Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I get tons of joy out of it, and if you ever decided to podcast Smallville, I'd be happy to help :).

I just saw Hostage, dialogue was good if a bit cheesy at certain moments (But cheesy dialogue feels good in Smallville for some reason). Loved Perry. Mrs. Kent's moments from time to time where she'd have moments reminiscing about Jonathan were very well done. Maybe the worst moment was when Chloe was upset and wanted to leave, I thought that could've been played alot better and now that I think of it all it really was was foreshadowing of Chloe's imminent departure.

Martha Kent as Red Queen could've been destroyed in the wrong hands, but they managed to keep it real.

It really seems that they are and I really think it will be a mistake if Clark doesn't reveal himself to Lois.

I'm also thinking with the book of Rao and

Martha's comment that it will exile all the Kryptonians on the planet

that this will be the point that "fixes" everything so that Clark can reveal himself as Superman to the world. (Without the side effect that Lois forgets who he is, this seems very logical and will make me mad if that happens.)

Oh boy, next week here we go!

I just finished the finale. Very good job done, the scene at the beginning with the

"future dream"

had me giddy with joy, but what really set me off was when Clark opened the box.

The barn scene between Clark and Lois was very well done. I'm curious about the "not Kandorians" that GA encountered, I'm guessing it may be some different Kryptonians that were found by Kara. The conclusion with the Kandorians was well done and leaves the door open if they wanted an episode or two next season. Curious about who the knitting-lady was and what she'll do with the now dead Tess. The scene where Lois figures that Zod was not The Blur was relatively well done, when she passed out for a moment from hitting her elbow against the phone booth I was a little irked, but that was layed aside nicely with the goodbye-kiss from Clark. The final knife sequence was very well done, and while I liked that Clark did the sacrificial thing and let himself fall, the Superman Returns Cross Fall was a bit much, and will likely be resolved within the first five minutes of season 10.

Last Note: Oh please oh please oh please let Clark wear the Suit next season since he has it, and of course they have to get Michael Rosenbaum back, if not just for the final episode.

EDIT:

I guess Chloe is leaving next season?

I was annoyed that Zod forget that they all had super hearing and that was the cause of them turning on him, but what are you going to do, at least we got a fight this season.

I thought for sure Chloe would kick the bucket, but was pleasantly surprised to see that not the case. And I'm a bit unclear on how blue kryptonite stops making you a Kryptonian but again whatever.

Maybe the device tracked by the aura a super powered Kryptionian gives off, seeing as the device's original use was a part of a transformation device. As for Zod, I think the intent was to goad Zod to bring that out into the open. At least, that's what I'll believe. :*

The thing I've learned to hate over the past 2 seasons is how 60% of the season has lackluster writing throughout the season, but the Finales are still great(well except last years). One of the few reasons I still watch the show is because of the few episodes that go back to the great writing skills of the past, but this is getting ridiculous. Why did they have Zod the villain AGAIN? When there are so many villains from just the Superboy comics alone as well as early Superman comics to add in there. Season 10 is the last, let's hope they do the right thing by the source material and fans.

Guest TFG1Mike

Poor guy.

He's got a long career consisting of nothing but convention appearances ahead of him.

It's funny you say that because outside of Smallville the only other thing I've seen him in are the Cheaper By The Dozen films... he's sooo going to be typecast. Because when I first saw him in Cheaper By The Dozen I was like whoa what's Clark Kent doing on the big screen? :D

I think Tom's got some acting career left in him. I mean, some of the reason he hasn't done much else is because he's been busy working behind the scenes on Smallville. Speaking of which, it might make sense for him to actually go into production work rather than acting from this point.

First half of Season 9:

9x01 "Savior"

CLARK CATCHES A TRAIN! A HOT KRYPTONIAN NINJA-GIRL TRIES TO KILL HIM! OLIVER'S IN A FIGHT CLUB! THE NO-FLYING THING IS ADDRESSED! CLARK IS WEARING HIS SHIELD AND HANGING OUT WITH JOR-EL IN THE FORTRESS!

I was giddy while watching this. Clark is suddenly in a very weird place all the sudden (as are all the characters), but I'm willing to make the jump and see this season as a new story. Oh, and the cinematography in this episode is astounding for a TV series. Really great "superhero" camera shots that aren't flashy or overdone; just good.

5/5

9x02 "Metallo"

This is... surprisingly good. They get Metallo right, making him both a strong villain and a sympathetic character. Very, very good. More awesome cinematography.

5/5

9x03 "Rabid"

...Zombies? I mean, really? Zombies?

Now, they did this pretty well, so it still gets a decent score, but... zombies? Eh. Whatever.

3/5

9x04 "Echo"

Toyman comes back, and Oliver nearly lets himself die. While this is certainly weird, it's nice to see that Oliver's supposed execution of Lex isn't going unremembered. I liked this, somewhat.

3/5

9x05 "Roulette"

Uh, what?

Yeah, I don't even want to summarize this one. It's just bad.

1/5

9x06 "Crossfire"

Mia/Speedy shows up. But not in the usual "hey, let's do a super-cheesy character team-up episode!" way that Smallville normally does it. It's generally believable and nicely done. I applaud them. Still, there's nothing particularly outstanding about the episode, it's just "good."

3/5

9x07 "Kandor"

WOW. This is definitely the most we've gotten to see of Krypton, its people, and its culture in the entire show's history. It's really pretty great. We also get the answer to the questions surrounding "Zod" and his people. Oh, and the scenes with Jor-El are just amazing. It had some problems which can't quite be overlooked, but overall, very nicely done.

4/5

9x08 "Idol"

The Wonder Twins. Seriously. The Wonder Twins.

This one's got some decent stuff in it, but is overall just a bit too silly and overdone for my taste. Oh, and Lois repeatedly acts like a moron.

2/5

9x09 "Days of Future Past" "Pandora"

Hmm. I like a lot of things about this one, and am bothered by many others. They seemed to be saying that the Kandorian clones are powered by red sunlight instead of yellow (which is pure insanity), but one line seemed to say that there were orbiting sattelites above the Earth filtering out the yellow radiation and beaming it straight to the Kandorians. So... maybe it's not a total sci-fi disaster? Eh. I didn't love the episode anyway. I just thought it was decent, which is too bad, considering its great importance.

Oh, did I mention that alternate-future Lois and Clark bang? Yeah. That happened.

3/5

9x10 "Disciple"

Oliver's former (evil) archery teacher comes to Metropolis and attacks Chloe, Lois, and Mia.

I liked this one a lot.

4/5

9x11-12 "Absolute Justice"

Hrm. This is a tough one.

There's some decent stuff in here, really. Some "oh my god they just showed Alan Scott's power battery"-level stuff. And then there's some really terrible acting, and costumes that range from good to disturbingly bad. There's nice character work, but it's hidden behind horrible quips. I get the sense that the Smallville writing staff read Geoff Johns' script and said "this isn't quippy or punny enough! MORE PUNS!"

Eh. If the JSA has more to do in the future, this episode will be a little better in hindsight just for the fact that it sets up a lot. But otherwise.... It's not that great. It's definitely tolerable, but it somewhat breaks Season 9's overall tone and ongoing character stories. I'd have to say that it's got a bit more bad than good, which is really disappointing.

2/5

Overall, this is good stuff. Rather than just having their foot halfway in the "Superman" door and halfway in the "pile of crap" door like the past several seasons, Season 9 seems to be really taking hold of its own story, rather than just trying to be something else. Aside from Absolute Justice, there's no crappy-fan-service-for-the-sake-of-fan-service, and it's really taken hold of a nice dramatic tone. Instead of trying to be a semi-DC Universe, now the show is crafting its own Elseworlds-esque version of the mythology, and it's really working for the most part.

I was very skeptical of this version of a young Zod, since the actor, Callum Blue, doesn't have anything in the way of physical presence. However, I've been proven wrong, as this Zod is very, very subversive and manipulative. He's a far more devilish Zod, and I like it.

This is really nice. Season 8 went horribly downhill after its first half; hopefully this one won't.

• 1 month later...

Oh hey, nobody's posted this yet.

John Schneider is returning to Smallville for at least two episodes in Season 10, one being the premiere.

Also, Kara is coming back for an episode. Do we care? Eh.

John Schneider was always brilliant in the show, so it'll be great to have him back. Really, he needs to be there to help close out the show.