Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darkseid is... actual darkness? Eh?

...I guess since he's a god and all, that can make a modicum of sense. Especially with the way Morrison likes to play with Darkseid's forms.

The yell was pretty lame. But...I'm going to go against my better judgement and wait and see what they do.

I'm thinking the guy torturing Green Arrow was Desaad.

I'm thinking the guy torturing Green Arrow was Desaad.

I thought the same thing, first time he walked on-screen. Then again, he could be one of Darkseid's intergang followers on Earth?

Okay, just did a google-search and the guy was definitely not Desaad. Desaad's already been cast, and it's not that guy.

Overall, this was kind of a "eh" episode for me. I wasn't fond of a lot of the stuff in it, but a few things were cool.

One thing I find simultaneously good and bad is what they're doing with Clark this season. He's apparently prideful and dark? What? Now, that makes sense considering what he's done in the last season (destroying a SKYSCRAPER and all), but it's also not what Superman would do. So then, there's the choice: do they go the route of acknowledging the mistakes Clark made in the last season, or just ignore continuity in order to present a fully comics-accurate version of Clark? Seems like they went with the former. I'll have to wait and see.

If not for the Jonathan Kent bit at the end, putting it all into a very real and hopeful light (as a story about young Clark Kent damn well should be), I'd be worried. But that last little bit is enough of a hope-glimmer to keep me watching.

And, hey, live-action Darkseid. Even if it's garbage, I gotta see this.

Ah, then yeah, Intergang would be my guess.

I'm going to invoke Michael David Sims here. The Clark situation? Convenient for the plot.

And, hey, live-action Darkseid. Even if it's garbage, I gotta see this.

I can't take credit for this observation, but Smallville Darkseid is the smoke monster from Lost.

Many questions. How did Chloe arrange the deal to do the trade off and why would the kidnappers want her in place of Oliver? Why not just take both? Next the beginning of the ep, it wasn't Jor-El's choice to bring Clark back? Ok who's was it? Lois? and finally the end, Clark just randomly sees Pa Kent? Was it a dream? or is Clark losing his mind?

That said the good was Erica Durance in tight jeans and a white tank top. Mega win.

f the ep, it wasn't Jor-El's choice to bring Clark back? Ok who's was it? Lois?

Might've just been the DCU's God. That's what I'm going with until a different explanation comes along.

Clark just randomly sees Pa Kent? Was it a dream? or is Clark losing his mind?

I think we can safely assume that it really was the spirit of Pa Kent, returned briefly to give Clark a message. Dream or reality doesn't really matter, I think. But I believe I've read a few articles here and there that he might be coming back later in the season, so there might actually be a real explanation.

Here's a thought: maybe Clark being revived and Pa Kent briefly returning are linked? Maybe when Clark "died," the Almighty just went "Uh-uh. That's not happening. Back to life with you, kid; I need you to go fight Darkseid. Jonathan, go get him out of his emo depression so he can fight Darkseid."