Koete

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might I say, fuck yeah!?

Fuck Yeah!

Dick Grayson and Damian anyone?

I'll second that "Fuck Yeah!". There were rumors Quitely was going to be on it and I'm so glad they're true. Seeing how their last collaboration was the best comic book of the decade (IMO), this is going to be brilliant.

Looks cool. I'll forgive Morrison his most recent run just because this is the exact team that knocked it out of the park with All Star Superman. Plus if it is Dick Grayson (and it should be unless we are getting a bad-boy Jason Todd/Damien duo) there will be a lot of story elements I won't want to miss.

Looking at that chin and those lips, I really don't think it's Dick. He just... doesn't have that cut to his jaw. Granted, it's one picture.

Plus, all Quietly's faces look like giant blobs of clay in profile, so...

Easy mister, you've already insulted Bob the HYDRA Agent and Quitely in one day...mind your tongue! :laugh:

Looking at that chin and those lips, I really don't think it's Dick. He just... doesn't have that cut to his jaw. Granted, it's one picture.

Plus, all Quietly's faces look like giant blobs of clay in profile, so...

Easy mister, you've already insulted Bob the HYDRA Agent and Quitely in one day...mind your tongue! :laugh:

Sorry, sorry.

IGN Comics: One of the things your Batman work has done this far is really dig into the past of the franchise, resurrecting old concepts and breathing new life into them. Will you still be doing that now that Bruce is no longer wearing the mask?

Morrison: 'Batman and Robin' mostly features all new characters, villains and situation – although some were previously glimpsed in Batman #666 - but it builds on everything that's gone before.

Des if I'm right about Dick being the dad, you have to read out "Suavestar rules" on dread media.

IGN Comics: One of the things your Batman work has done this far is really dig into the past of the franchise, resurrecting old concepts and breathing new life into them. Will you still be doing that now that Bruce is no longer wearing the mask?

Morrison: 'Batman and Robin' mostly features all new characters, villains and situation – although some were previously glimpsed in Batman #666 - but it builds on everything that's gone before.

Des if I'm right about Dick being the dad, you have to read out "Suavestar rules" on dread media.

Deal. But if you're wrong, I get a quote in your sig for 3 months that says, "I will never doubt the brilliance that is Des again."

Deal. But if you're wrong, I get a quote in your sig for 3 months that says, "I will never doubt the brilliance that is Des again."

Dammit your on!

Now to call in that Scotsman to Scotsman favour with Morrison.....

Also I don't know what to make of this and will pick up the first issue of this but I don't really know what to expect.

Does this mean the end of "Batman" which has been running for over 680 issues.

I know that Catwoman, Huntress and a few others are getting a book ala Birds of Prey.

BATMAN AND ROBIN #1

Written by Grant Morrison

Art and cover by Frank Quitely

Variant cover by JG Jones

Sketch variant cover by Frank Quitely

"Batman Reborn" begins here!

With the reunited team of Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely (ALL-STAR SUPERMAN, WE3, New X-Men), this first issue kicks off a 3-part story arc that can't be missed! The new Dynamic Duo hit the streets with a bang in their new flying Batmobile as they face off against an assemblage of villains called the Circus of Strange. They also tackle their first mission investigating a child who's been abducted by the mysterious Domino Killer. But will everything go smoothly? And who exactly are the new Batman and Robin? The newest era of The Dark Knight begins here!

Retailers please note: This issue will ship with three covers. For every 25 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Frank Quitely), retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by JG Jones). For every 250 copies of the Standard Edition, retailers may order one copy of the Sketch Variant Edition (with a cover by Frank Quitely), which is a sketch version of the Standard Edition. Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.

On sale June 3 - 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

http://comics.ign.com/articles/964/964961p1.html

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This Dynamic Duo is not going to go forever, Bruce is going to come back soon, whether its in Red Robin or in this or in whatever, Bruce Wayne will return. What is going to happen then? I don't know. Bruce either didn't die or he is going to somehow magically come back to life. If R.I.P. did not dhow a dead body then that is because Bruce Wayne will return. But I do hope this new Batman and Robin will continue for a while.