S.H.I.E.L.D.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

For some reason I am still watching this, and I have to say that the last two episodes have felt like a course correction. Like, even the showrunners are tired of "Who is Skye?" and "How did Coulson survive?" and are finally moving on those so the show can just start doing its thing.

They're saying that the latter 9 episodes of SHIELD season 1 are where the show finally gets itself figured out good. We shall see.

Who's they?

ABC president Paul Lee. He was talking up the show at the TCAs last week. Apparently the back nine are the episodes filmed after the initial 13-episode order and after they got feedback from the show's airing.

Honestly, I can still see the seeds of a good show in there. It's buried under a lot of mediocre crap, but it's there. And except for Firefly, Whedon shows historically take time to get rolling. I think that's why I'm still giving it a shot. Also, it's not terrible, it's just not living up to what it could be. I can kill 45 minutes while checking Facebook, and if the episode catches my interest - which the last couple have - then there's hope for it.

Unless we're inclined to ask for internet fairy assistance, the show isn't coming back from the mid-season break in the UK until March so that British audiences don't get so puzzled by season interruptions. For my part, I'll pick the show back up then - I'll watch the show, because it isn't offensively bad or anything, but I'm in no desperate need to keep up with the US run.

Unless we're inclined to ask for internet fairy assistance, the show isn't coming back from the mid-season break in the UK until March so that British audiences don't get so puzzled by season interruptions. For my part, I'll pick the show back up then - I'll watch the show, because it isn't offensively bad or anything, but I'm in no desperate need to keep up with the US run.

Is that why new Arrow hasn't shown up yet?

But Arrow is obviously rubbish. It's a CW superhero show. :P

Actually I've never watched it, but despite again being a big Green Arrow fan I've absolutely no desire to. I think I'm totally spoiled by good television, once you've watched Breaking Bad it's hard to go back to formulaic network shows.

Can't help you with that - I've not been following Arrow.

You watch Agents of C.R.A.P. and you don't watch Arrow??? :holyshit:

Correct this error immediately sir! :P

Arrow is one of those DC shows and obviously I don't trust DC to do right by any of their properties ever. Not now Marvel has won all media ever.

Arrow is one of those DC shows and obviously I don't trust DC to do right by any of their properties ever. Not now Marvel has won all media ever.

That was my opinion when I first heard about it. Then I started watching it. It's not perfect, and sometimes it is a typical CW show, but It's worth the watch.

And Marvel hasn't won all media. DC still do amazing animated movies.

• 2 weeks later...

Shield, baby, let's you and me have a talk. This was one of your better episodes. The fact that Stan Lee showed up in it may have something to do with it. But the fact that

they might actually killing off Skye might have something to do with it. Seriously, go for it. And seeing Coulson telling Ward off for being in such a snit about the sex thing was fantastic.

These last few episodes that I've been catching up on have been decent. But the thing is, they all focused on either the academy, Coulson and Fitzsimmons, or things gone horribly wrong. Like, if they keep going this direction, maybe I won't hate half the team like I do now (seriously, Skye, Ward, and Melinda wear on my patience every time they're on screen). But this still has a ways to go to be a good show.