Sign in to follow this  
KnightWing

The Flash

He looks like he can run in it, which is actually pretty nice. As much as I love the 1990 show for what it is, that suit was preposterous.

I'd bet a ton on them redesigning the suit by the second season, both for aesthetic as well as practical reasons. Hell, they might even redesign the suit after the pilot, like what Lois & Clark did with the Superman costume. For one thing, it's got leather in the crotch area, which you can already see being stretched near the breaking point in that second photo.

I think it looks ridiculous, but I'm not sure how you can do it in real life on a TV budget without it looking stupid.

But Des, it needs to look dark and angsty. If it's bright, we might be tempted to think Super-heroes should be fun and fun things are for kids!

That said, I totally agree that the brighter red looks better.

That aired during the Arrow season finale, hence why it literally has Oliver "passing the torch" to Barry. It looks pretty neat for a teaser.

Honestly, I like that we finally have a DC superhero who looks like he actively enjoys what's going on. This could be a really fun show.

Decent enough, but it makes Barry look like a sidekick with his "WHOA! YEAH!" response.

That's not saying superheroes can't be fun. Man I wish more were, movie and TV wise. It just had a sidekicky tone to it.

Barry was introduced on Arrow as A) very young, especially when up against the nearly 30-year-old Oliver, and B) a giant dork. He definitely has a sidekick vibe to him, especially as he's still learning how to do this.

It's almost like when Spider-Man meets up with one of the Avengers like Cap or Iron Man. He's clearly going to fall into the sidekick role until he grows up a little. For what it's worth, the actor playing Barry is actually older than he looks. And I don't think it'll be a concern to have him be a "sidekick" on his own show.

And here we have a 5-minute trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g

It does have the whole "tragic dark past" thing, but it doesn't feel mired in darkness. It definitely looks fun.

And here we have a 5-minute trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g

It does have the whole "tragic dark past" thing, but it doesn't feel mired in darkness. It definitely looks fun.

Now that's what I've been waiting to see on tv.

Now that looks good!

Is wheelchair guy gonna be Zoom? I'm getting something sinister off him.