, who knew.

Also, worrying about not having all my projects due in time for the dates, like early May and just making sure I finish and pass all my classes by early June, and worrying I don't have enough time.

So, fuck panic attacks that make me worry into the future.

Dear Moron Who Designed Our Shiny New Campus Center ,

I really, really think you need to take a look at your designs. Our entryways and bathrooms should not be breaking down/being closed every two weeks because something carrying some hazardous liquid (like antifreeze) broke down again.

No Love,

Me

No.

A.) I'm still about 70% sure it's in my house. B.) The battery is damn near dead, so it'll be useless unless the person who finds it and steals it has the exact same charger. C.) It's like ten below. If someone finds it, it will have been outside for hours, and it will be fucked. D.) I'm in Bumfuck, Wisconsin, population 1000, not Chicago. No one is going to steal my phone.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm at the point this evening that I absolutely want NOTHING to do with my computer anymore! I feel like taking a sledgehammer to the Tower and selling the monitor. Goddamn this thing sucks. It'll restart automatically without me pressing anything telling it to do that. I've lived without the internet before, I can do it again.

eBay. I have some concert tickets I want to get rid of for next week. Most others are ending in the next 24-36 hours, so I figure ok, I'll do a 1day listing and see what happens. 6hrs later and my listing still isn't showing up in search results. I contact help and they tell me it can take up to 24hrs for the listing to be indexed. I say, but it's a 1day listing, isn't going to be much good for me is it. They say, it is showing, you can search by the id number.... I say, yeah but that's no good for potential buyers. They offer a refund, I say I'll check back in a few hours and then decide from there...

Why offer a 1day listing, if you aren't going to provide at least about 20hrs worth of listing. Just seems silly to me. Yes I know most action doesn't happen until the last hours, but still, you want as many people to find it, watch it, etc before the action, just seems stupid. Shouldn't 1day listings get priority on the indexing schedule?

Guest DCAUFan1051

It'll restart automatically without me pressing anything telling it to do that. I've lived without the internet before, I can do it again.

Sounds like it might be overheating.

thanks... that could be it. I dunno... all I know is that the cost of repairing this fucker would be just the same as getting a new one.

eBay. I have some concert tickets I want to get rid of for next week. Most others are ending in the next 24-36 hours, so I figure ok, I'll do a 1day listing and see what happens. 6hrs later and my listing still isn't showing up in search results. I contact help and they tell me it can take up to 24hrs for the listing to be indexed. I say, but it's a 1day listing, isn't going to be much good for me is it. They say, it is showing, you can search by the id number.... I say, yeah but that's no good for potential buyers. They offer a refund, I say I'll check back in a few hours and then decide from there...

Why offer a 1day listing, if you aren't going to provide at least about 20hrs worth of listing. Just seems silly to me. Yes I know most action doesn't happen until the last hours, but still, you want as many people to find it, watch it, etc before the action, just seems stupid. Shouldn't 1day listings get priority on the indexing schedule?

I've had luck selling tickets here: http://www.stubhub.com/