Smallville

Missy

Newcomer Erica Durance has landed the coveted role of Superman's future love Lois Lane on the WB Network series "Smallville," while Currie Graham has been tapped as a regular on the final season of ABC's veteran drama "NYPD Blue." In other series casting news, former "Just Deal" star Brian Skala has been cast as one of the three leads on NBC's midseason comedy "The Men's Room," and Milo Ventimiglia has joined the cast of the NBC drama "American Dreams" as a recurring. On "Smallville," from Warner Bros. TV and Tollin/Robbins Prods., Canadian actress Durance will play Lois as a college freshman with no interest in journalism who comes to Smallville to investigate the death of her cousin Chloe Sullivan (Allison Mack).

Meanwhile, Jensen Ackles has been added to the cast as a regular. He will play the stubbornly independent heir to a rich Metropolis financial firm who becomes romantically involved with Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk).

Ackles, who recently completed filming on his first starring feature, "Devour," co-starred on such series as Fox's "Dark Angel" and "Still Life" and The WB's "Dawson's Creek."

(source)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I had a quick look and couldn't find any discussion on this show, so I'm using this thread. Let me know if it is somewhere else.

Ok overall, this show bugs the hell out of me, but I continue to watch it for 2 reasons and 2 reasons only.

1. Kristin Kreuk is FUCKING HOT!

2. Lex. Michael Rosenbaum is just simply amazing in his portrayl of a young man who will eventually become the most evil person to walk the planet.

I pretty much tune out to any of the 'Clark having troubles with......' story because I can only put up with so many 'he has special powers from the radiation of the meteor shower' type scenario's.

• 1 year later...

I had to search a while to find this thread, but here is some news.

Forget "Justice League." Heck, forget "Crimson." The Smallville episode everyone will be talking about is "Labyrinth" (aka Season 6, Episode 12). Sandwiched between "J.L." and "Crimson," the hourlong twistapalooza will answer the question, "What if Clark's super-abilities were nothing more than a figment of his imagination?" The mind-bending episode will also feature the death of a Smallville heroine (hint: I get more questions about this individual than anyone else on the show), and the long-awaited arrival/return of a DC Comics icon. Hey, you know what I've got a hankering for? An Oreo cookie!

From a tv guide link on comics2film, but something is wrong with their site and I can't get the link from it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watch this show on and off again. Everytime I get back in to it I realise a few little things that make me like it more. Stuff like Clark always wearing red and blue, Lex' development, etc.

Hell even the way they have been introducing other main superman and JLA characters has been done quite well.

• 2 months later...
I watch this show on and off again. Everytime I get back in to it I realise a few little things that make me like it more. Stuff like Clark always wearing red and blue, Lex' development, etc.

Hell even the way they have been introducing other main superman and JLA characters has been done quite well.

lol I watch it on and off again too. It's just a show with some really good ups and a lot of really bad downs. The problem is that the ups are good enough to make me stay during the downward spirals of crapcake plot twists [Read: The Tori Spelling Episode]. (>__<) Lex's character is what mainly keeps me coming back, that and the hopes that either Lana learns Clark's secret or that she becomes a heartless wench and becomes one of Clark's enemies. That would totally rock. Lana as a formidable enemy. I totally dug those episodes where she had those supernatural powers and was kicking Clark's red-n-blue butt, just in case you couldn't tell. =3

Oh, and I'd have to disagree on introducing other JLA character's well. I like the way they breathed new life into the Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman, and even Cyborg (not really JLA but oh well), but I just can't stand the way they intro'd the Martian Manhunter, if that's what he is. (T___T)

Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor) has confirmed that next season will his last, and most likely the show’s last season as well.

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/04/15/mic...wnet-exclusive/

Yeah, I heard about that on one of the podcasts I listen to; DVD Verdict? May have been, may have not, but one thing is for sure; I will have one more huge incentive to stop watching Smallville until Clark grows a pair.

• 2 months later...

Here she is in costume as Supergirl according to SHH

supergirlyw4.jpg

It's official, I will start watching Smallville again next season.

The CW has provided Superhero Hype! with this photo of Canadian actress Laura Vandervoort in character as Supergirl for "Smallville." Supergirl will be introduced to viewers as Kara, Clark's cousin, who was born on Krypton and has all of Clark's powers plus the ability to fly.

Hasen't Clark already flown on the show? I know in the first few seasons he was sleep hovering and sleep flying. What are they inching along with this power since they've pretty much given him all his others by now.

As I recall he only flew when he wasn't himself, and doesn't remember doing it. They don't want to give him the power of flight, and probably won't until the end of the series.

'No tights, no flight' Is what the producers have been saying for a long time now concerning Clark, id like the series to finish with him running down an alley and ripping his shirt to reveal the S then taking off, thats the only time I would like him to fly

• 2 weeks later...
Dean Cain, who played Clark Kent from 1993 to 1997 on four seasons of “Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman,” will play the murderous Dr. Curtis Knox (who may or may not be Vandal Savage) on “Smallville.”

He’ll appear in the coming season’s fourth episode.

Cain follows in the footsteps of Christopher Reeve, who played another doctor, Virgil Swan, in “Smallville’s second and third seasons.

The CW launches “Smallville’s” seventh season Sept. 27.

Dean Cain, who played Clark Kent from 1993 to 1997 on four seasons of “Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman,” will play the murderous Dr. Curtis Knox (who may or may not be Vandal Savage) on “Smallville.”

He’ll appear in the coming season’s fourth episode.

Cain follows in the footsteps of Christopher Reeve, who played another doctor, Virgil Swan, in “Smallville’s second and third seasons.

The CW launches “Smallville’s” seventh season Sept. 27.

That's awesome. I hope he ends up being more then a one and done character.

Sadly I think the Cain apperance is the only compramise the producers could make with him to appear in the series, they wanted a longer character but he didnt want to be in it at all supposidly

Also, from aicn:

Helen Slater, who played the Girl of Steel in an atrocious 1984 movie that wasted the great Peter Cook, will play Supergirl’s “aunt” in the sixth episode of “Smallville’s” seventh season.

“Smallville” has a long history of repurposing actors who have played DC Comics characters on the big screen, among them Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder, Annette O’Toole and John Glover.