Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

It's been raining pretty much nonstop for a week here, and last night as it was coming down sideways, the wipers suddenly stop working. Obviously this is something that needs to be seen to right away, so I drop my car off at the garage first thing this morning. I figure I'll take an Uber to work, it's not too bad, and I'll be to work almost on time. Uber won't accept either of my payment options on file. I check to make sure they both have funds, and they do, but whatever. Fine, I'll transfer some money to Paypal. Nope. Gotta go to a store to get a card to do it. First store? Out of cards. Go to the second store, get a card, put some money on it, go to add the funds to Paypal. Nope. Can't do it from my phone. Security, you know. Have to be on a PC. Fine. At this point, I HAVE to Uber to work because the commuter shuttle has stopped running from the subway. So I have to head home to get to my laptop, and I go to the bus stop. The bus app tells me the bus to my house will be there in 10 minutes. Nope. That bus disappears and I'm waiting for nearly an hour in the rain. Get home, add the funds, order an Uber, says he'll be there in six minutes. Instead he's there in two, which is awesome, except he cusses me out for making him wait. Get to work, well over an hour late, and it turns out the meeting with the new company that I thought was tomorrow was an hour ago.

I am Jack's incoherent ball of earth-shattering rage.

• 2 weeks later...

Summary of the last 24ish hours:

-Go on two interviews: one with another staffing agency, and another with a startup whose owner has no clue what he wants in an EA, or what he's thinking for salary even

-Get home, spend a few quiet hours with Jim

-Mom calls around 6:30. I spend the next hour and a half finding out the following: that my father has suddenly moved to Green Lake to move in with his newest girlfriend; that my father attempted to use my autistic sister to get into subsidized housing so that he could retain an address within the school district that he was just elected to; that he didn't tell my sisters about the fact that he was moving, at all; that my austistic sister's work schedule has now been screwed with because of this, and just as mom has started a new job; that my father may have given a bunch of my sisters' possessions to goodwill without telling them; that my father may also be in hock to one of his exes for 10,000 that she idiotically just gave him; that he hasn't been paying the cell bill so my sisters have been without cell service; that she found out about all of this by the ex calling her asking where he was; that he went down to Mexico the other week with the girlfriend because he'd booked a greatly reduced price trip the last time he was there with my little sister. And also generally about her new boyfriend (who I haven't met yet but does sound generally amazing). But how also we need to forgive our dad for all of this and try to have a relationship with him because he still loves us, and lots of other guilt trips about visiting her and staying in contact with my sisters.

-Proceed to consume two beers and a bit of orange vodka while Jim and I listen to all of this, and spend the next few hours after curled up and reading comics/cuddling while Jim makes sure that I eat and drink water and generally is an amazing human while I break down

-During all this I text with my little sister. The last I hear from her is 8:50 last night.

-Sleep finally

-Go and deal with the tire fire that is work and my boss blaming me for having to stay till 9 at night (when no, she was the one who worked from home yesterday, that's on her) (and also she's going to be working from home today but oh fucking well we get to do this dance tomorrow)

-Find out that my sister has in fact been reported missing; later find out shortly after sharing a post that she has been found, she's with my parents, and has been requested to be placed into the local mental inpatient facility

-Confirm a three hour interview block for tomorrow, submit associated paperwork, call a phone interview and end up rescheduling to this evening bc he doesn't answer either time I attempt to call over lunch

-Also confirm that I do not in fact owe what Wisconsin thinks I owe it, and figure out how to submit an appeal and an amended return so that I get all the money I am owed back

Can I not be a human for a while now? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, guy on the phone. Making a joke about what a colossal asshole you're being right now doesn't actually mitigate what a thundercunt you are. Copping to being aware of it and doing it anyway makes it much, much worse.

Fuck you.

• 2 months later...

Ugh. Take care of yourself. I swear I've heard of more cases of pneumonia this year than any other.

On the other hand, my town (lovingly referred to by others as the Heart of Vancouver Island) is the province's hotspot for fleas this year, in an unprecedented amount of cases. Kirby has been flea-ridden for almost a month now. Brutal little fuckers are damn near impossible to kill.

I don't know if it's available in Canada, but Trifexis is the best anti-flea/anti-heartworm medicine I've ever bought. My two dogs have been taking it for years and I haven't seen a single flea on them since. And trust me, there's no shortage of them in this humid hellhole.

Edited by James D.

I don't know if it's available in Canada, but Trifexis is the best anti-flea/anti-heartworm medicine I've ever bought. My two dogs have been taking it for years and I haven't seen a single flea on them since. And trust me, there's no shortage of them in this humid hellhole.

I'll look into it. He's getting his 3 month check-up today anyway.

Hey, I'm in month 3 of whooping cough. 

#gottacatchemall 

Side effects include passing out whilst I was out on my birthday and falling down a bunch of steps messing up my shoulder and knee (as previously mentioned, only just diagnosed), and now what looks like a possible broken rib from coughing. 

Edited by Stavros

• 2 months later...

My grand-uncle has been diagnosed with prostate cancer, while scanning his body an aneurysm was found on his aorta. His wife is an ovarian cancer survivor, so having that enemy come back has to be traumatic. It makes me especially sad because we both loved Superman. About 12 years ago he adopted two children (a boy and girl) have who have grown up into a sweet young man and woman. The young woman has been reaching out to us and I thought it was okay to talk with her. She got really friendly on the chat and I had to make a  "gotta go bye" excuse. I knew that years ago she had a crush on me but it appeared to flare up again. 

TL;DR - The person I want to hug the most, is going to see it as a romantic advance, so I can't. 

• 2 months later...

On New Year's Eve I started to have non-disclosed medical issues.  Progressively got worse thru the subsequent week, so on the 6th of January I go seek medical help.  As usual, since I do not have insurance, I visit the local Urgent Care.  They are baffled, but decided to send a sample out for testing and give be the 'these might work' pills.  They say they will call in 3-5 days with the results.  Being a Friday, I expected to hear something by Wednesday.  Nope.  Not a word.  And while this annoyed, the pills worked and I was mostly back to normal.  So I let it go.  Until I got the bill.

The bill for the tests was blank.  Not totally blank.  It was their standard form, but they only thing they filled out was my name and amount owed.  Not details, no breakdown.  It  was basically a note that said "Chris, you owe use money.  Pay now.".  When I go question this, they inform me that the bill is not theirs, but the lab directly.  When I bring up the 'I never got a call' thing they tell me that if the tests results are good news then you don't get a phone call.  They click-clacked the computer and said I was fine.  Now, I understand that bad news is more urgent and all.  But good news is still important, because you know, I SHOULD KNOW WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON. Ahem.  That settled, I call the lab to get a detailed bill and go about my day annoyed.

And then there is today.  Today in the mail I get another blank bill for them lab with a strongly worded message of "Pay Now Motherfucker".  I paraphrase.  Not details so, yeah, not paying that until I get some.  Annoyed, but it is just that, an annoyance.  But I get another letter.  This one from Urgent Care themselves.  This letter, hand written on a nice letterhead, is dated Jan 19th.  Thirteen days after my first visit.  This letter states that the lab lost my sample and if I was still having issues, please visit as soon as possible. 

Again, this $300ish bill is for tests that never happened. Never Happened.  NEVER FUCKING HAPPENED.  Then how the fuck did you tell me the tests were fine?  Why did it take you two weeks to inform me by mail (instead of by phone, because I only had to give you my number on three different forms)?  And, WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE A BILL?