Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, just got done watching the Season Finale and while its watchable, it is definitely one of the worse Season finale's EVER!!!

First off, they screwed up one of the biggest comic book fights ever(Superman: Doomsday had a better fight), the fight ends just as quickly as it begins.

Second, characters appear, just to appear, they don't have any real purpose in the episode(like that Legionairre)

Third the Lois/Tess fight was also too quick and seems to have been forgotten until the end.

Fourth they killed off Jimmy, why? How will he get bought back, is his little brother supposed to take his name and be Jimmy in the future?

Fifth, what's up with Clark in this episode, he appears to be a background character in an episode where he should have been front and center.

Sixth The Justice League is used way too little, I mean why the hell are they there, what to tie Davis up and shoot Clark, ughh

Seventh, the episode just seemed rushed, while it had elements and surprises that appear in a Season or Series finale it felt like one of those okay filler episodes.

Now, on to what I liked about the episode;

First, we get Lois disappearing....lol Seriously though, it does make me curious as to where in time she went.

Second, the final image of Zod before the credits appear.

Third, the Watchtower is kind of cool and actually reminds me of the clocktower in Birds of Prey.

So judging from how many plusses I just put out and minuses, I'd say 3 out of 10

Jimmys name was Henry James Olsen.

So, the little brother could be the Jimmy that we know from te comics seeing as he is noticeably younger than everyone else.

That is actually what wikipedia is saying is most likely the case. His comic book name is James Bartholomew Olsen, not Henry James Olsen

Watching the finale to me felt like they had been building all season to a two hour finale and were told a day before they only had an hour and had to cut stuff.

I agree it was shitty to build to the fight all season then end it like that, although Doomsday was only contained under ground wasnt he? I mean Zod could break him out next year, or leave him there for a later film, its not as if that was the fight that killed him was it?

And while its interesting that Lois put the legions ring on and where has she gone, but the legion could have found her in the future and brought her back to exactly that time in the present couldnt they, so theres no need for her to be missing for any amount of time at all. Unless her being away inspires Clark even more and she has to stay away till a certain moment before the Legion bring her back

Watching the finale to me felt like they had been building all season to a two hour finale and were told a day before they only had an hour and had to cut stuff.

You have to remember this was supposed to be the final season, so your porbably not too far far off. The editing for this episode was so terrible it felt like an amateur editor was working that day

I agree it was shitty to build to the fight all season then end it like that, although Doomsday was only contained under ground wasnt he? I mean Zod could break him out next year, or leave him there for a later film, its not as if that was the fight that killed him was it?

Yeah, this is most likely trying to say Doomsday will return later to kill him as Superman. I think having Doomsday be the villain was a terrible idea, there are so many villains you could have given him. I felt the writers backed themselves in a huge corner this time.

Guest DCAUFan1051

You have to remember this was supposed to be the final season, so your porbably not too far far off. The editing for this episode was so terrible it felt like an amateur editor was working that day

Yeah, this is most likely trying to say Doomsday will return later to kill him as Superman. I think having Doomsday be the villain was a terrible idea, there are so many villains you could have given him. I felt the writers backed themselves in a huge corner this time.

I don't think Season 8 was ever meant to be the last season.... when 7 was airing I heard all kinds of stuff that it was gonna run for 9 seasons. Now it will be running for 10, which is good and bad. :D

Casting tidbit for season 9:

MASON: Late 20's early 30's. He's a handsome charismatic charmer who savors life. He appreciates good food, loves fast cars and sees beauty in every woman. There isn't a detail in life that eludes his senses. He is a master of seduction... knowing what everyone wants and needs before they do. But don't let his magnetism fool you. There's more than meets the eye. His intelligence can't be matched. He outmaneuvers everyone in his path. Though he longs to find a home, that vulnerability can be twisted -- making him a force to be reckoned with."

Any ideas who this is?

• 3 weeks later...

Metallo could prove to be interesting foe on Smallville but I'm sure season 9 MUST be the last season. If they prolong Clark ANOTHER year it will just be as silly as everyone makes the program out to be. Especially with all the things that have already happened to not-yet-Superman and that very little time is ever spent in the title location anymore..

Also I'm still a wee bit pissy about the whole fake Jimmy thing...as I think it was a major cop out and a way to take another great Character out of a show that is running low (But I will agree for story purposes Lionel's demise needed to happen). Despite ALL this I will continue to watch and to call myself a fan.

-Skyler

There are rumors of a Smallville tv movie called Metropolis coming Christmas 2010. It will supposedly be announced at Comic-Con.

That would be a great way to end the series, leaving it open to a possible spin-off too. Here's my cast list for a Metropolis TV Series; some would be series regulars, others would either be cameos or come on later seasons

Tom Welling as Superman/Clark Kent

Terrence Stamp as the voice of Jor-El

Helen Slater as the voice of Lara

Michael Rosenbaum as Lext Luthor

Michael McKean as Perry White

Erica Durance as Lois Lane

Annette O'Toole as Martha Kent(cameos)

James Marsters as Brainiac(cameos)

Justin Hartley as Olver Queen/Green Arrow(cameo)

Laura Vandervort as Kara/Supergirl(cameo)

Phil Morris as J'onn J'onnz/Martian Manhunter

Kyle Gallner as Bart Allen/Impulse/Flash(cameo)

Alaina Kalanj as Black Canary(cameo)

Alan Ritchson as ARthur Curry/Aquaman(cameo)

I don't think Allison Mack will be moving onto that show, but if she does I would love to have her as a series regular. I don't want Kristen Kreuk in the series because she can't really act.

Villains that would be awesome to come in are Metallo(I know he's supposed to come on the show in S9), Bizarro(this was a fun villain to see and the few the writers got right), Toyman(I actually liked this version of Toyman he was creepy), Darkseid (you can't have Superman finally on the small screen and not have one of his most challenging villains not come on the show).

Heroes I would like to see on a new series; Batman(of course), Green Lantern(John Stewart or Kyle Rayner), Brainiac 5(if we had Supergirl come on for an episode she can meet him and they'd go back to the 31st Century), Wonder Woman,

• 4 weeks later...
CCI: JOHNS BRINGS JSA TO “SMALLVILLE”

Last year, Geoff Johns closed out Comic-Con International with news that gave long-time Legion fans a cause for rejoice and if they didn’t have one already, a reason to watch “Smallville.” The superstar writer contributed a script to the CW’s primetime powerhouse that placed the Legion of Super-Heroes smack dab in middle of the “Smallville” mythos.

Well he’s at it again. It was announced Sunday at the "Smallville" panel that this season, Johns is shifting his focus from a superhero team protecting the world thousands of years in the future to comicdom’s original superhero team – The Justice Society of America.

Johns, who wrote “JSA” and the later relaunched “Justice Society of America” for nearly a decade, told CBR News that the producers of “Smallville” approached him shortly after the ninth season was commissioned by the network to see if he was interested in writing another episode. His answer was "yes," with one caveat.

"Brian [Peterson] and Kelly [souders], the showrunners, approached me after ‘Smallville’ was picked up for another season and they asked, ‘Would you be interested in doing another episode?’ and I said, ‘Yes. I‘d be interested, if I could bring another DC property that’s never been brought to live action, to live action.’

“And so we talked a little bit and I pitched them my idea on how I thought a JSA episode would work, because I wanted to remain faithful to what JSA’s all about but still work within the context of the show. And they liked it.”

Johns said it was way too early to discuss specific details about the episode, but noted he was excited to be heading back to Vancouver for another project.

“The writing staff working up there in Vancouver is excellent,” he explained. “And I’m really excited that I’m going to have the chance to work with everybody again. And of course, I’m really excited to be bringing the JSA to Smallville.”

Since the Legion members featured last season were heavy hitters – Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy – CBR News nudged Johns for at least a tease of which JSA members we might be seeing.

“I can not to tell you that yet. But I can tell you there might be a character or two that you won’t expect,” teased Johns.

No airdate was announced for the episode but Johns said, “I think it will be around the same time as last season, maybe early to mid-January, but we haven’t locked down the exact airdate yet.”

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22259

Geoff Johns for the fucking win.

• 4 weeks later...