Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

As for Twin Peaks, yeah, I love Fire Walk With Me. What did you think of the ending?

As you can see by my avatar I am a huge fan of Twin Peaks. If there's one think I would say about Twin Peaks it's that it probably has the most atmosphere of any television show I've ever seen. Unfortunately though, I have yet to have seen Fire Walk With Me. I've heard mixed things about it, but I'll check it out if it's really good.

On a related note did you see the Dual Spires episode of Psych?

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fire Walk With Me has problems (it's depressing as all fuck) but it's decently acted. Sheryl Lee just knocks a home run.

Yes. It's possibly the most depressing film I have ever seen, and Laurie's sex scene in the middle, is still one of the most fucked up things I've ever seen. I thought the ending, made sense, but the film didn't bring anything new to the actual story of Twin Peaks, it just felt like the whole film was designed to get under your skin, and it damn sure did that.

It didn't add anything to the Laurie and "Bob's" relationship to me, it just sort of said "You know this from the show. By the way, he raped her, repeatedly, in the guise of her dad." And just carried on, adding nothing to the story of Laurie and Bob, which was a bit disappointing.

Laugh Anyway: The show is great, I wasn't too interested in it when I first started it, but it got so good, so fast, but the final episode, just felt like they were throwing stuff at a wall, and seeing what would stick, and making sure all the threads were tied up, which sucked.

My favourite story arc in the show:

My favourite characters to follow were Ed and Nadine, and how Ed didn't really love her, it started off slow, but when she lost her memory and he was free to be with Norma, I thought the story was great. However, the ending to the story, where Nadine gets knocked on the head, and forgets everything that happened, just sort of felt dumb.

Spoilers put, as even though the shows twenty years old now, it's on netflix UK and US and everyone should give it a watch, and I don't want to spoil any of the stories.

I had this thing in the back of my head saying "That's JGL" but it didn't look like him. These two made Brick so quite frankly their reunion is fantastic news to me. Looks great although there's a touch of the 12 Monkeys in there with Willis.

I'm never against there being more sci-fi concept films.

The adaptation of Elmore Leonard's "Freaky Deaky" boasts an impressive cast of colorful characters, including Andy Dick, Christian Slater, Billy Burke and Crispin Glover. However, action fans will spot one surprising name: Michael Jai White, whosteals the film as two-timing bodyguard Donnell Lewis. After the Tribeca Film Festival premiere of the film, White spoke of his upcoming projects -- while he doesn't have the household name of some of his co-stars, he's no less busy than all of them.

"We hope to shoot 'Black Dynamite 2' at the end of the year," he says, announcing a reprisal of the popular cult film character. The original 2009 film wasn't a massive hit though it gained a strong grassroots following and has even led to a Cartoon Network spinoff, which Jai White continues to develop. White wouldn't reveal any plot specifics, though the fake-blaxploitation angle could possibly undergo a revamp for the eighties, if he so chooses.

Source

Can you dig it?

Fox’s Saturday Late-Night Animated Block Greenlights First Series

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Tuesday April 24, 2012 @ 9:30am PDT

Fox has set the first piece in its Animation Domination HD block, which is slated to launch in the 11 PM-12:30 AM Saturday night time slot in the first quarter of 2013. Animation Domination HD, the new animation unit launched by Fox in January to generate programming for the new block and various digital platforms, has acquired the rights to the hit online comic Axe Cop. The division, headed by Nick Weidenfeld, has given an order of six quarter-hour episodes to an animated version of the comic, which has been put in development and is looking for a showrunner. Axe Cop is one of four six-episode quarter-hour animated series Weidenfeld plans to introduce in the block during its first year on the air, along with about 50 short-form shows of 1-3 minute each, which are expected to also have strong digital presence. Among the writers brought in-house to work on shorts are Arin Hanson and Marc Moceri, both of whom have popular YouTube animation channels. The goal is for the Animation Domination HD block to expand to half-hour series in the second year, Weidenfeld said.

The Axe Cop web comic was created by then five-year-old Malachai Nicolle, who did the writing, and his 29-year-old brother, Ethan, who drew it. It chronicles the adventures of an axe-wielding police officer and his loyal team of allies as they fight bad guys. The first five installments of Axe Cop were put online on January 25, 2010 and went viral in a matter of days. Weidenfeld, who worked for Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim before joining Fox, said he had pursued the rights to the comic for awhile. “Axe Cop is one of the most creative, hilarious and naturally viral comic properties to emerge in the last decade,” he said. “It has all the makings of an iconic animated series and it will help set the tone for Fox’s new late-prime Saturday animation lineup.”

Source.