Sign in to follow this  
The Master

Every Film You've Watched in 2018

Ghost Squad: film festival entry.

Men in Black 3: this is such fun. I think it's probably the best of the franchise. It has emotional weight, fun time travel stuff, great alien design and a wonderful villain. Also, Brolin is awesome.

Features: 80

Shorts: 42

Documentaries: 4

Rewatches:

Motherland/Lucero: features for the festival

Features: 82

Rewatches:

Major League: watched this with my youngest today as he's been asking for it. Far more straight-faced than I remember as a kid. I distinctly remember it being more screwball, but this comes across more Bull Durham with a wink and a laugh. Maybe I'm thinking of the sequel which I also haven't seen since it came out.

Haven's End: feature for the festival

Features: 84

Rewatches:

The Big Lebowski: Goddamn it's been a while since I watched a movie, holy shit. Also, this one still holds up really damn well. 

Films Watched: 48

Sorry to Bother You: The thematic successor to Get Out. A bit long but otherwise an outstanding directorial debut and disarming in the best kind of way. Won't say no more.

The Fear Footage: feature of the festival

GLOW: The Story of Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling: this is sweet and Megan wanted to watch it after finishing season 2 so we did. It's sweet.

Features: 86

Documentaries: 5

Rewatches:

Crossroads - I know I've seen this before, but that must have been 25ish years ago.  Been on a blues kick so this popped into my head.  It's okay.  Not much happens and Ralph Macchio is not very good.  I can see why I had little memory of this.

Major League II: this is legit way better than the original. I mixed some of this one up with the original which is why I remembered that one being funnier. There's a couple great characters added and Omar Epps replaces Wesley Snipes as Snipes had gone on to be a total action movie star at that point. There's a running gag about his bad action movie throughout. It's pretty solid. 

Major League: Back to the Minors: I'm not entirely certain, but this is probably the best of the series making this the only (I think) trilogy that's better in reverse order. Though I feel like I made that assertion before, I can't recall what it was in relation to. Dumb fun here, but some really awesome baseball footage and Ted McGinley as a bad guy is ALWAYS  good call in this kind of movie. Bakula steps into the Bringer role and he's a lot more relatable. Haysbert is the absolute star of this series. 

Features: 88

Documentaries: 5

Rewatches:

4 hours ago, Professor said:

Crossroads - I know I've seen this before, but that must have been 25ish years ago.  Been on a blues kick so this popped into my head.  It's okay.  Not much happens and Ralph Macchio is not very good.  I can see why I had little memory of this.

Some solid Steve Vai guitar work though.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: I see what they were attempting. I appreciate the shift in the series. There were some great moments and visuals, Ted Levine was fantastic. But the story was a mess. Good techinical filmmaking, not a good film. 

Red Sparrow: Not bad, but the shine is really off the Jennifer Lawrence Apple for me. She’s not as strong an actress as she’s been treated. But, Jeremy Irons and Ciran Hinds should probably be in everything.