Sign in to follow this  
Bento

Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars...

To rehash the major fan theories we're going to hear in the next couple of months: "OMG! Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern are totally Rey's parents!" or "Laura Dern is totally Luke's Wife!" I'm going to offer my own cracked theory of, "Benicio Del Toro is playing Luke's Husband."

That all said, I'm just happy we're getting more Maz.

Ehh. Mary Matalin and James Carville have been married for 20 years with being at two extreme ends of the political syndrome. Luke, reclusive kook/champion of the Light Side, and Benicio, potentially a villain with a heart as black as coal, could still spend weekends buying artisanal blue milk cheese at the spacer's market and spending evenings Holonet and Chilling.

Ehh. Mary Matalin and James Carville have been married for 20 years with being at two extreme ends of the political syndrome. Luke, reclusive kook/champion of the Light Side, and Benicio, potentially a villain with a heart as black as coal, could still spend weekends buying artisanal blue milk cheese at the spacer's market and spending evenings Holonet and Chilling.

Post of the Day! :bowdown:

To rehash the major fan theories we're going to hear in the next couple of months: "OMG! Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern are totally Rey's parents!" or "Laura Dern is totally Luke's Wife!" I'm going to offer my own cracked theory of, "Benicio Del Toro is playing Luke's Husband."

That all said, I'm just happy we're getting more Maz.

Yeah I can't see Laura Dern as Luke's wife. Him ending up with a red head makes no sense. Who would think of such a thing. ;)

The first Rogue One trailer debuts tomorrow on Good Morning America. Personally I am so attached to the video games I find myself lukewarm on this one. 

Whoa!

I had no idea this was going to be set between

Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars, but that's a great idea. That 20-year gap is ripe with potential, especially as it pertains to The Emperor tightening his grasp and the birth of the Rebellion. Also, seeing the dish being installed on the Death Star truly made me gasp.

Finally it looks like some good storytelling is coming to the Star Wars movies. I've been hoping for this for like 20 years. It's such a rich universe dedicated to rehashing drivel. I look forward to these movies (even though the next one is Han Solo Year One *snooze*)

Whoa!

Hidden Content

Have you watched Rebels at all? The show has its peaks and valleys, but one thing they've done perfectly is Vader. Holy shit the season finale. 

I'll be honest, while I'm not as excited as other people are, I'm still pretty pumped for this movie. Forrest Whitaker looks really good especially.

I've gotta say, I'm pretty blown away that Donnie Yen and Forest Whitaker are both in a fucking Star Wars movie. It's pretty bonkers.

I've gotta say, I'm pretty blown away that Donnie Yen and Forest Whitaker are both in a fucking Star Wars movie. It's pretty bonkers.

Donnie Yen revealed to the world he is a Jedi when he fought a swordsman with a feather duster in the first "Ip man" movie. I bet Forest Whitaker is hoping this washes away the stain of "Battlefield Earth : saga of the year 3000."

Donnie Yen revealed to the world he is a Jedi when he fought a swordsman with a feather duster in the first "Ip man" movie. I bet Forest Whitaker is hoping this washes away the stain of "Battlefield Earth : saga of the year 3000."

Naw...pretty sure the best actor Oscar he won and the several remarkable films he's been in since then have more than done that.

Everyone's allowed a bad movie here and there. Katherine Hepburn was once called box office poison and now she's considered one of the greatest actresses of all time.

Funny story:

Barry Pepper used to come into my restaurant all the time. I ended up gathering quite the rapport with him, joking and shit-talking a little bit. He was a cool guy.

One slow afternoon around April 2000 (I remember because it was a month before the movie came out), he paid his waitress and made for the door. I was walking by and opened the door for him (as I would any guest) as he left. 

He said "Thanks man" and patted me on the chest as he walked by.

In the parking lo now and getting into his car, I yelled at him "What? No tip?!"

"Here's a tip," he said. "Don't go see Battlefield Earth."

A month later I found out why.

I'm torn between "rolling my eyes because apparently the war movie was too dark" and "well, Godzilla wasn't that good, so maybe the studio's worries are justified."