Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've kind of been expecting this for the past year or so. The second I heard it was Sweeney, I instantly thought "suicide".

Dude had some major mental issues and was totally in the wrong business for that kind of thing. Had a lot of talent though.

TNA Wrestling star Jeff Hardy was scheduled to appear in court to face charges stemming from his September 2009 arrest, however the case will once again be continued.

One day we'll find out what happens, but who the hell knows when that day will be. How this case has been postponed this many times is completely crazy.

Source

Yeah, that really sucks.

I mean, I get it. From what I’ve heard, Vince doesn’t see Christian as a major star, and I never expected the guy to win the title until Del Rio was drafted to RAW and the situation changed even further. But holy fuck, why would you make him drop the belt that quickly, with no build up? He won a battle royal to fight against the guy who "took him out" last year and busted his ass to win a ladder match to get the title. And you're going to give the title to Orton, who has only just been drafted to Smackdown, just two days later? Even if they wanted to get the title off of Christian quickly, surely it couldn't have hurt to wait until the next PPV.

Honestly, I don't see why Orton even needs the title, but whatever. Sometimes I think people tend to be a bit too negative about the current state of the WWE, whereas I feel like things are -for the most part- actually pretty good right now. But this decision leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Word going round, is that TNA wants to change their names to iMPACT wrestling.

Also, the spoiler:

Orton beating Christian is what is shit. If what was someone new beating Christian, it'd be a lot better. But Orton has been rammed down people's throats for over a year now, and he's on Smackdown two nights, and he beats the man who's been working his ass off on the brand for two years since going to SD, I think that's what really sucks.

Nah, I'm more annoyed that Christian, after all that, only held the title for a couple of days. To lose it without any build up whatsoever just seems ridiculous to me. You could swap Orton for someone like Cody Rhodes, who I really like, and I'd still be annoyed. Randy is going to be pushed no matter what, but at least build up to something worthwhile rather than doing it like this.

Who knows, maybe they'll do something interesting with this in the next couple of weeks. I really doubt it though.

The only logical step I see at this point is a Christian heel turn. He has the motivation for it and I think a good story could be told there, not to mention that Smackdown has no main event heels to speak of. The only problem is that I don't want to boo Christian. The guy has been a heel most of his tenure, worked his ass off to achieve his dream, and finally won the title in spite of everything. That's someone I want to get behind. If anything, Orton should be the heel.

As many of you may now know, the top story on the internet today is the fact that Randy Orton defeated Christian at the Smackdown taping last night to become the new World Heavyweight Champion. After speaking to several key WWE insiders, WrestleZone can now provide details behind why WWE decided to book this major title change just days after Christian won the title at Extreme Rules.

To begin with, as we exclusively reported several days ago, Randy Orton is set to become the focal point of the Smackdown brand, and the entire Friday night show will be centered around him from both a marketing and creative standpoint. Orton's position on Smackdown can be compared to John Cena's position on Raw, as WWE looks at both talents as the creative centers of their respective brands.

Additionally, we were told that Christian's title win at Extreme Rules was done not so much as a "well deserved win for Christian," but much more so that a big moment could be made for Edge at the PPV. "Vince [McMahon] could smell, touch and taste a moment between Edge and Christian celebrating on PPV, and that's the major reason why Christian was awarded the title." This dispels any conspiracy theories that Christian was awarded the title to keep it on Smackdown, as we were told it would have been very easy for WWE to throw a third party into the Extreme Rules match which would have kept the title off Christian and still on Smackdown.

As to the question of why WWE stripped Christian of the title so shortly after his win at Extreme Rules, WZ was told that no one in WWE with any kind of influence values Christian as a top money draw for the company. Christian is well liked, and is considered, as we were told, "a reliable hand," but when it comes to being a top player in WWE, Vince McMahon has absolutely no faith in him.

Brian Gewirtz, who is the head writer on Raw, and also oversees the entire writing staff in general, which means he does have influence on the direction of Smackdown, is said to be a big supporter of Christian, but other than him, there appears to be no other members of WWE's top brass that consider Christian to be a major player. And yet, we're told by our key WWE insider that even Gewirtz wouldn't speak up for Christian as a top draw. "Brian knows Christian is a very entertaining wrestler," we were told, "but even he knows Christian should not be the number one guy on either brand."

As we said, however, Christian is still considered to be a quality worker and a reliable hand for WWE, and we were even told that a possible producer/agent position might be available for him when his wrestling days are over, but as far as Christian ever working at the top of a WWE brand, that seems to be a very unlikely possibility.

Source