Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was Hawkman attempting to become Christian Bale's Batman whenever he was suited up

Because some idiot thinks all superheroes who wear masks should have gravely voices like that.

I dont really know much about Hawkman but is the guys normal identity famous then? As thats why for example Batman puts on the voice, but nothing really in that episode led me to believe there was any reason for him to do it

By the end of the episode I was thinking great they have introduced a new team of characters, everyone worked together to take out a villian, and now we are going to see them all get attacked by a big group of bad guys to setup for the second part of th.......oh wait that was it?

Why was Hawkman attempting to become Christian Bale's Batman whenever he was suited up

Because some idiot thinks all superheroes who wear masks should have gravely voices like that.

I dont really know much about Hawkman but is the guys normal identity famous then? As thats why for example Batman puts on the voice, but nothing really in that episode led me to believe there was any reason for him to do it

He's a museum curator. So no. I've always figured on Hawkman having a more gravelly voice, the guy has a freakin arsenal in his home. He can talk however he likes.

Absolute Justice left be directly somewhere between getting genuine chills and being very disappointed. I mean, clearly the costumes don't work on TV, but the idea was cool and the discovery of it was well played out. Annoyed that they rolled Star Spangled Kid and Starman into one though, I always think of Starman as being one of the societies biggest guns, I get why they rolled them together for simplicity but at the same time its a big omission.

Dr Fates outfit might have worked if the helmet was genuinely shiny like in the group portrait, but since this is TV its too complicated to include a unpredictably shiny prop.

Honestly in the end I'd rather have seen different heroes from the JSA roster. Hourman, Stargirl and Flash would have worked better, since they already have the speed effects down. They needed Stargirl because they couldn't use Canary, but I'd have liked to have seen Ted Knight in the Pemberton role, with Pemberton being the guy who died the first time around resulting in the disbanding. That way you work both in. Plus it removes the comic book trope of having the least significant member of the group be in his own way the most significant, like Pemberton was here.

Smallville as a whole is just irritating. I just cannot watch it outside of isolated events like this, there's so little wit and charm to make up for the shoddy feel of the show. I admire that the effects crew get this much out of what much be a relatively small budget show, but it still doesn't do justice to the heroes they are trying to portray.

Apocalypse is coming!!!

You know when Amanda Waller said that, it gave so many images in my mind for what is to come at the end of this year and next season. I mean if they have plans to bring Darkseid onto the show, than they'd better bring him in better than they did Doomsday.

I don't like Mercer, she seems like a bad Lionel clone (with not knowing if she's good or bad) and she keeps appearing in various scenes (as if she was the mastermind) and not contributing to anything. Kill her off please.

I'm also pissed that they put Lois and Clark together, its not right and they don't really have chemistry anyway, maybe sexual, but that's it.

All in all I enjoyed the episode, I would have liked to see Alan Scott and Jay Gerrick suit up, more than this Stargirl, but maybe next time.

Hmmm.. so I've given it some thought, and decided that Koete is right. Smallville's writers suck. There's no way Darkseid in Smallville would be good.

I can see it now... instead of being the lord of Apokolips, he'll be reimagined as a crime lord in Metropolis, with a stupid name like "Boss Dark Side."

Yup; shoddy storytelling at its finest. I mean, what crackjob would write something like that?

I fully admit, he burned me well. I've been a bit harsh on Smallville the past few days. After all, a show that establishes superheroes before Superman can't be too bad, right KnightWing?

Ohh, you got served. Is it on? Geek off! We have a Geek off! :P

the central premise of smallville now seems to be not that its a show about Superman's origins and early life, but that its a Superman show where Clark Kent is not allowed to be Superman at any point. Its like having a Transformers show where none of the robots are allowed to change into other shit.