Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not reading anything above this because of spoilers. I just started watching again. I'm in season 6 where Lana and Lex just got married and I need to say something. Most of this show makes no sense.

Smallville is in Kansas and Metropolis is on the east coast. How does Chloe go to work every day and still live in Smallville? Not to mention Lex flew to Metropolis on his wedding day and got back in time for his afternoon wedding?

I think Lana is the dumbest person on the show. She constantly refuses to call 911 when people around her are either dying or trying to kidnap her. Her stalker was sending her pictures and calling her on her cell phone, and yet she never used that phone to call for help. When the guard was murdered outside her door, instead of calling 911 she grabbed his gun and went looking for the guy trying to kill her. When she found out who it was she hit him over the head, ran, and never tried to use her cell phone. She did try to use a house phone but it was pulled out of the wall so we know she understands what 911 is.

Guest DCAUFan1051

:laugh: Jack I saw your twitter posting about this and yes your right they made Lana a ditz all she needs is some blonde bottled stupid juice :D

As I've stated plenty of times in the thread I love the cliffhanger season ending episodes and I like seeing a different telling of the clark/superman story.....yes I know they've fucked up the superman mythos but still there's nothing else better on Thursdays at 8PM.

Sorry, but if this show does one thing wrong it is the shitty cliffhangers and the horrible pay offs.

They don't know how to do a cliffhanger and they sure as hell don't know how to pay it off!

I'd definitely agree with the payoffs, and mostly agree with the cliffhangers. But the season finale where Lex became Zod and trapped Clark in the Phantom Zone was a masterpiece.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some news that many may find good and/or bad news.

First Michael Rosenbaum is in talks to return to Smallville for one or two episodes this Season, the stipulation is....

He wants to wear a bald cap(it looks like WB will have to compromise, just like Donner did with Hackman)

Here's the rest of that story:

http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/gay/les...E.php?AID=20197

Also Tom Welling is currently closing a deal to return for a 9th Season, yes, yes.

Here's the questions and answer given:

Question: Any news as to whether Tom Welling has signed on for another season of Smallville?

Scarlett Ausiello: Yes, there's news, and it's good. Some would even call it, ahem, super. According to a well-placed Smallville insider, Welling is nearing a deal to return for a ninth season. I'm told they're just ironing out some minor deal points, such as should the Brinks Truck pull into the actor's driveway, or just unload on the street.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Here's some news that many may find good and/or bad news.

First Michael Rosenbaum is in talks to return to Smallville for one or two episodes this Season, the stipulation is....

He wants to wear a bald cap(it looks like WB will have to compromise, just like Donner did with Hackman)

Here's the rest of that story:

http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/gay/les...E.php?AID=20197

Also Tom Welling is currently closing a deal to return for a 9th Season, yes, yes.

Here's the questions and answer given:

Question: Any news as to whether Tom Welling has signed on for another season of Smallville?

Scarlett Ausiello: Yes, there's news, and it's good. Some would even call it, ahem, super. According to a well-placed Smallville insider, Welling is nearing a deal to return for a ninth season. I'm told they're just ironing out some minor deal points, such as should the Brinks Truck pull into the actor's driveway, or just unload on the street.

Rosenbaum coming back for 1 or 2 eps was already news the baldcap thing is new though that's fucked up. If they wanna bald white guy as lex just use the lead singer of Remy Zero the band that does the theme song for Smallville :D For a long time when I first watched the show I thought that Rosenbaum and the lead singer of Remy Zero were one in the same but they're not.

Normally I would be disgusted but since Smallville has entertained me this season and somehow has had increasing ratings this I will........... "welcome" a 9th season. It has to be the highest rated show on the awful CW network.

I like Smallville, but besides maybe three decent shows on that channel it really has just screwed the station up. WPIX and the WB had so much more in terms of quality shows its not funny.

Guest DCAUFan1051

way cool episode as I said in the previous post it'a about damn time Smallville came back from holiday break!!!!

the Doomsday effects were kinda cool

still no James Marsters as far as being Brainiac and now that The Legion took the Brainiacs Ball into the future to make Brainiac 5. Outside of playing Spike on Buffy & Angel I think Brainiac was his best role. At least from what I've seen of him.

I'm thinking in the "Legion" episode, they gave us a hint at what will happen to Chloe. They say that they never heard of her, that she may have changed her name or died(which would cause Clark to finally take flight). I wonder if this is a hint to her fate.

Since she isn't int the comic book history she is the most expendable(not that I want her to die) or there was a rumor a while back that she is the Lois Lane; Clark marries in the future.

Im hoping too much that Clark being given the ring means we could see an episode of Smallville set in their future, possibly leading to Chloe going there and staying there as that would be why they hadnt heard of her yet as if she goes she could take herself out of the past maybe

Im hoping too much that Clark being given the ring means we could see an episode of Smallville set in their future, possibly leading to Chloe going there and staying there as that would be why they hadnt heard of her yet as if she goes she could take herself out of the past maybe

She can fall in love with Brainiac 5 like Supergirl does. Or maybe she goes into the future and just decides to stay and that's why she isn't in the history books.

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK question:

Was Pete also a made up character for the show? or is there any reference to maybe young clark/superboy having friends in the comics that know the secret?

I'm liking the 8th season so far wish that Supergirl was still on the show though. I think the only seasons I haven't watch all the way through are 2 and 3 I've watch probably half of those episodes and I specifically remember turning the TV off 5 minutes into the season 2 finale I just wasn't in the mood for it.

Pete Ross was a long-time Superboy supporting character. He got married to Lana.

EDITED, because posting is harder than it looks, apparently.

He was also Lex Luthor's Vice President and became President when Luthor was taken down. That lasted like a week before Checkmate engineered his impeachment. So Suave gets the cookie.