Creative Team For Batman and Robin Announced

Koete

So, who's the new Red Hood?

My money is on:

Joker. He knows that "the Real" Batman is dead and this is his way of dealing with it. Without Batman, he just becomes Batman, albeit a more violent one. The only thing that makes me think otherwise is his body shape. Hood is awfully ripped to be Joker.

It could also be Jason Todd, but that would be a huge let down.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My money is on:

Joker. He knows that "the Real" Batman is dead and this is his way of dealing with it. Without Batman, he just becomes Batman, albeit a more violent one. The only thing that makes me think otherwise is his body shape. Hood is awfully ripped to be Joker.

I agree. I think the "clue" at the end of issue four was a red herring.

Nah, I'm thinking that

Oberon Sexton and Hood are Joker's way of re-creating Bruce Wayne and Batman, in Joker's scarred, shattered, sort of way. Especially considering that Sexton was "scarred by the men who murdered his wife," which sounds rather 'Killing Joke' to me.

It could be.

Joker was nearly killed by Damien at the end of R.I.P. It would be weird him going back to his previous role.

The way I see it

Without Batman, Joker is wearing the costume of the criminal he was before he met Batman.

Also, in case anyone didn't read it, Pyg, a dollotron, and Flamingo were in Batman #666.

Also:

Without Batman, there is no joke. Joker has nothing to laugh about. I've seen people pointing to Hood's "Heh." to Scarlette as evidence that he's Jason Todd. I like to think that 'Heh.' is all the laugh Joker can muster up without Bats.

That's how I read it too. I see it as a subtle nod to who's really behind the Red Hood, as opposed to the blatant red herring at the end.

6:05:57 PM Preston: I have a new, crazy theory about Red Hood.

6:06:02 PM Preston: What if...

6:06:09 PM Preston: It *is* Bruce Wayne.

6:06:25 PM Hannah Krueger: ....Okay, tell me how that would work?

6:07:25 PM Preston: Bruce gets back from his lifetimes of punishment, and is totally fucking warped. He picks up the guise of Red Hood, because he is, without a doubt, still going to fight corruption.

6:07:53 PM Preston: He reaches out to a scarred little girl, as she's the kinda of sparrow with a broken wing that he's always attracted.

6:09:10 PM Preston: But, he dyes her hair red, so she matches one of his greatest failures (Bab's paralysis) and dresses himself up as two of his own failures (Joker and Jason Todd.)

6:09:23 PM Hannah Krueger: ...This is crazy enough that it would work.

6:09:35 PM Hannah Krueger: I like this idea. A lot.

6:09:45 PM Preston: I mean, it's not.

6:09:53 PM Preston: But, it totally would work.

6:10:18 PM Hannah Krueger: It's Morrison, there's a chance something like this could happen. :P

6:11:29 PM Hannah Krueger: The way he talks, though, I still think it's gonna be Joker.

6:11:57 PM Preston: Me too.

6:12:12 PM Preston: Haha. Or Victor Freeze.

6:12:19 PM Preston: Out of nowhere, it's Freeze. :P

6:12:46 PM Preston: Or, even better.

6:12:51 PM Preston: It's Killer Croc.

6:14:22 PM Hannah Krueger: ...How many IQ points would Killer Croc have to spontaneously obtain for that to happen? :P

6:14:42 PM Preston: Oh, also, he ate Riddler's brain and gained his power.

6:15:29 PM Hannah Krueger: Super intelligence?

6:15:31 PM Hannah Krueger: That would do it.

6:15:44 PM Preston: Even better.

6:15:47 PM Preston: It's Grodd.

6:15:54 PM Hannah Krueger: Rh'as. :P

6:16:04 PM Preston: Grodd >>> Ra's

6:16:34 PM Hannah Krueger: True.

6:16:38 PM Hannah Krueger: Penguin?

6:16:46 PM Hannah Krueger: :P

6:16:47 PM Preston: Hahaha

6:16:51 PM Preston: Wait, wait.

6:16:55 PM Preston: Superman.

6:17:01 PM Hannah Krueger: SUPERBOY PRIME.

6:17:05 PM Preston: HAHAHAHAHAH

6:17:08 PM Preston: YES.

6:18:32 PM Preston: "I'm going to kill you to death! By shooting you! With Bullets! RRRAAAARL!"

Also, in case anyone didn't read it, Pyg, a dollotron, and Flamingo were in Batman #666.

Yeah, its cool that Morrison laid the foundation for all these new criminals this far back. Hurt and his cronies were failures because they were all introduced at the same time with no opportunity to see them for anything more than extravagantly dressed muscle for The Black Glove. The establishment of Pyg and his MO sheds light on the events of Batman 666, and they've also built up Flamingo individually as well. Its also interesting that the big villian of that issue is the fallen Batman who is currently Azrael.

• 2 weeks later...

My money is on:

Well, we know now.

http://asylums.insanejournal.com/scans_daily/1036236.html#cutid1

IGN Comics: One of the things your Batman work has done this far is really dig into the past of the franchise, resurrecting old concepts and breathing new life into them. Will you still be doing that now that Bruce is no longer wearing the mask?

Morrison: 'Batman and Robin' mostly features all new characters, villains and situation – although some were previously glimpsed in Batman #666 - but it builds on everything that's gone before.

Des if I'm right about Dick being the dad, you have to read out "Suavestar rules" on dread media.

Deal. But if you're wrong, I get a quote in your sig for 3 months that says, "I will never doubt the brilliance that is Des again."

Just sayin'.

IGN Comics: One of the things your Batman work has done this far is really dig into the past of the franchise, resurrecting old concepts and breathing new life into them. Will you still be doing that now that Bruce is no longer wearing the mask?

Morrison: 'Batman and Robin' mostly features all new characters, villains and situation – although some were previously glimpsed in Batman #666 - but it builds on everything that's gone before.

Des if I'm right about Dick being the dad, you have to read out "Suavestar rules" on dread media.

Deal. But if you're wrong, I get a quote in your sig for 3 months that says, "I will never doubt the brilliance that is Des again."

Just sayin'.

As long as you keep to your end of the bargain, I'll keep to mine.

When talking to Newsarama Dan Didido was asked:

7) T Boogie! wrote:

When we see the Joker again, which interpretation will it be? The classic version or the one with the grin carved into his face?

Dan DiDio: We saw a little bit of the Joker in Gotham City Sirens, but the Joker comes back in full force in Grant's run of Batman and Robin.

Newsarama: So if it's Grant, then it will be Grant's interpretation of the Joker?

Dan DiDio: We're going to be following a lot of what Grant set forth with the Joker. We don't want to give away too much, but yeah, there's a good chance it will be a... very important story with the Joker when he appears. If he appears in Batman and Robin.

Newsarama: Wait, where did the "if" come from?

Dan DiDio: [laughs] Yeah, I still have to be vague don't I?

Well, Dini is using him in Sirens but the looks of issue four and five, so DC are back to not knowing what the left hand is doing when playing with the right, awesome.

That's not a fair comparison. Vertigo isn't just a group of titles with one theme, they are a totally different company, with a different EIC. I think, cause Wildstorm has Jim Lee and that's part of the DC umbrella. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, the person who is really to blame is not DiDido, it's the editor of the Bat books who is meant to keep things in check, and not have conflicting things in your titles.

Anyway, I was on eBay earlier, did anyone know that Tony Daniel did a 1:25 variant cover for Batman & Robin #3?