Everything Marvel

JackFetch

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't like the concept of Spider-Man as a "kid" character, because he's never been that. Not until Ultimate Spider-Man anyway. He's always been the young man in comparison to the others. I do get that having him in high school keeps the actor from aging too quickly.

I guess conversely, my favorite version of Spidey is the Ultimate comics/Spectacular TV version. I kinda like the idea of taking so many of the things that were done with Peter in the comics in his college years and aging them backward to high school. Maybe because a lot of Peter's growth works in the context of the kind of growing up that goes on in high school.

Oh, I know, but it amazes me that they took a classic cover and airbrushed out 70% of the characters from it. Seems pointless when they could have just put together a new image or composited the characters from other sources just as easily.

At this point, it's going to take Inhumans bombing completely at the Box Office for Marvel to even consider it if Fox were to even try to pull a Spider-Man for X-Men or FF.

Fox has consistently made money with X-Men so Fox has no incentive of doing that the way Sony did with Spider-Man slowly dying the way it was.

Fantastic Four on the other hand is a different story. I'd say it's closer to Spider-Man, but Sony at least had success with Spider-Man before it fell off a cliff.