Smallville

Missy

You are not even CLOSE to being the only one that can see this. The single major failing about this show is that the producers and writers seem to be absolutely obsessed with Kristin Kreuk and can't sleep at night unless they're thinking of ways to make the audience love her just as much as they do. However, Kristin Kreuk can't act, whines as a performing style, and projects blandness from every pore. So the more the writers kept shoving her down our collective throat, the more we came to resent it. And the more we resented it, the harder they shoved.

When they did that fake psych-out of killing Lana, I literally cheered. When it was a fake, I got pissed. When they killed Bo Duke instead, I stopped watching.

Thank freaking god someone else sees her for what she is....A-freaking-NNOYING!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate Kirsten Kruek, but I do hate the attempts to turn her into Joey from Dawson's Creek. Smallville is a show that needed a strong male compatriot for Clark and never got one. Too many of these sorts of shows wind up with one guy and a dozen girls running around because its supposedly better to have the varied love interests. What they needed was a Pacey Whitter, some charismatic playboy to put Clark into the shadow a bit so when he does start to come into his own we really notice. As it was its just Clark and an ever increasing gaggle of tarts, only one of which (Chloe) was ever worth a damn.

Well season three had that episode where Pete joined a racing gang, look my avatar in the eyes and say that wasn't the worst episode ever.

I counter "Velocity" with Season 4's "Spirit".

What was spirit again?

Also nothing was ever worse than velocity!

The only reason that was an episode of Smallville was because they used Kryptonite in the cars.

You take the kryptonite out and you've got the fast and the furious.

Boring racing crap that nobody liked and would rather forget ever happened.

Spirit had a stereotypical blonde, bitchy prom queen shoo-in who crashes her car and gets the Kryptonite power to inhabit people's bodies. What follows is the tired "So and so's acting really strange" plot thread and Anetter O'Toole lip-synching and dancing like a teenager to an Ashlee Simpson song. The only positive is the possessed Clark's line to Chloe, "The crown's mine bitch.".

Spirit had a stereotypical blonde, bitchy prom queen shoo-in who crashes her car and gets the Kryptonite power to inhabit people's bodies. What follows is the tired "So and so's acting really strange" plot thread and Anetter O'Toole lip-synching and dancing like a teenager to an Ashlee Simpson song. The only positive is the possessed Clark's line to Chloe, "The crown's mine bitch.".

HA!

So that episode did have at least one positive!

Velocity did not even have that!

But I'll agree except for the possessed Clark parts, that was a shit episode.

HA!

Ah, but you forget that "Velocity" also had one positive: Pete Ross, Clark's best friend and a character I miss. True, his storyline had a logical resolution and showed Clark what could potentially happen to those who he told his secret, but I liked the Scooby gang of him, Clark, and Chloe. "Velocity" was also an episode where we saw a bit of jealousy towards Clark shine through, as Pete had found one thing where he was treated like #1 instead of #2.

HA!

Ah, but you forget that "Velocity" also had one positive: Pete Ross, Clark's best friend and a character I miss. True, his storyline had a logical resolution and showed Clark what could potentially happen to those who he told his secret, but I liked the Scooby gang of him, Clark, and Chloe. "Velocity" was also an episode where we saw a bit of jealousy towards Clark shine through, as Pete had found one thing where he was treated like #1 instead of #2.

But Spirit had Clark saying "The crowns mine bitch" now that was one of the greatest lines that show ever wrote.

Can we at least agree the show sucks at cliffhangers and paying them off in the next season?

Their is one or two that made me want to see the next season, but overall if I hadn't bought the set already, I wouldn't have cared.

Guest DCAUFan1051

YES I agree there are certain parts of Smallville that were weak as hell

BUT overall I love the show for how unique it is and the SFX are cool. I'll always be a Smallville Fan just like I'll always be a Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman fan.

Interesting NOTE:

I saw a S:TAS secial feature interview on youtube with Bruce Timm and Co and they were talking about the comparibles of S: TAS and L&C on TNT in the cartoon they WERE going to marry off Lois and Clark to each other. But TNT and the L&C producers came to them and said don't because we are doing that on our show. So they never did it in the DCAU.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Im looking forward to this season, not because I imagine its going to be brilliant, but because without having Lex, Lionel and afew others around full time it allows others and newcomers to get some fresh stories out there

amen and hop[efully they'll bring kara back at some point :devil:

HA!

But Spirit had Clark saying "The crowns mine bitch" now that was one of the greatest lines that show ever wrote.

Can we at least agree the show sucks at cliffhangers and paying them off in the next season?

Their is one or two that made me want to see the next season, but overall if I hadn't bought the set already, I wouldn't have cared.

I usually dig Smallville's season finales (except for 4 and 7), but yeah, often times the premiere is a bit down from the finale that preceeded it.

And Kara can just stay gone as far as I'm concerned. I didn't think she brought much to the show other than being eye candy.

HA!

I usually dig Smallville's season finales (except for 4 and 7), but yeah, often times the premiere is a bit down from the finale that preceeded it.

And Kara can just stay gone as far as I'm concerned. I didn't think she brought much to the show other than being eye candy.

I do enjoy Smallville, that has to be said.

But the only finales I liked were 2 and 5.

Two's was paid off nicely I will have to say.

what's wrong with you the season 4 ender was awesome it was such a cliffhanger

season 7's was the BEST yet!!!! :D

Was it 3 or 4 that had the whole episode was just building to the cliffhanger that was never mentioned before hand?

That is a sign of shitty writing if you have to establish your whole season story arc into a 40 minute show.

4 wasn't as much of a cliffhanger as it was a...well we fucked up so here we won't make any stupid shit happen we'll just let you get over this crap right now instead of being disappointed next year.

I didn't watch 7 yet as I'm waiting for the DVD as I always missed one or two episodes.

Also I never got into the show really, until season 6 which I really enjoyed as it was like a superhero show, and not just Clark has feelings for Lana and no chemistry and it won't work as no one gives a shit about them.

Back to season 6 I'm watching that right now, and I noticed the Green Arrow-Lois dynamic is already more interesting 7 episodes, in than the Clark and Lana one ever was!

That is my other major problem with the show, which I have said before, their is no fucking chemistry between Clark and Lana!

It always pisses me off when they ram them to down your throats with "Will they, won't they?" which everyone else is asking "Will they, won't they realise that no one cares!"

Rant over. I really do hate that though.

Guest DCAUFan1051

suave the season 4 ender was when clark got transported to the north pole for the very first time before he found the fortress the way they ended it he awoke in the snow stood up the camera did a 360 pan around him then just ended it was such a great ending I dunno.

When I get ALL the season sets and do a Smallville weekend I'll comment more on the show's flaws but I love it anyways

suave the season 4 ender was when clark got transported to the north pole for the very first time before he found the fortress the way they ended it he awoke in the snow stood up the camera did a 360 pan around him then just ended it was such a great ending I dunno.

When I get ALL the season sets and do a Smallville weekend I'll comment more on the show's flaws but I love it anyways

But everyone knew what that place was. My reaction was this: "A two season fucking story arc and this is what it is! A fucking house! People are dead so he can get a fucking house, in the fucking north pole! Are you kidding me!" My reaction involved a lot more swearing.

Guest DCAUFan1051

lol suave I can understand that but still the whole point behind Smallville is "young" clark kent what would he do how would he react to anything and everything around him. I was shocked at the ending of season 4 and did about three double takes because we hadn't see the Fortress yet, heck I thought that they'd have waited another year to bring it in but still I love the show even if parts of it are bad. I've been a faithful viewer since 2001.

lol suave I can understand that but still the whole point behind Smallville is "young" clark kent what would he do how would he react to anything and everything around him. I was shocked at the ending of season 4 and did about three double takes because we hadn't see the Fortress yet, heck I thought that they'd have waited another year to bring it in but still I love the show even if parts of it are bad. I've been a faithful viewer since 2001.

Well I bought season 1-6 sets and now have to love the show.

That said so far season 6 is my favourite, as it is the series where the show does have some super heroic parts in it, such as Green Arrow.

What's everyone else's favourite seasons? Also why does everyone love Pete? I'm just not a big fan of the character.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I never liked pete he was there for what one or two seasons then left and came back

in my opinion replace pete with krypto the super dog lol hell gonzo would be a better best friend in smallville then pete and look at the popularity Gonzo the Great gets :laugh:

the muppets rule!!!!!!!!!

I never liked pete he was there for what one or two seasons then left and came back

in my opinion replace pete with krypto the super dog lol hell gonzo would be a better best friend in smallville then pete and look at the popularity Gonzo the Great gets :laugh:

the muppets rule!!!!!!!!!

They did have Krypto, they just called the dog Shelby to piss on the graves of any Superman fans who are still alive.

I did like how after about a season, Pete found out the secret as that was nice him having someone to talk to about it.

I didn't like how long they kept Chloe in the dark. I came in to the show during the 6th season on TV, and she knew and was OK with it, but that's a gripe that could not be fixed.