Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Four films away from seeing 100 films so far this year (once I've finished ten things I hate about you). Anyone got any suggestions or ideas? I've got uk netflix, an itchy torrent finger and itunes rentals at my disposal! Plus decent odds that I already own whatever film you recommend.

Given my current miserable sick state I'll probably get to the final film by midday tomorrow, currently thinking about putting The Prestige in that headline spot. Everything else is open! Bear in mind I'd rather be happy than miserable right now.

Four films away from seeing 100 films so far this year (once I've finished ten things I hate about you). Anyone got any suggestions or ideas? I've got uk netflix, an itchy torrent finger and itunes rentals at my disposal! Plus decent odds that I already own whatever film you recommend.

Given my current miserable sick state I'll probably get to the final film by midday tomorrow, currently thinking about putting The Prestige in that headline spot. Everything else is open! Bear in mind I'd rather be happy than miserable right now.

Defendor. It finally answers the question "What is Woody Harrelson saw Kick Ass and said I could do that" it's also on UK Netflix.

Also, Kingpin is always fun to watch.

Austin Powers in Goldmember, Howard the Duck, Failure to Launch, Because I Said So, Steel, Mr Deeds, Looney Tunes: Back in Action, Mr Woodcock, Treasure Planet, Robocop 3, Herbie: Fully Loaded, Mr Popper's Penguins, Baby's Day Out, Fern Gully, The Love Guru, Jack and Jill, Bulletproof Monk, The Pacifier, The Truth About Charlie, The Avengers (1998), The Island, Soul Plane.

All films you could watch.

Thanks Ian, that is either an indication that you know how much I love bad movies or that you just flat out hate me! The Pacifier? Really?

Suave, I might hit up Defendor but I only recently watched and disliked Super, so I might need a break from the ordinary man trying to be a hero deal.

I've actually watched all but About a Boy from your suggestions in the last year or so Will. I remember liking About a Boy, might be worth a look.

I found a bad film to outstrip them all. A film so full of Frank Millerishness that I'm close to ODing. Yup, I'm watching The Spirit. It's already kind of worth it for the hot chicks, but combine that with the awful generic Miller dialogue and I'm having a ball. This looney tunes fight scene I'm on is AWESOMELY shit.

Due to a miscount I'm actually already on film 102 anyway.

Thanks Ian, that is either an indication that you know how much I love bad movies or that you just flat out hate me! The Pacifier? Really?

Can't it be both? Oh, and I actually watched The Pacifier as an inflight movie on a Russian air service. There was no English dubbing/subtitles, but I got the gist of it.

I found a bad film to outstrip them all. A film so full of Frank Millerishness that I'm close to ODing. Yup, I'm watching The Spirit. It's already kind of worth it for the hot chicks, but combine that with the awful generic Miller dialogue and I'm having a ball. This looney tunes fight scene I'm on is AWESOMELY shit.

I pussed out of reviewing The Spirit at the time, even though I did go and see it. At some point, I'm going to have to rewatch it for Comic Reel-lief, but it will be a very sad day. And it continues to reinforce my less-than-impressed view of Scarlett Johansson's acting. Come to think of it, I did see Girl with a Pearl Earring as an inflight movie on a Russian air service. There was no English dubbing/subtitles, but I got the gist of it.

It was all about the raunch this weekend at the box office. "Ted" opened as the No. 1 movie with $54.1 million, outdoing "Magic Mike" and its stripper fare, though both films over-performed, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The Mark Wahlberg and Seth MacFarlane comedy about a dirty talking teddy bear's debut is the best showing ever for an original R-rated comedy. "Ted" shattered the original R-rated comedy box office record, previously set by "The Hangover" in 2009, as predicted after its impressive Friday performance.

I figured it would do well, but I wasn't expecting it to break records.

1. Do you ever fly on an english-language flight?

2. Johansson in The Spirit suffered from a case of Portmanitis- a good actor against green screen with a shit director.

1) I flew United when I went to Chicago last year. So, no. I watched 'Faster' with The Rock. There was no English dubbing/subtitles, but I got the gist of it.

2) That's a rather damning indictment of Black Swan, sir!

Will, I'm thinking that I'll probably couple The Spirit with Sin City to chart the Best & Worst of Miller. Scar Jo can wait.

It's great that somehow the gap between the best and worst of Miller is employing Robert Rodruiguez to directly recreate his original book.

Trust me Ian, by the 8th "This city is my woman" monologue you'll be vomiting out of a desire for something else to do.

OK, Scott is being a real dick in X-men. Jean sends him a psychic message to help her, so he naturally wind up setting up a date with another woman for the following evening. WHen he gets home Jean is back from Miur Island but Cyclops says "What can I do, all these weeks of therapy and she still isn't any better!" and concludes it's hopeless. Yup. Weeks. Dude, it's you WIFE. What a complete ballbag. He is very much the Dawson in the Dawson/Joey/Pacey love triangle here, in that under no circumstances do I want him to win. This also makes Wolverine Pacey. I approve of this.

I've always cheered for Jean/Wolverine across all continuities. Scott is kinda a douchebag. Jean dies so Scott hooks up with a chick that looks exactly like her. They marry and have a kid only for Jean to come back from the dead so Scott just leaves his wife and child for his old girlfriend and doesn't seem to care one iota. When Scott dies, Jean looks for him, not giving up that he's dead. He repays her by going emo and then having a psychic affair with Emma. Scott then tries to say it doesn't count because it was just psychic. Jean dies again and Scott sticks around with Emma, lying to her quite a bit and taking her for granted. So yeah, don't be so surprised that Scott is choosing to watch Dazzler instead of staying by the side of his mentally unstable wife.

As for your analogy, it makes sense. Pacey got a lot of sex, Wolverine got a lot of sex. Still, does this mean that Wolverine ends up having sex with Xavier, causing him to lose his job?

I stand by my analogy.

Love how Jean deals with Scott's announcement that he's going out to meet that other woman. Basically "I'm fine with it but Phoenix is pretty pissed".

This storyline just expanded to include bigamy.

Gambit is totally Pepe le Pew. The X-men were pairing off with members of the Circle aka Hellfire club and Gambit basically calls White Queen and walks toward her making creepy finger gestures.