Random wrestling thoughts

He's been fired according to WWE.com and the spoilers for next week say

Del Rio is the new number one contender.

Here is what Punk said:

>> john cena while you lay there hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, i want you to listen to me. i want you to digest this because before i leave in three weeks with your wwe championship, i have a lot of things i want to get off my chest.

i don’t hate you, john. i don’t even dislike you. i like you. i like a hell of a lot more than i like most people in the back. i hate this idea that you’re the best. because you’re not. i’m the best. i’m the best in the world. there’s one thing you’re better at than i am. and that’s kissing vince mcmahon’s ass. you’re as good as kissing vince’s ass as hulk hogan was. i don’t know if you’re as good as duane though. he’s a pretty good ass kisser. always was and still is.

oops, i’m breaking the fourth wall. i am the best wrestler in the world. i’ve been the best ever since day one when i walked into this company and i’ve been vilified and hated since that day because paul heyman saw something in me that no one wanted toed a my. that’s right i’m a paul heyman guy. who know who else was a paul heyman guy? brock lesnar. he slip. and i’m splitting. but the difference is i’m going to leave with the wwe championship.

i’ve grabbed so much of vincent k. mcmahon’s imaginary brass rings that it just dawned on me that they’re just that, they’re completely imaginary. the only thing that’s real is me. and the fact for almost day in and day out i’ve proved to everybody in the world that i’m this best on this microphone in that ring even at commentary, nobody can touch me. and yet, nobody how many times i prove it, i’m not on your lovely little collector cups. i’m not on the cover on the program. i’m barely promoted. i don’t get to be in movies. i’m certainly not on any crappy show on the u.s.a. network. i’m not on the poster of wrestlemania. i’m not on the signature that’s produced at the start of the show. i’m not on conan o’brien or jimmy fallon but i should be.

this isn’t sour grapes but the fact that duane is at wrestlemania and i’m not makes me sick! oh, hey, let me get something straight. those who are cheering me right now, you are just the biggest part of me leaving as anything else because you’re the ones that buy those collector cups, you’re the ones that buy those programs and then at 5:00 in the morning, you try to shove it in my face so you can get an autograph and sell it on ebay because you’re too lazy to go get a real job.

i’m leaving with the wwe championship on july 17th and, who knows? maybe i’ll go defend it in new japan pro wrestling. maybe i’ll go back to ring of honor. hey, cole cabana, how are you doing? that’s the reason i’m leaving because after i leave you’re going to keep coming. i’m just a spoke on the wheel. i understand that.

vince mcmahon is going to make money despite himself. he’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire. you know why he’s a billionaire because he surrounds himself with nonsense yes men like john laronistis. i would like to think that this company would be better after vince mcmahon’s dead. but the fact is it’s going to be taken over by his idiotic daughter and his dufus son. let me tell you something about vince mcmahon. can we do this whole bully

– No Audio! —

[No Audio]

Audience: Boo!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Smackdown for the 7th of July was taped last night, and the Money In The Bank participants were revealed to be:

Here are the Smackdown "Money In The Bank" competitors...Daniel Bryan vs. Sin Cara vs. Kane vs. Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel.

I am hoping for:

Cody to win, though I think Wade will be the one winning the match.

Authorities have determined that "Macho Man" Randy Savage died of cardiovascular disease, reports TMZ.com and St. Petersburg Times.

Savage, whose real name is Randy Mario Poffo, suffered a serious "cardiac event" moments before crashing his vehicle into a tree in Seminole, Florida on May 20. Savage was taken to Largo Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

An autopsy by the Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner's Office revealed Savage had an enlarged heart with severe atherosclerosis of his coronary arteries. He suffered only minor abrasions and bruising from the crash.

The cause of death was determined to be Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease; the deadly "cardiac event" resulted from the condition.

Savage tested positive for alcohol and hydrocodone during the time of his death, but neither played a role in his passing.

The results of the autopsy were released by the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office on Thursday.

Source

I guess I'm in the blame the industry camp (WCW did nothing to quell drug use either) and currently WWE is the industry to a certain extent. So until the industry changes as a whole, I'll blame all those companies that continue to profit from guys turning themselves in to beefcakes.

Which I guess opens up a whole other argument... A person is responsible for their own actions and you could be happy being a lifelong mid carder and not do drugs. Or you could work your ass off and be a huge success without drugs, like CM Punk.

Still I don't like a company that actively rewards beefcake behaviour. They are telling their employees the easier route to success is through drug use, so while they have free will, the company is also, to an extent actively promoting drug use with one hand and telling people they are quelling it with the other.

*sigh* I've just confused myself.

No, I understand. It's definitely a complex issue. Obviously, as a straight edge guy myself, it's something I'm very interested in.

While there is no such thing as a drug free company, I do think changes are being made for the better. From what I can tell, the WWE drug policy is strictly followed for 95% of guys. The 5% that can get away with it, well, that may be more a structure and culture issue than a drug one, anyway. I mean, they've even gotten to the point of fining for marijuana substitutes, so they are trying on some level.

At the very least, we're in a generation where there are guys like CM Punk and Danielson that are 100% clean, and there are a lot of guys on the indies that are the same way now. Unless you were Bruno Sammartino or Bob Backlund, you were on something in the 80s, because of the drug culture and the horrendous schedules.

There will always be hypocrisy on the issue in wrestling, but it is (slowly) getting better.

In the old days it was 90% of the guys using. Now that WWE has the wellness program what we are going to get is guys using all through the indies until they get to WWE and by then the damage is already done. Unless the whole industry gets together and stops it, and we know that is impossible, we will always have guys dropping dead from years of abuse. The heart can't heal itself from the abuse you put on it ten years ago even though you are clean now.

I don't know why Cena is even part of this angle. It should be just Punk and Vince with Cena just being in the match, but no they have to have "the champ" get involved and kill all the momentum.

Plus Cena was getting booed in his hometown. I can't remember the last time that happened to anyone. Honestly, I'm thinking even the crowd is starting to realize that Cena sucks. I know this thing is all an angle and Punk will be here next Monday, but Cena being involved in this all is just frustrating and that Punk was right in telling Vince that he doesn't know what makes a Champ.

Also, Vince gestured at a Zach Ryder sign. I don't know if they're just teasing us at this point or if they're just doing a slow build to before starting the major push.

Also, Vince gestured at a Zach Ryder sign. I don't know if they're just teasing us at this point or if they're just doing a slow build to before starting the major push.

I think he was pointing at the guy dressed at Hogan who was standing behind the sign. The guy is at every show.

So, a few days from Money In The Bank, it's time to get some predictions in for who will win the ladder matches. To make it fun, put who you'd like to win a perfect world, and who you honestly think will win:

Raw

Alberto Del Rio

R-Truth

Jack Swagger

The Miz

Alex Riley

Evan Bourne

Rey Mysterio

Kofi Kingston

Like to win: R-Truth

Think will win: Alberto Del Rio

Smackdown

Justin Gabriel

Heath Slater

Wade Barrett

Sheamus

Sin Cara

Kane

Cody Rhodes

Daniel Bryan

Like to win: Cody Rhodes

Think will win: Sheamus

I think it's going to be Del Rio and Rhodes winning, then Punk beating Cena.

Vince tells Rhodes to cash in on Punk. Rhodes loses. Vince then demands Del Rio cashes in and he wins.

I am not a fan at all of one or both MITB winners cashing in at the PPV. Kane cashed his in at last years PPV, so it is kinda a rehash. Also, MITB can help make a guy. It helped Edge, Miz and even Punk reach a higher level. Giving Rhodes that months long 'briefcase push' could really help him out.

I'd like to see Del Rio win the RAW MITB and then announce ahead of time he is cashing it in at the main event of SummerSlam. Destiny or something. I may be wrong, but I think RVD is the only MITB winner to announce ahead of time when he is cashing it in. The 'sneak attack' cash in is getting a little played. For Smackdown? Have Barrett or Rhodes win the MITB and get the longer, slow build for their heelish cash in later on in the year. Also, I really hope one of this years winners loses and does not win the title.