Random wrestling thoughts

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wrestlezone article.

According to reports at PWInsider.com, former Ring Of Honor champion Nigel McGuinness has officially signed with TNA Wrestling as opposed to WWE, as was originally rumored.

McGuinness is backstage at the iMPACT! taping in Orlando as we speak

Also: Initial story on the site.

ProWrestling.net is reporting that former Ring of Honor talent Nigel McGuinness will most likely be heading to TNA Wrestling instead of WWE. It's being reported that McGuinness is currently backstage at the TNA Impact tapings in Orlando, and word is that he either has or is going to sign a contract with the company.

Additionally, it is being rumored that Bryan Danielson, another former Ring of Honor talent who announced he was WWE-bound, might also be considering signing with TNA. The feeling is that WWE has taken too long to sign both McGuinness and Danielson, so TNA decided to come in and sign them while they were still free agents.

Both talents announced awhile back that they had agreed in principle with WWE, which means that although discussions had taken place, no contract had officially been signed with WWE by either wrestler.

Also, the rumour is Booker T is done with TNA.

For some reason or another I have decided to give wrestling (more specifically WWE) another chance. I haven't watched regularly for a few years. And, I don't know if I am enjoying it as much as I used to. I have kept up to date mostly, so I kinda know what is going on, but still seems like the same old same old.

Don't get me wrong, I love being able to see CM Punk become a star. I have been a huge fan since I saw him wrestle an hour at a crappy fairgrounds for a couple hundred people. But overall, it has more background noise than anything.

I think I will give it a few more weeks, just because, and see if I get more interested.

This is the only thing that could have saved that company. Now there are rumors of Flair coming also. Seriously, how much money does this company have? I would have thought they were on the verge of bankruptcy by now.

Somehow TNA is profitable now.

That could just mean they are making $1 every year.

They rented out 3 thousand seat arenas on there overseas tour and only brought in 800. I don't see how they are making a profit.

This is the only thing that could have saved that company. Now there are rumors of Flair coming also. Seriously, how much money does this company have? I would have thought they were on the verge of bankruptcy by now.

They rented out 3 thousand seat arenas on there overseas tour and only brought in 800. I don't see how they are making a profit.

They were rumoured profitable a couple of years back, when they started doing house shows and overseas tours. After the first round the house shows diminished except for the UK, and since then and with the financial crisis no-one is claiming TNA is profitable.

As for high value names? Spike paid for Kurt Angle, I suppose they will pay for the higher value names coming in now. Certainly Hogan would qualify as a name that would bring the show greater recognition to the benefit of the channel. I'm theorising that the Hulkamania tour is co-promoting with TNA so TNA will fill out the undercard of those overseas tours and they can split the profit. If that's the case then Hogan, Flair, Umaga and whoever else is under contract for that tour will probably be available to work TNA cheaper than usual in order to promote the tour itself. That is unless Bischoff really stuck it to them in negotiations and actually got them to foot the full-price bill for all that talent.

I'm betting its an exchange. TNA talent works the Hulkamania tour cheap, with TNA forgoing their percentage of the talents usual cost for working in an outside promotion in exchange for a piece of the gate. In exchange Hulkamania tour talent works TNA with the actual Hulkamania tour company forgoing their percentage of what those guys would be paid for working in TNA.

They have their TV deal with Spike, and internationally, their doing better than WWE, again with TV audience.

Your forgetting that TNA iMPACT: The videogame, that piece of shit bombed so badly people believe it was the downfall of Midway.

Saw the WWE episode of South Park. Sort of a perfect example of a modern day South Park episode. Parker and Stone latch onto something, do the minimum amount of research possible, have one character the voice of reason while everyone else in the town is a complete fool, rinse, repeat.

Maybe in the late 90s this would have been more relevant, but now it just seems misinformed and sort of pointless.

Saw the WWE episode of South Park. Sort of a perfect example of a modern day South Park episode. Parker and Stone latch onto something, do the minimum amount of research possible, have one character the voice of reason while everyone else in the town is a complete fool, rinse, repeat.

Maybe in the late 90s this would have been more relevant, but now it just seems misinformed and sort of pointless.

It was a terrible episode. Probably the worst I've ever seen.

TNA really is going to be WCW:

It looks like Hulk Hogan's role in TNA Wrestling may extend beyond TV appearances and the occasional match.

Radio personality Bubba The Love Sponge, a close personal friend of Hogan's, has posted some comments on his Twitter page that will be of interest to everybody.

He wrote, "[Hogan] is the boss. Period. Him and Eric biscoff will run the show. Things are going to get interesting. Vince is going to have a shit fit." He later added, "The boss boss. No work. He wouldn't go back to only be the work boss. He is the boss boss. Promise"

When asked by one of his Twitter follows what he meant by Hogan being the "boss", he clarified by saying, "He is the Booker. Period. Saw it in his contract. Terry and Eric won't make the same mistakes that they made at wcw."

When asked by one of his Twitter follows what he meant by Hogan being the "boss", he clarified by saying, "He is the Booker. Period. Saw it in his contract. Terry and Eric won't make the same mistakes that they made at wcw."

The short term memory of people in the wrestling business amazes me. Hogan booking WCW is part of what killed it.

I wonder what gimmick Brutus Beefcake is going to have this time.

Let's cover some of the 'mistakes' that they think they won't do, but we know they will.....

- Hogan will have the title in under 12 months

- WWF rejects and high profile indy wrestlers will be brought it for a quick pop, but with absolutely no long term plan

- Spending an offensive amount of money on said talent

- An offensive amount of cronyism and nepotism

- Retrying some form of NWO

- Giving away the most anticipated match of the year (Goldberg vs Hogan) on TV instead of as a PPV match (although I actually thought that made sense at the time)

Feel free to add more

I wonder what gimmick Brutus Beefcake is going to have this time.

I was actually wondering if that meant Jimmy Hart, Beefcake, and Brian Knobbs will be in TNA now since they seem to follow Hogan everywhere he goes.

its no wonder that Hogan has knee and back issues, he's always carrying those gomers around with him.

Let's cover some of the 'mistakes' that they think they won't do, but we know they will.....

- Hogan will have the title in under 12 months

- WWF rejects and high profile indy wrestlers will be brought it for a quick pop, but with absolutely no long term plan

- Spending an offensive amount of money on said talent

- An offensive amount of cronyism and nepotism

- Retrying some form of NWO

- Giving away the most anticipated match of the year (Goldberg vs Hogan) on TV instead of as a PPV match (although I actually thought that made sense at the time)

Feel free to add more

1. This would be horrible, but hey they gave it to Foley so it will happen.

2. They already do this.

3. They already do this.

4. This was happening, but not so much now. It will happen again with Hogan there.

5. It will happen. I bet they even try to go to war with WWE.

6. They need to get people to watch the show, then build up the PPVs. Right now they do the opposite. Nobody is going to spend money on something they won't even watch for free.