Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

I just realized something about the Teen Titans cartoon: the producers had no problem demonstrating a relationship between a human and an alien, a cyborg and a cavewoman, a metamorph who prefers animal forms and a human, and a half-demon and a dragon. However, when it comes to the love shared between a gorilla and a brain in a Dalek shell, oh no! That's going too far because they're both male.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't really get everyone's surprise about this. Chevy Chase has been, ever since his days at SNL, renowned for being a world-class dickhead. Everyone who's ever worked with him in any capacity goes out of their way to expound on what an asshole the man is. Community isn't up to your usual standard, Chevy? Gee, sorry. I'd hate to sully the memory of Cops and Robbersons, buddy.

Harmon shouldn't have played that voicemail in public, and he's admitted as such, but no one can actually be shocked by it.

Chevy is actually on the ban list for hosting SNL.They do Cameos with him but yeah, the guy is an asshole. Most people that got the ban hammer did because they did something on show that was in bad taste or were constantly mugging for the camera (Sinead O'Conner, Rage Against the Machine, Martin Lawrence, Adrien Brody). Checy is one of the only one to get it for being a dick.

I always notice how they basically just take Pierce and stick him off to the side for half the episodes, he's rarely a player. Not that he's not good or significant in some of the best episodes, but the should would survive him leaving. The Dean is a bigger character right now.

Preston, keep in mind that Groening is barely involved anymore and that, and this is something the article that Dan quoted sucked at quoting. When I get home i will post a link but the general gist is the one in Oregon is the inspiration, not the real setting.

As for Twin Peaks, yeah, I love Fire Walk With Me. What did you think of the ending?

I was gonna say, because Springfield's location has been one of the few running gags that hadn't been screwed with. I mean, I hate seeing what was a huge part of my childhood as a soulless cash cow.

"Soulless" may be new/recent/since the Millenium, but one thing The Simpsons has ALWAYS been is a cash cow. Even the family Wilson at one point had a Simpsons chess set...