Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, it's too late to say I was.

This is going to look bad for TNA, Kurt Angle as champion being arrested for drugs and for stalking a woman, even if not true looks bad for them

The problems with Jarrett and Karen are now going to look weird and just going to have the whole company look horrible to the outside world.

If Hard Justice was built as a good PPV with the world championship match meaning something this could've looked worse.

I just read that Angle did have a prescription for the drugs in the car.

Also Eugene has been fired, does anyone care?

Does anyone ever hear about AJ Styles sleeping with Christopher Daniels' wife? Samoa Joe getting DUIs? Beer Money refusing to do house shows? The Motor City Machine Guns refusing to do jobs?

If TNA elevated these guys two years ago, they wouldn't need Angle or Jarrett, and wouldn't have these sort of headaches today.

Does anyone ever hear about AJ Styles sleeping with Christopher Daniels' wife? Samoa Joe getting DUIs? Beer Money refusing to do house shows? The Motor City Machine Guns refusing to do jobs?

If TNA elevated these guys two years ago, they wouldn't need Angle or Jarrett, and wouldn't have these sort of headaches today.

I'm pretty sure its tough to elevate people based on a stable home life vs perceived stardom. Besides, Kurt was married with kid when he started with TNA, and Jarrett was married with kids right from the start, not to mention he was booker. I agree that Styles, Daniels, Joe, MCMG and Beer Money are better long term prospects and should be treated as such, but sometimes these things can't be completely anticipated.

I'm pretty sure its tough to elevate people based on a stable home life vs perceived stardom. Besides, Kurt was married with kid when he started with TNA, and Jarrett was married with kids right from the start, not to mention he was booker. I agree that Styles, Daniels, Joe, MCMG and Beer Money are better long term prospects and should be treated as such, but sometimes these things can't be completely anticipated.

The point is that they should have been elevating guys anyway. Obviously they're not going to give out pushes based on personal life stability, but stuff like this is just another consequence of a stagnated product.

The point is that they should have been elevating guys anyway. Obviously they're not going to give out pushes based on personal life stability, but stuff like this is just another consequence of a stagnated product.

True. It should have been obvious to everyone in TNA that their top guys have a very limited shelf life and they need to create stars to combat that problem. As much as I hate Russo the one thing he does try to do is push new talent, its probably the biggest upside of Angle going off the rails recently.

• 2 weeks later...

Rey Mysterio has been suspended for thirty days.

I can't help but think about how this is a guy that lost a friend to drug use just 5 years ago, and he's still putting himself at risk for the sake of a business that won't give a shit about him when he's gone.

In other news, Russo is gone from TNA, but the top candidate for a replacement booker right now is Kurt Angle, which would be a lateral move in terms of what's good for the company. They could have Jim Cornette booking from a napkin that he writes on in his bathroom and the show would improve tenfold.

In other news, Russo is gone from TNA, but the top candidate for a replacement booker right now is Kurt Angle, which would be a lateral move in terms of what's good for the company. They could have Jim Cornette booking from a napkin that he writes on in his bathroom and the show would improve tenfold.

Please let it be true.

Anyway, TNA talks about how they beat WWE in the UK, credit to one of my friends for pointing this out.

iMPACT is on Bravo over here, which is on the basic Sky TV package, ECW/Raw/Smackdown all primarily appear on Sky Sports, which costs 15 a month on it's own for those channels on top of your package.

So, TNA beats WWE in the ratings in the UK, yes, because more people have access to Bravo that Sky Sports.

Still, if you find something to throw in the face of your competition, good for them. Also all TNA PPV's appear for free on Bravo, you have to pay extra for half the WWE PPV's.

Got the Rise and Fall of WCW DVD. WWE is really starting to slip on their documentaries. The Starrcade one was pretty horrible, but this one isn't much better. It skips complete chunks of time, about 10 minutes is spent on the nWo, Sting, despite being on the cover, is completely ignored, as if he never existed, and the Four Horsemen, I don't think are ever mentioned by name. Also, the match list is pretty poor.

Anyone thinking of buying it, save your money.

I was actually quite impressed with the matchlist thus far. This is where I got to.

-Flair/TA was fun

-The 6-man tag was pretty fun al things considered. Just a look at the 6 guys in it should suggest it.

-Windham/Rhodes was kinda plodding, but look at the heat they got for a long-ass clawhold spot. Ending did suck admittedly.

-Flair/Steamboat.....awesome. If you are a fan and haven't seen this match, you fail. Hard.

-MNX/RNRX was good, the ending as a pretty cool idea but botched a bit. There had to have been better matches between these two.

-MNX/Southern Boys was a really really good match, I never heard of the Southern Boys before (knew of Smothers, but not much) but that match was flippin sweet.

Totally random, but I really hope Ted DiBiase gets to be a main eventer soon, when I saw his first promo, which was damn good, I hoped he'd be main eventing and I hope he turns on Orton and has a match with him at Mania, like the original HHH vs Orton match should have been, a slow builder.

It's too early in his WWE career for that. The only way I see him getting main event status any time soon is if Orton gets injured.

Batista on a radio show recently:

The host then asks what its like to work with such hot women and does it distract him from his job. Batista says hes a professional and separates the 2 apart, he says he's been with a few of their divas but when it comes to work, he's professional. He says he's been with Melina, Kelly and he was with Rosa until a couple of months ago. The host jokes and says is he trying to complete the set of all the divas? Batista says they have the most beautiful women in the world. The host then asks if there's any other divas he'd like to hook up with next. Batista says he has a thing for twins and that they have a couple of those.

I am just a tad jealous.

Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuiness have both been signed by WWE.

TNA is finished with Jenna Moresca, and Angelina Love has been let go because her work visa ran out.

I really see Danielson getting wasted. Nigel has more of a chance, but since he's a Brit, chances are he'll be teaming with Regal like all the others.

As for Angel Williams, she's a living Barbie Doll that can actually work. Even if TNA doesn't take her back, WWE will.