Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only that, but he turns into crows. They're probably smoke crows, but still. That isn't the worst of it though.

They have him possessing people, but instead of him sitting back as the boss and having his minions do the dirty work, he does the dirty work himself. He possesses Glorious Godfrey instead of Godfrey being one of his servants.

Things start to look up when he goes to Club Desaad, which is an S&M club. Desaad? Owning an S&M club? Smallville got something right. But instead of Darkseid being there to observe humanity's deviances and perhaps exploit them, he's actually there to be dominated. Ah, no. If Darkseid is going to indulge in something sexual, he's going to be the one doing the dominating. Desaad on the other hand would, but Smallville clearly didn't think of that.

When Clark asks Kara why Darkseid is so powerful (I missed how Kara knows all about Darkseid if they said it at all), Kara responds that it's because he can see your fears and doubts. That's nice, but there's also the tiny matter of the fact he's a GOD. She also says that Darkseid cannot possess a human who is pure of spirit, which completely contradicts Darkseid's resurrection in Final Crisis.

Then you have the Smallville-isms that you would expect from the show. The eyes of the person he possesses turn black (an effect hijacked from fellow CW TV show Supernatural), the voice of Darkseid is digitally altered to sound deeper, there's a pun on the name, and instead of being called Darkseid, he's referred to as "The Darkness" or "The Dark Spirit."

Even though the comics provided a means for Smallville to use him and the rest of the New Gods on their budget, I knew they'd turn a blind eye to that and do Darkseid their own way. I knew they would butcher the character, but they continue to surprise me with just how badly they can fail at bringing a character from comics to television.

I don't think that the cloud is Darkseid himself; I think it's just connected to him somehow. Like a manifestation of his will that infects people.

If you think about it, the cloud just made Godfrey act like a more evil version of himself; it wasn't as though he was actually being the ruler of Apokolips.

That being said, the rest of the episode was just lame as hell anyway.

Though I did like Kara's second "not-costume" (the red pants/blue jacket/yellow shirt).

Never seen a single episode, but everything I continue to read and hear about Smallville gives me the distinct impression that it's a show extremely ashamed of the fact it's based off a comic book.

I don't think that the cloud is Darkseid himself; I think it's just connected to him somehow. Like a manifestation of his will that infects people.

If you think about it, the cloud just made Godfrey act like a more evil version of himself; it wasn't as though he was actually being the ruler of Apokolips.

I'd like to think that, but it's Smallville, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that was Darkseid.

Aaaaand the 200th episode of Smallville commenceth.

Let's see how this goes...

EDIT:

So Smallville High's counselor figured out that Clark has powers because she heard all the meteor freak students mention how he stopped them. Smart. But she's crazy, and has a Clark voodoo doll? Weird.

Oh hey. Brainiac is back, and just wiped her mind. Ha.

EDIT2:

Cheesy as they are, I'm digging the flashbacks.

EDIT3:

Oh, now it's Clark's Christmas Carol.