Random wrestling thoughts

I think he'd be willing to do it just to try and repair his reputation, get a WWE video package out there highlighting the positives and he can live off the publicity for a while. On the other hand I can't see any way that its not monumentally stupid to give this guy a live mic on any of WWE's public forums. Only guy in wrestling who says worse things is the Iron Sheik, and they only let him on RAW because no-one could ever take him seriously.

The HOF ceremony isn't shown live, so he can say all he wants. He'll just get edited. Plus, he'd get sued if he said anything bad about WWE.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he'd be willing to do it just to try and repair his reputation, get a WWE video package out there highlighting the positives and he can live off the publicity for a while. On the other hand I can't see any way that its not monumentally stupid to give this guy a live mic on any of WWE's public forums. Only guy in wrestling who says worse things is the Iron Sheik, and they only let him on RAW because no-one could ever take him seriously.

The HOF ceremony isn't shown live, so he can say all he wants. He'll just get edited. Plus, he'd get sued if he said anything bad about WWE.

There are usually several thousand people there including a great many fans. Plus I believe that they have shown it live on WWE.com in recent years.

McCool's little song about "Piggy James" made Mickey James cry? Seriously?

What is this, junior high school?

Wow. Way to completely undermine the credibility of your top Diva, guys.

BTW - Never let McCool sing again. Never. That was painful.

To be fair, a woman crying because someone else is relentlessly insulting their weight isn't the most far out idea in the world.

The whole angle was worthless anyway, but that's besides the point.

To be fair, a woman crying because someone else is relentlessly insulting their weight isn't the most far out idea in the world.

Perhaps not, nut we're talking about a woman who is supposed to be tough as nails. She's taken a beating from Beth Phoenix, and won. Many men would cry after taking some of those moves from Phoenix, but not MJ. It's not even as if she was relentlessly insulted or hounded prior to breaking down and "crying" - she had just whupped on Scary Spice.

If WWE wants us to have sympathy for MJ, have her take a few 2-on-1 beatings. Have McCool play the cowardly heel and get herself disqualified a couple times to keep her title. But crying because of a minor insult? Please. The realistic response would have been to mock McCool's ear-piercing shrieking that passes for "singing." The whole angle is shamelessly misogynistic, almost as insulting as the morbidly obese Jim Ross mocking Molly Holly for being "fat."

I want Punk to feud with Cena after that promo Punk did last night, it showed how much of a self righteous prick his character can be, and how he looks his nose down to everyone. Also, the end when he said "Through these sober eyes, I can see you" which was nice.

Watched the end of Raw, that contract signing to me made Sheamus looks good.

Also, HHH loves the guy, he sees himself in Sheamus.

The only thing I don't like is that it's a tables match, I know the PPV is called TLC, but I was really looking forward to the match, up until that reveal.

The only thing I don't like is that it's a tables match, I know the PPV is called TLC, but I was really looking forward to the match, up until that reveal.

Heres the thing on tables matches. The end result is going trough a table, which is fun to see, but it only happens once unless you get real creative like Hardys vs Dudleys at the Rumble in 2000. To make this worse, I just saw Cena put through a table. Hell, I just saw Orton put through one too. What is the PPV selling me that I haven't already seen? Yes the match could be fun, but it won't feel like a real championship match and it won't let Sheamus look like a killer because he won't win.

Why not have a best of 3 thing, first to two tables wins? Something that garantees the buying public something they won't see on Raw. Its not like table bumps are the most taxing thing in the world, they generally soften the big bumps. I have no reason to give a crap about Cena vs Sheamus, beyond my basic curiosity over whether he'll squash him like he did Miz or if they'll nut up and elevate someone already.

Watched Raw this week. I was alright background noise. I was only really interested in the Punk/Cena match.

As for the TLC PPV, I think it is a lame idea. Table matches rarely are fun for me (The aforementioned Hardys/Dudleys match is an exception). I have no idea what a chair match is, and a ladder match will be lost on PPV with 1+ TLC matches.

It's been reported this week that major changes are coming to WWE in the early months of 2010, with the ECW brand likely being shut down. According to a report on PWInsider.com, WWE also has big changes in store for the SmackDown brand. The feeling is that Raw has enhanced its identity with the Guest Host concept and SmackDown needs something of its own to stand out. While nothing official has been decided on yet, it's believed that any big changes will take place after year ends.

Good. Three brands is too many. ECW is basically the WWE tv farm league, and isn't treated as a brand in the same league as the others on their ppvs.

From what I'm reading, a renaming and restructuring of ECW is more likely than a full shutdown, though time will tell.

If it shuts down, then that means less spots across the board, but Smackdown needs strong babyfaces, and Christian is being wasted right now.

1Source

Former WWE stars Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson, Bobby Lashley and Pope D'Angelo Dinero (Elijah Burke) have all tweeted today concerning the breaking news of Umaga being hospitalized. Although we have not received direct confirmation of Umaga's death, the tweet posted by Lashley seems to imply that the former WWE star is in fact dead. Below are the wrestler's tweets:

Bobby Lashley: "Very sad day today. A good friend is gone."

About 3 hours after posting the the above Tweet, Bobby Lashley then posted "Say a prayer for Umaga."

Ken "Mr. Kennedy" Anderson: "Say a prayer for my boy Umaga"

D'Angelo Dinero (aka Elijah Burke): "Pope was informed many hours ago of my friend Umaga. Pope will not comment until the family speaks, neither should you. Prayer is key! ~ PHS"