Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's actually a crazy theory going around that the real Clark is still buried with Doomsday, I don't believe the theory but if it true ..... then Bravo Smallville writers on doing the Bizarro story again. Your originality continues to amaze.

Fixed.

Ahh but that was only for 1 ep, this would be for like 8 or 9 eps, that shows patience................. so totally different.

And besides its not like this writing team doesn't use the same idea.......... see Clark losing his powers under shady circumstances.

It’s official: Smallville’s upcoming two-hour Justice Society-centric “movie” is now an actual movie. Sources confirm to me exclusively that The CW has jettisoned the separate titles that were initially assigned to each of the two episodes — “Society” and “Legends,” respectively — in favor of the singularly sensational (and far more marketable) Smallville: Absolute Justice. What’s more, I hear the movie will air as a seamless two-hour event with only one set of credits.

By the way, the air date for Smallville: Absolute Justice was recently changed from Jan. 29 to Feb. 5. Adjust your schedules accordingly.

Source

It’s official: Smallville’s upcoming two-hour Justice Society-centric “movie” is now an actual movie. Sources confirm to me exclusively that The CW has jettisoned the separate titles that were initially assigned to each of the two episodes — “Society” and “Legends,” respectively — in favor of the singularly sensational (and far more marketable) Smallville: Absolute Justice. What’s more, I hear the movie will air as a seamless two-hour event with only one set of credits.

By the way, the air date for Smallville: Absolute Justice was recently changed from Jan. 29 to Feb. 5. Adjust your schedules accordingly.

Source

Crap.

Now I have to watch Smallville seasons 3-8 before February. X_x

Source

Crap.

Now I have to watch Smallville seasons 3-8 before February. X_x

You'll be full blown alcoholic before you hit 6.

Take a shot every time Clark contemplates telling Lana his secret, but doesn't go through with it.

Take a shot every time Clark whines about how he hates his powers.

Take a shot every time someone says "meteor rock."

For the sake of finding a way to make it humorously bearable, I will keep a count of many of these "Smallvilleisms."

This includes:

• People being harmlessly knocked out, with no lasting brain damage
  • The usage of the term "Meteor Rock"
  • Characters who are killed and never mentioned again
  • Clark bemoaning the existence of his abilities
  • Lana berating Clark about his "secrets and lies!"
  • People finding out Clark's secret, but then conveniently losing their memory of said secret
  • Clark outright lying to a loved one

Unfortunately, I can only record these through Seasons 3-9, as I've already gone through 1 and 2. (Though I concievably could go back through some online summaries for things like knockouts)

How about saying abilities instead of powers. That always sounded strange to me.

It sounds really odd to me, too, but it makes sense.

What parent would tell their son that he has "powers"? After all, the concept of calling them "powers" ultimately comes from the fact that the original comics were written from the perspective of highlighting Superman's power. What parents would use the term "power" to describe their son's added abilities? I would think that that'd go against the values of humility that the Kents always try to inspire in Clark.

There's a lot of odd Smallville sayings I think make a lot of sense. "Meteor rocks" is one of them, actually. It sounds weird to us comic book fans who know that it's kryptonite, but why would anyone call the rocks "kryptonite" if they don't know anything about Krypton? If I remember correctly, Clark begins using the term "kryptonite" immediately after he discovers his heritage. (Even going so far as to correct his mom when she says "meteor rocks")

That being said, it's still ridiculous how often the rocks are referenced in the show, so I'll keep a count.

It sounds really odd to me, too, but it makes sense.

What parent would tell their son that he has "powers"? After all, the concept of calling them "powers" ultimately comes from the fact that the original comics were written from the perspective of highlighting Superman's power. What parents would use the term "power" to describe their son's added abilities? I would think that that'd go against the values of humility that the Kents always try to inspire in Clark.

I can see Jonathan and Clark talking about heat vision: "Clark, it seems you have the ability to set people on fire when you get a boner."