Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah there are a couple of lame bits in that, like when he tells her again she's going to be Taken, but other than that, it looks pretty damn good. I've watched the first one, probably 5 times. It's like Die Hard for the new generation.

What does it say that I've never seen Maggie Grace look hotter than when she was drugged up and about to be sold into a life of sex-slavery. That I am going to Hell, that's what.

The alternate reality in Fringe doesn't have a Batman. This offsets all the blimps and fancy tech and flirty evil other versions in the world, their side is no longer cool.

Seriously, why the fuck would Bruce Wayne call himself Mantis? "I shall become a Mantis!", I mean, that just sounds silly.

Do you want to watch a movie about a guy getting his bathtub pregnant? Of course you do.

http://www.tubmovie.com/

I didn't know I wanted this, until now.

Seriously, why the fuck would Bruce Wayne call himself Mantis? "I shall become a Mantis!", I mean, that just sounds silly.

Grant Morrison covered this in the RIP issues that tied into Final Crisis, where in alternate thoughts, Bruce would have became whatever creature crashed through the window that night, in one thought he became Moth-Man or something stupid, if I remember. So yeah, there is a precedent for it.

Van Helsing is an adorable bad movie. It had a real feeling like a lot of the cast knew they were making something that was going to be viewed as cheese. I don't feel like Tom Cruise can really pull that off. I feel like it will be played straight and dark.

Pretty much this.

Here's a huge problem and why this is doomed from the start: They're planning to make a realistic film about a guy who fights vampires. Look at that sentence and find the problem with it. I don't know what this guy is talking about since, yes, the new Star Trek film he wrote was also interesting, but it also didn't feel like Star Trek, it felt like a generic action film. Give me a cheesy film about an over-the-top monster hunter before another film about a GrimDark hero.

I dunno, I'm sorta played out on the really supernatural approach. I love Blade but since Underworld and all the other clones I could do without that style. This might be more in the mould of the original I am Legend, in that practical approaches and logistics are more important than heavily stylised martial arts or whatever. It hasn't really been done with Vampires, not properly. There's elements of it in Let the Right One In but not much from the hunter's POV.