Aaron Robinson

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll add this because I can't be bothered to keep going through links-

2445670-unca_ave.jpgDoes that look like a costume variant for Spidey? Looks baggy up to the gloves, and it looks like a version of the Alex Ross movie concept-

spiderman5.jpg

Oh, and that poster is deliberately confusing. After the whole bit about who Nick Fury Jr is they throw in an older white guy with an eyepatch on the opposite side. Is it Fury Snr? No, it's flipping Cable! Seriously, I do not need this many dudes with eyepatches in my comics. I'm amazed they don't have Wolverine in as Patch.

Spidey may have the same overall costume as before, but he's got weird markings on his lenses that I don't like.

Let's go through them all:

Spider-Man: Can't see enough to tell.

Hulk: Why does he need stupid armor?

Thor: Weird angle, and he's got a crazy beard there, but I like it overall.

Jean: Classic Marvel Girl suit. I dig it.

Cable: Can't really see.

Iron Man: Not liking the black.

Nova: Fine, I guess?

Sue Storm: I like the white uniform.

Cyclops: How does he see? In the post-AVX world, have his eyes been merged into one center eye, thus making him an actual cyclops?

Fury: Cool, I suppose.

Wolverine: Love that they're keeping the blue/yellow look.

Cap: Hell to the yeah. I wouldn't mind the helmet being a little less helmety and more cowly, but it's fine.

Rocket Racoon: Just... yes. Very yes.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not saying Liefeld is one hundred percent innocent, but let's compare Mark Waid's reaction. Y'know, the Mark Waid that has actually written a Deadpool comic. Waid got upset, responded, then saw Liefeld had been misconstrued and apologized. Waid deleted his response and forgave Liefeld, like an adult.

It's pretty dickish to call someone like Fabian Nicieza D-list considering that imo he and writers like Gail Simone did FAR more for than Liefeld to construct and mould the modern Deadpool persona and fanbase. It's especially dickish to complain about how Deadpool is used considering I presume he's getting a cheque through the mail for a Deadpool video game soon. Glad he apologised.

I don't know what else people expected from Bendis, he's a highly public face of Marvel and his fellow creative teams are taking flak from a significant voice outside the company. Not saying he can't be a dick, but there's something to be said for company loyalty. Even if it's an untested writer.

Besides, much as I like him Deadpool is not a serious character and it's not a serious book.

In other news, hearing that Fraction's run on Iron Man will end in October had really depressed me. I'm a huge Gillen fan, and Greg Land is also someone who works in comics, but Fraction and Larocca's run is one of the great books of recent times and it's a damn shame to see it end.

It's pretty dickish to call someone like Fabian Nicieza D-list considering that imo he and writers like Gail Simone did FAR more for than Liefeld to construct and mould the modern Deadpool persona and fanbase. It's especially dickish to complain about how Deadpool is used considering I presume he's getting a cheque through the mail for a Deadpool video game soon. Glad he apologised.

He didn't call Nicieza and Simone D-List. He called the people constantly being put on and shuffled off the book in the past several years D-List. Liefeld has a great respect and love for Nicieza and Simone. You may forget that much of his career was made on the back of Nicieza's scripts. And he's worked with Simone a few times too.

He didn't call Nicieza and Simone D-List. He called the people constantly being put on and shuffled off the book in the past several years D-List. Liefeld has a great respect and love for Nicieza and Simone. You may forget that much of his career was made on the back of Nicieza's scripts. And he's worked with Simone a few times too.

But the only guy who has been writing the main Deadpool book since Nicieza's Cable and Deadpool ended is Daniel Way. Literally the only guy, for almost 60 issues now.

And the other series? Deadpool Max- David Lapham, hardly a new face. Deadpool Team-up- Fred Van Lente. I mean, you could argue Gischler on Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth but they also gave that guy X-men, so clearly it wasn't them foisting a new name on an out of the way book. And Gischler worked with Leifeld on Deadpool Corps!

I mean, I'm not claiming these men are superstars or anything, but they're good writers with track records for the most part. It's fine, Leifeld apologised, but his original comment doesn't have much merit.

To be entirely fair, Daniel Way and Victor Gischler are easily the worst things to ever happen to Deadpool. Way is awful.

Which is kind of hilarious, because Way did very well with Deadpool in Wolverine Origins. The four issue fight DP and Wolverine had was actually awesome.

Well, there was Joe Casey and a slew of people who wrote other Deadpool books. You can't forget that a couple eyasr ago, there were like four DP monthlies.

Des, I didn't forget, that's why I listed all of them. I can't find the Joe Casey Deadpool book though.

I can't agree or disagree there Preston, I bought the newer Deadpool series on the strength of that Wolverine duel as well, but dropped it after 10-15 issues. Which wasn't because I hated the book (thought it was fine, but average), but more because Marvel as a whole burned me out on the character, as it did yourself and a lot of other people. Gischler I'm not fond of anyway, so I didn't buy his book. He's part of the whole stupid redesign of Dracula to make him a generic modern vampire.

It's completely fair to accuse Marvel of burning people out on Deadpool, or using writers you don't like. I just think the D-list thing is extremely harsh.