Random wrestling thoughts

-- According to the latest issue of Figure Four Weekly, the current average number of buys per TNA Wrestling pay-per-view event is approximately 17,000 in North America.

By comparison, the average TNA Wrestling pay-per-view event garnered approximately 26,500 North American buys in 2007, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

These numbers are based on sources within TNA Wrestling. The organization doesn't publicly release pay-per-view buy numbers.

Source

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bp14.jpg

Awesome!

The Flying Cholitas, Bolivia: Lucha libre (Bolivian wrestling), is one of the most popular sports in the country. Women wrestlers are known as cholitas and have in the last ten years become popular in the sport. Carmen Rosa and Yulia la Pacena perform in a benefit show to raise money for the bathrooms of a school in La Paz, Bolivia, June 26, 2010.

To the surprise of no one except the people who really thought it was Sting, person in the promos is The Undertaker.

Then Triple H shows up as Undertaker is doing his promo.

It wasn't the fact that Triple H showed up that shocked me, as much as it was him showing up right away after Taker got in the ring.

Not a word said, and yet I was on the edge of my fucking seat for all of it.

Edit: King just challenged Cole to a match at Wrestlemania. I cannot wait to see that.

Finished Jericho's new book earlier today. I do think that some of the jokes are too pop culture related. How will the Justin Beiber jokes go over if someone picks up this book in ten years? Also, the time line was kinda jumpy. I understand trying to keep the Fozzy and WWE parts kinda separate, but it got a little confusing.

All in all, it was a good read and I think I shall read his first book.

You know what? I'm a Cody Rhodes fan. Since starting the new gimmick and moving to SD! he's really improved in-ring but this latest deal shows that he's got what it takes both in character and in promos. Cody vs Rey will probably steal the show at Mania, they'd better get 15-20 minutes.

You know what? I'm a Cody Rhodes fan. Since starting the new gimmick and moving to SD! he's really improved in-ring but this latest deal shows that he's got what it takes both in character and in promos. Cody vs Rey will probably steal the show at Mania, they'd better get 15-20 minutes.

He is pretty f-n awesome/dashing.

Finally finished the most violent matches of ECW DVD. It was mostly crap, but two things struck me.

1) I miss Yoshihiro Tajiri.

2) I think that bleeding is rather unneeded. Seemed like every match had blood in the first three minutes for no reason other than because they could. It just doesn't work for me. I don't need to see Ric Flair bleed every time he looks at someone funny.

Also, NOTHING can be worse than what Eddy Guerrero did versus JBL.

2) I think that bleeding is rather unneeded. Seemed like every match had blood in the first three minutes for no reason other than because they could. It just doesn't work for me. I don't need to see Ric Flair bleed every time he looks at someone funny.

I think it adds something when done right. Like HBK VS Undertaker in the original Hell in a Cell match. Shawn crawling out of the pool of his own blood to pin Taker is one of the greatest things I've ever seen in wrestling.

I think blood has just been a victim of extreme overkill, and needed time to breath. Something WWE is trying to do, with having blood slowly come back in when needed. Like with Punk on Raw, and Edge on Smackdown bleeding slightly, and nobody stopping the match/covering the blood.

Flair, in a few years, will probably end up holding a sign in a parking lot in the middle of nowhere reading "Will bleed for food. Woooo!"

Edit: I just watched the Eddie/JBL match. Jesus Christ.

Edited by SuaveStar

I think it adds something when done right. Like HBK VS Undertaker in the original Hell in a Cell match. Shawn crawling out of the pool of his own blood to pin Taker is one of the greatest things I've ever seen in wrestling.

That is my point really. When done right and rarely, it can add to a match and give a 'holy shit' type moment.

In other news: Why have Smackdown? It has been mostly a recap of RAW. Lame.

That is my point really. When done right and rarely, it can add to a match and give a 'holy shit' type moment.

In other news: Why have Smackdown? It has been mostly a recap of RAW. Lame.

If you think Smackdown is bad for that, you need to watch nXt.