Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I totally forgot that I finished Season 5 three weeks ago.

5x12 "Reckoning"

This may be the first time since Season 1 that I actually empathized with Clark and how he felt about Lana. Seeing her dead in the middle of the road was a very powerful scene that I didn't expect.

The death of Jonathan Kent, though... that one still feels a little weird. Not exactly sure what the point of it was. Still, though, it kind of had a personal resonance with me, as my dad died of heart failure as well. Kind of deja vu.

Even with all the craziness and logic-leaping, I thought it was a good episode.

3/5

5x13 "Vengeance"

A mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet has a secret identity, changes clothes in phone booths, and hides her identity behind glasses. But instead of Clark, it's Hispanic pseudo-Batman/Zorro-woman. Hmmm...

2/5

5x14 "Tomb"

Chloe meets a ghost. Ghost possesses Chloe, and gets vengeance upon her killer. Joy.

Seriously, how many times has a dead person taken over the body of a main character? There was Lionel/Jor-El, Clark/Prom Queen, Chloe/this girl, Lana/Witch #1, Chloe/Witch #2, and Lois/Witch #3. Too many times now.

2.5/5

5x15 "Cyborg"

Surprisingly decent. It kinda flies in the face of DC continuity, but what in this show doesn't? Cyborg's characterization was cool, and he was acted somewhat believably.

4/5

5x16 "Hypnotic"

Ugh. I don't even wanna summarize it.

1/5

5x17 "Void"

Lana becomes a druggie. LAAAAAAAAME. But Clark has a near-death (or actual-death?) experience where he meets up with PA KENT, who almost-literally tells him that he's going to be Superman! Awesome! :D

3.5/5

5x18 "Fragile"

This is a genuinely heartwarming, great episode of Smallville. It reminds me of the simple goodness of Season 1 (before everyone had to get all secretive and morally gray), and had Clark being the totally kindhearted individual that he should be. Even the fact that it's got multiple generations of meteor freaks can't bring it down; it's dealt with brilliantly.

5/5

5x19 "Mercy"

Saw.

No, seriously. This episode is the plot of Saw, in every way.

For sheer annoyance, it gets a 1/5.

5x20 "Fade"

Clark gets an annoying new friend who happens to be a criminal with cloaking powers. Joy. Truth be told, I almost forgot what this episode was about.

2/5

5x21 "Oracle"

ZOD IS COMING... into Lex.

:rimshot:

That was my Michael David Sims-esque joke-of-the-day.

3/5

5x22 "Vessel"

All hell breaks loose, and the apocalypse is now. Yay.

Clark's "spin Chloe behind him and catch the flying car with the other hand" trick was awesome. Then right after that, Clark and Chloe have a genuinely affectionate kiss. In the future, I might ignore all other development for their other relationships and pretend that they're still in that same moment.

The rest of the episode was epic, but kinda random. Like watching Transformers 2.

Still, for the Chloe scene, it gets 3/5.

Killing off Pa Kent in that episode always felt like the first real fuck you, to the fans, well me. (You'll know the second when you see it)

Jonathan deserved an entire episode about his death and not shoe horn in his death twenty minuets into an episode. Especially after teasing getting rid of fucking Lana finally!

Let me know when you get to season 6, which was the first time I got into the show was threw that season, and with it, i Got into the green arrow character.

5x21 "Oracle"

ZOD IS COMING... into Lex.

:rimshot:

That was my Michael David Sims-esque joke-of-the-day.

:yes:

Killing off Pa Kent in that episode always felt like the first real fuck you, to the fans, well me. (You'll know the second when you see it)

Didn't John Schneider willing leave the show, though? If I recall, I thought he wanted to focus on other projects.

Jonathan deserved an entire episode about his death and not shoe horn in his death twenty minuets into an episode.

Absolutely! I thought the exact same thing. An entire episode dealing with the character and what he meant to everyone else would have been preferable.

Let me know when you get to season 6, which was the first time I got into the show was threw that season, and with it, i Got into the green arrow character.

Already into it, and actually liking it a lot. GA is very very different from his comics counterpart (which is still taking some getting-used-to), but he's a very cool character. His transforming collapsible bow is freakin' amazing. I want one.

Didn't John Schneider willing leave the show, though? If I recall, I thought he wanted to focus on other projects.

Yes, but they should have gave him an episode, not the last ten minutes of one.

Yes, but they should have gave him an episode, not the last ten minutes of one.

Yup. Schneider stuck around for the rest of the season through guest appearances anyway; there was no reason to just kill him off so quick. They were probably going for the shock factor, but it just came off kinda "meh."

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, Hippolyta was mentioned in a news paper in season 3, http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Allusions_to_Wonder_Woman

Is there and embargo on her as there was on Batman? They mention the Lazarus Pits in season 3, and Thomas and Martha Wayne were originally in the Veritas society, but omitted due to the Bat-Embargo. I know unlike all the other founding titans, Donna Troy couldn't have a guest spot on "Teen Titans" because all wonder woman characters needed to be regulars to appear on a show. They COULD still introduce her as a regular for a single season, like they did with Supergirl in season 7.

Apparently, Hippolyta was mentioned in a news paper in season 3, http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Allusions_to_Wonder_Woman

Is there and embargo on her as there was on Batman? The mention the Lazarus Pits in season 3, and Thomas and Martha Wayne were originally in the Veritas society, but omitted due to the Bat-Embargo. I know unlike all the other founding titans, Donna Troy couldn't have a guest spot on "Teen Titans" because all wonder woman characters needed to be regulars to appear on a show. They COULD still introduce her as a regular for a single season, like they did with Supergirl in season 7.

The first one, looks to be a red Xena outfit, so that answers that.

Kara is a superman family character, meaning she was going to be on the superman show, somehow some way.

And now for my Smallville speed-watching update:

6x01 "Zod"

Hmm... interesting. We get a short super-fight with Lex, who has been possessed by the spirit of Terrence Stamp. I wonder why he doesn't speak in an accent like Lionel did? Meh; not important. Oh, and we see the PHANTOM ZONE! And... THE SUPERMAN SHIELD! (is this the first time we see it in the series? I think it is...) And Jimmy Olsen! Only he's not a quirky kid; he's a guy who banged Chloe once!... wha...? Oh, speaking of Chloe, we get an almost-literal on-screen nod to the audience that says "Hey! Remember that part in the last episode where Chloe and Clark had a genuinely romantic moment? Yeah, that totally doesn't matter. Forget it ever happened."

2.5/5

6x02 "Sneeze"

The episode is called "Sneeze." That's just awesome right there. And we get a decent intro for super-breath, which is cool. Oliver Queen shows up and shoots the Daily Planet's globe with an arrow. What did the globe ever do to him?

X-Man from J.A.G. shows up and tortures Lex! Anyone remember J.A.G.? No? Okay, then...

3/5

6x03 "Wither"

Oliver Queen wears the actual Green Arrow costume!!

And that was about the only cool thing about the episode.

By the way, can I just say how much I love Lana and Lex being together? Watching them try to one-up each other with passive-aggressiveness is extremely entertaining.

2/5

6x04 "Arrow"

Green Arrow shows up and does his hero thing, breaking all manner of physical laws. It was actually pretty cool, in that "this is so impossible it's awesome" way.

4/5

6x05 "Reunion"

In this episode, they literally short-circuit a ghost. It's kind of cool. Oh, and plenty of character development/backstory for both Lex and Oliver.

4/5

6x06 "Fallout"

Clark teams up with Jor-El's hot blonde female lab assistant to fight Lil' Bow Wow (who has gained nuclear powers) in the Fortress of Solitude.

Y'know, I kinda didn't care for this episode, but writing that sentence made me happy. It gets another point for that.

3/5

6x07 "Rage"

Oliver becomes a druggie so he can be like Wolverine.

Lionel comes to Thanksgiving dinner at the Kents', and is welcomed warmly. WHY? He even sits happily next Chloe, who he TRIED TO KILL a couple seasons back. Oh, and MARTHA KENT almost kisses him! Whatthecrapisthis?!?!??

Ergh.

1/5

6x08 "Static"

Some guy with static powers (no, not that guy. :( ) kidnaps Lex and stuffs him inside in a radio frequency. Really.

Oh, and Clark fights Batista, who is then killed by J'onn J'onzz. Clark then later says (after not even really seeing what happened) that J'onn "has powers that [he] could only dream of." CRAP, I SAY!

2/5

6x09 "Subterranean"

It starts off great, with Clark befriending a kid out of the kindness of his heart. "Oh! Another 'Shatter'!" I say. "This should be great!"

Yeah, no. It turns into a preachy thing about illegal immigration.

Oh, and Jimmy brings whipped cream over to Chloe's house. This saddens me, for many reasons. :(

The ending with Lex was pretty badass, though.

2.5/5

And now for my Smallville speed-watching update:

6x01 "Zod"

Hmm... interesting. We get a short super-fight with Lex, who has been possessed by the spirit of Terrence Stamp. I wonder why he doesn't speak in an accent like Lionel did? Meh; not important. Oh, and we see the PHANTOM ZONE! And... THE SUPERMAN SHIELD! (is this the first time we see it in the series? I think it is...) And Jimmy Olsen! Only he's not a quirky kid; he's a guy who banged Chloe once!... wha...? Oh, speaking of Chloe, we get an almost-literal on-screen nod to the audience that says "Hey! Remember that part in the last episode where Chloe and Clark had a genuinely romantic moment? Yeah, that totally doesn't matter. Forget it ever happened."

2.5/5

6x02 "Sneeze"

The episode is called "Sneeze." That's just awesome right there. And we get a decent intro for super-breath, which is cool. Oliver Queen shows up and shoots the Daily Planet's globe with an arrow. What did the globe ever do to him?

X-Man from J.A.G. shows up and tortures Lex! Anyone remember J.A.G.? No? Okay, then...

3/5

6x03 "Wither"

Oliver Queen wears the actual Green Arrow costume!!

And that was about the only cool thing about the episode.

By the way, can I just say how much I love Lana and Lex being together? Watching them try to one-up each other with passive-aggressiveness is extremely entertaining.

2/5

6x04 "Arrow"

Green Arrow shows up and does his hero thing, breaking all manner of physical laws. It was actually pretty cool, in that "this is so impossible it's awesome" way.

4/5

6x05 "Reunion"

In this episode, they literally short-circuit a ghost. It's kind of cool. Oh, and plenty of character development/backstory for both Lex and Oliver.

4/5

6x06 "Fallout"

Clark teams up with Jor-El's hot blonde female lab assistant to fight Lil' Bow Wow (who has gained nuclear powers) in the Fortress of Solitude.

Y'know, I kinda didn't care for this episode, but writing that sentence made me happy. It gets another point for that.

3/5

6x07 "Rage"

Oliver becomes a druggie so he can be like Wolverine.

Lionel comes to Thanksgiving dinner at the Kents', and is welcomed warmly. WHY? He even sits happily next Chloe, who he TRIED TO KILL a couple seasons back. Oh, and MARTHA KENT almost kisses him! Whatthecrapisthis?!?!??

Ergh.

1/5

6x08 "Static"

Some guy with static powers (no, not that guy. :( ) kidnaps Lex and stuffs him inside in a radio frequency. Really.

Oh, and Clark fights Batista, who is then killed by J'onn J'onzz. Clark then later says (after not even really seeing what happened) that J'onn "has powers that [he] could only dream of." CRAP, I SAY!

2/5

6x09 "Subterranean"

It starts off great, with Clark befriending a kid out of the kindness of his heart. "Oh! Another 'Shatter'!" I say. "This should be great!"

Yeah, no. It turns into a preachy thing about illegal immigration.

Oh, and Jimmy brings whipped cream over to Chloe's house. This saddens me, for many reasons. :(

The ending with Lex was pretty badass, though.

2.5/5

Yeah, I'm a fan of the earlier seasons, but season 6 was the weakest season in my opinion... season 7 is okay but ends early as the writer's strike, Lex becomes full on villain, but the season finale, which worked on paper, left a sour taste in my mouth. Season 8 was reasonably good for what they had. Doomsday was the Hulk, Chloe was a bitch, no Lex... But hey! Lana left:D!!! Season 9 is...adequate right now. "Kandor" was the best out of those we have seen in my opinion, but I do have high hopes for the Justice Society TV movie (which probably will be crushed, but hey? who knows -_- )

P.S The only thing I remember JAG for was the two-parter that spun out into NCIS, that's the only thing I can give that show.