Sign in to follow this  
slothian

The All-Purpose Flickchart thread

Batman Returns, fool.

Also, good to see Pandy's still doing this some 11 hours after I introduced him to the site. BWAHAHAHAHA!!

I don't hate B&R like most people do, but Returns is better. I don't really like Returns either, but it's still better.

Shaun of the Dead is my number one. I like Groundhog's Day, but not even close.

Batman and Robin is immensely entertaining, which is more than can be said for either Burton film.

Goddamn it, Brother!

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind vs Kill Bill Vol. 1

Kill Bill's an easier rewatch IMO.

Yeah, and I do love Kill Bill for it's mix of style of the animated section, but Eternal Sunshine takes this one. It's just so damn beautiful but still raw.

Weekend at Bernie's II v Chasing Amy, or A 12-Year-Old's Understanding of Voodoo v A 12-Year-Old's Understanding of Relationships.

Voodoo it is.

Stardust is a beautiful, sweet fairytale with so much heart.

In Bruges is Martin effin' McDonaugh, who's the closest thing we have left to Samuel Beckett. In Bruges.

Speaking of McDonaugh, I need to go read The Pillowman again...

I ultimately went the same way, although my rationale was that one of these near-perfect films has Ricky Gervais in it and must lose by default.

Ok, I've signed up for this - I'm richpaterson001 and my top film so far appears to be Groundhog Day, and my bottom, fairly blasphemously, is The Godfather. Got a long way to go though, because The Mummy is second to last, and I have a lot of time for that film.

Just had to choose between 2 car crashes - Die Another Day and Batman & Robin. Batman won!

Wow. Apples and oranges.

I'd pick Some Like It Hot, but reluctantly.

Ultimately I did the same, but all it means is that Some Like It Hot is #5 and A Clockwork Orange is #6.

Ok, I've signed up for this - I'm richpaterson001 and my top film so far appears to be Groundhog Day, and my bottom, fairly blasphemously, is The Godfather. Got a long way to go though, because The Mummy is second to last, and I have a lot of time for that film.

Just had to choose between 2 car crashes - Die Another Day and Batman & Robin. Batman won!

You can make your chart more representative by re-ranking each film in your chart, but it'll be a long term project in making it truly representative.

I actually have Die Another Day higher than B&R. Probably because of Rosamund Pike.