Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On that subject, Matt Hardy got caught drunk driving and got himself fired from TNA.

Good riddance.

The following is a new article from celebrity-gossip website TMZ.com:

Matt Hardy OUT Of TNA Following DWI Arrest

Matt Hardy's arrest today in North Carolina has had immediate repercussions -- he's been DROPPED from TNA.

A rep for TNA tells TMZ, "TNA today released Impact Wrestling star Matt Hardy from its roster. Hardy was already under suspension from the company."

As TMZ first reported, Hardy was arrested after his Corvette smashed into a tree this afternoon. He was not injured.

Source

I want to see his twitter now, and see how he tries to spin this shit around.

I just finished watching the "Netflix Edit" of the new Rey Mysterio DVD. A few thoughts:

- I think these recent DVDs would be better without the horrible hosts of Striker, Grissom, ect.

- The editing to remove Benoit from history is something. I understand it, but it makes things really disjointed. Example is Edge/Rey vs. Guerreros on Smackdown in 02. No Benoit run-in or anything, but the random dropping of the commentary is really noticeable. Also, they missed one mention, which quite frankly, is rather sloppy on their part.

- I now want to see Mysterio in an El Santo style movie. With all the shit DVDs WWE is making these days, just make a very low budget movie of Rey fighting a horde of vampires wearing capes. Make it B&W too.

Wrestling legend Kurt Angle was arrested early this morning on charges of driving under the influence ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement tells TMZ ... Angle's car was spotted by another driver ... swerving between lanes on I-66. Angle was busted by Virginia State Troopers, who responded to the call, and taken to Warren County Jail.

He posted $2,000 bond and was released at 3:31 AM.

Angle won the gold medal in wrestling at the 1996 Olympics before turning to professional wrestling. He made his name in the WWE and is currently under contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.

Source

WrestleZone has learned exclusively that a number of TNA executives are "very concerned" regarding the arrest this weekend of the company's World Champion, Kurt Angle.

"This is the second time Kurt has been arrested for DUI while the TNA Champion," a company exec told WrestleZone this evening, "and after letting of Matt Hardy, we need to be consistent in our policies towards talent!"

We've been told the company also feels vulnerable to the media on this arrest because they recently brought back Jeff Hardy, who did not go to company-suggested rehab, and the fact TMZ picked up the story so quickly. "There's a definite spotlight on this arrest," the company exec told WrestleZone, "and the Carters have to be aware of how that plays to the business community and even to Spike TV and our global television network!"

More as this developing story continues to break.

Source