Smallville

Missy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, no, I meant actually cast them as new characters in Smallville. And yeah, I was making a Dr. Horrible reference. Maybe Neil could be one of the Flashes (Barry?).

WAIT.

NO.

I HAVE IT.

Neil Patrick Harris stars in a very special episode of Smallville featuring the live-action debut of... The Music Meister.

Oh yeah.

I'm glad all traces of giving a shit about Smallville have left me.

I just want to see how they handle the ending. At this point, that's the only thing that I'm interested in.

You still think this show will ever end?

I've said it before but this show needs to die so they can try and make a good live action show based on a DC comic.

• 3 weeks later...
Smallville, the long-running television series that's already part of the dispute between Warner Bros. and the Siegel family, is now at the center of another legal battle.

The Hollywood Reporter's legal blog, THR, Esq., reports that Smallville creators and longtime executive producers Miles Millar and Alfred Gough, and series co-producer Tollin/Robbins Prods., have sued Warner Bros. Television, claiming the division made license-fee deals with The WB Television Network and its successor The CW Television Network that "were not arms-length."

The lawsuit, filed on Friday, accuses Warner Bros. of licensing Smallville for broadcast on its co-owned WB and CW networks "for unreasonably low, below-market license fees, resulting in lower gross revenues for the series and less compensation for plaintiffs, and failing to renegotiate the series' license fee to cover its production cost." The plaintiffs also say Warner Bros. sold the series to foreign markets in a package with other, less-successful shows, resulting in a misallocation of licensing fees.

Although the complaint doesn't specify damages, THR, Esq. notes that, "given the allegations and the longevity of the series, they could total in the tens of millions of dollars."

The claim brings to mind one made in 2008 by the family of Superman co-creator Jerry Siegel, who accused DC Comics with striking a "sweetheart deal" with parent company Warner Bros. when licensing characters for Smallville and Superman Returns, a violation of the terms of their profit-sharing agreement. However, in July 2009, a judge ruled against the Siegels, determining that DC and Warner Bros. participated in a "fair market deal."

Source

So I finished Season 6 last night.

6x10 "Hydro"

I remember this episode being tolerable, but anything with Tori Spelling in it automatically gets a lower grade in my book.

2/5

6x11 "Justice"

So, this is it. The big superhero team-up episode. It's decent. It's slightly contrived, but in a pretty well-done sort of way.

4/5

6x12 "Labyrinth"

I actually really enjoyed this one. Very cool stuff.

4/5

6x13 "Crimson"

Ugh. I utterly despise episodes with the overused plotline of "Clark gets Red-K/Silver-K/Body-switched/Hypnotized and makes people hate him."

1/5

6x14 "Trespass"

Meh.

2/5

6x15 "Freak"

Chloe gets naked! Chloe asks Clark to X-ray her body! Things get really hot!*

*because of heat vision; nothing steamy actually happens.

And somehow all of that is still not extremely fascinating.

2/5

6x16 "Promise"

Wait.

Wait wait wait wait WAIT.

O_o

Is... is this actually... a really GOOD episode of Smallville?!? In Season SIX?!? O_o

Wow. Okay. More please.

5/5

6x17 "Combat"

Hmm. Okay, so that wasn't as great as last week. But Clark got to punch a guy! Yay!

3/5

6x18 "Progeny"

LYNDA CARTER IS CHLOE'S MOM?!? O_o (I thought Chloe's mom was blonde?)

Huh. Cool.

2.5/5

6x19 "Nemesis"

Picard battles a Romulan clone of himself. Data dies in the process.

2/5

6x20 "Noir"

Okay, okay, this entire episode is a giant gimmick, but damn if it isn't still entertaining. (Noir-Clark is especially awesome.)

4/5

6x21 "Prototype"

Helo goes insane and tries to kill people. Musta been from all that Caprica Kryptonite radiation.

6x22 "Phantom"

Martha leaves Smallville.

Lana fakes her death dies in an explosion.

Lois dies, but then doesn't.

Chloe cries so hard that she faints.

A phantom that possesses people turns out to be... Bizarro?

Um... o...kay?

2.5/5

Well, that was certainly a weird season. It wasn't offensive, exactly. Just kinda "there."

I just watched the first two eps of Season 7, and they're actually pretty good. I'm surprised, and looking forward to watching more.