Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watching Battleship. If I didn't know otherwise I'd swear this was the Funny or Die movie. SO STUPID. Possibly the stupidest movie I've ever seen, just moronic to it's core, riddled with the worst cliches and idiocy of Bay and Emmerich. It's also played seriously enough to be immensely funny. I can't believe they had the guts to play it this straight.

Liam Neeson probably got a good cheque for a guy who only spent a single day on set.

Seriously guys, if you feel like laughing at a Transformers movie but don't want to spend 3 hours on it, watch this. Just don't pay for it.

The Disney Channel is planning a follow-up series to the hit 1990's television show "Boy Meets World." TV Line is reporting that the adventures of Cory and Topanga will continue in "Girl Meets World," a new show that follows the characters' preteen daughter.

Created by Michael Jacobs and April Kelly, "Boy Meets World" aired from 1993 to 2000 and starred Ben Savage as Cory Matthews. Beginning with his life as a sixth grader, the series followed Cory through high school, to college and eventually into marriage with longtime love interest, Topanga Lawrence (Danielle Fishel).

Details on "Girl Meets World" are still very few, but the site notes that the network wants to have Savage and Fischel reprise their roles.

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=96661

There is only one question I have. Will creepy stalker teacher Mr. Feeny be her teacher now?

Yep, he is.

The red band trailer for Pain and Gain looks good. Mark Wahlberg is a beast. The Rock just isn't human.

http://www.comingsoo...s.php?id=101976

That looks all kinds of awful. From that trailer, I feel like I've seen the entire movie.

Your crazy. How can you not like Marky Mark yelling at a child about how he can fuck his mom and be his new dad?

The red band trailer for Pain and Gain looks good. Mark Wahlberg is a beast. The Rock just isn't human.

http://www.comingsoo...s.php?id=101976

That looks all kinds of awful. From that trailer, I feel like I've seen the entire movie.

Your crazy. How can you not like Marky Mark yelling at a child about how he can fuck his mom and be his new dad?

1) That sentence sounds sociopathic when read without the context of the trailer, so consider that.

2) I disagree with Mike that it looks awful, although the trailer did possibly reveal a bit too much. I have my doubts as it's a Michael Bay film, but the trailer looked humourous enough, so it could be good.

Watching the Rifftrax of Batman and Robin.

For all of the terrible things in this movie, I have to admit that there's something appealing about the wildly impractical architecture.

An observatory on top of a crooked statue would never work, but I'd love to see someone try.

For all of the terrible things in this movie, I have to admit that there's something appealing about the wildly impractical architecture.

Ditto. I've always had that same thought.

It's really fascinating to watch Schumacher's Phantom of the Opera, as it illuminates the fact that Batman & Robin is really a musical with no music. All the fights are stage-style dance numbers, the costumes are over-the-top and gaudy as would be required by stage costumes (see Batman Live), and the overall plot is like someone trying to imitate Shakespeare (what with the overt dramatic ironies and the twisted love triangle (square?) with Bruce/Ivy/Dick/Barbara).

Ever since the first episode of SNL I've been calling the new Matthew Perry series Goon. Interesting to see a little friends reunion as Courtney Cox was on this week.

...she's reached that point in facelifts where if 20 years ago you were told this is what she'd look like you'd say "of course" but without the hint you'd be lost. And that's not some hollywood point or anything, the rest of the cast just look the same but older.