SuaveStar

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the moment...

Captain Blood starring Errol Flynn and Olivia DeHavilland. I'm watching it more for Olivia DeHavilland. Errol Flynn never did it for me.

Damn those two had some great chemistry didn't they. Whenever Robin Hood is the midday movie, I can't change the channel, it's basically essential viewing for me. I've only seen the B&W Captain Blood, which one are you watching? The other one of course being Dodge City, another classic.

Watched The Batman/Superman movie.

Probably the best animated Batman movie I've watched yet. It's funner, quicker-paced, and ultimately more enjoyable than the other 2 I've seen thus far (Subzero and Mystery of the Batwoman). The interaction between our two leads was great but even better was the interaction between our two villains (Luthor and Joker). It was an all around good time and didn't take itself too seriously like the Subzero movie and gave me a reason to care unlike the Mystery of the Batwoman movie. Glad I actually watched this one.

7/10.

The final animated Batman movie left is Mask of the Phantasm, which unlike the others I have seen before but it was when it first came out on VHS, and it may be a little while before I get to that.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Probably the best animated Batman movie I've watched yet. It's funner, quicker-paced, and ultimately more enjoyable than the other 2 I've seen thus far (Subzero and Mystery of the Batwoman). The interaction between our two leads was great but even better was the interaction between our two villains (Luthor and Joker). It was an all around good time and didn't take itself too seriously like the Subzero movie and gave me a reason to care unlike the Mystery of the Batwoman movie. Glad I actually watched this one.

7/10.

The final animated Batman movie left is Mask of the Phantasm, which unlike the others I have seen before but it was when it first came out on VHS, and it may be a little while before I get to that.

what about Return of the Joker?????????

7/10.

what about Return of the Joker?????????

I separate Return of the Joker because it's not Batman, it's Batman Beyond and since I haven't seen Batman Beyond yet that one is going to have to wait until I give it a watch.

It's been many years (more than 6) since I've seen that but I remember it being pretty damn awesome.

The Importance of Being Earnest- Fabulous rom-com that blow most modern stuff out of the water. Stephen Fry was right, Oscar Wilde was a genius.

Princess Mononoke- Yeah, its freakin' great, I really wish Miyazaki would devote himself to these more mature mythic tales. I think this, Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle might be one of the greatest trilogies of work by any director in film but I'm not too keen on his upcoming work just because its supposed to be about a 5 year old boy, and therefore will ether be a less mature work or a very inappropriate story.

Yes Man - There is nothing more depressing than going to the movies alone. Zooey Deschanel is one of the few reasons I haven't given up on American women, but the movie as a whole was horrible. Reminded me why I don't watch modern comedies anymore.

The Importance of Being Earnest- Fabulous rom-com that blow most modern stuff out of the water. Stephen Fry was right, Oscar Wilde was a genius.

Out of interest, are you talking about the most modern version with Colin Firth, Rupert Everett, Reese Witherspoon & Judi Dench, or the more classic film adaptation with Dame Edith Evans? But yes, it's an incredibly humorous play.

The Pandemic duology from South Park. :P

but I'm not too keen on his upcoming work just because its supposed to be about a 5 year old boy, and therefore will ether be a less mature work or a very inappropriate story.

It's apparently based off the Little Mermaid, and my friend who saw this while she was in Japan (currently on her way back) described it as ADORABLE, and a pretty good film besides. She compared it to Totoro (you seen that one?).

Out of interest, are you talking about the most modern version with Colin Firth, Rupert Everett, Reese Witherspoon & Judi Dench, or the more classic film adaptation with Dame Edith Evans? But yes, it's an incredibly humorous play.

Newer version. Everett & Firth are hilarious.

I Know What You Did Last Summer. File this under guilty pleasure but I do get a kick out of it. I'd also forgotten that it opens with the beauty contest where the guys are ignoring Jennifer Love Hewitt's boobs to ogle Sarah Michelle Gellars. I'm not even sure thats physically possible anymore. Literally, it would defy basic laws of physics.

Its also one of the oldest DVD's in my collection, like so ancient that it doesn't have subtitles.

I'm also downloading Armageddon and have Scream 2 ready to go. I have a sudden desire to watch some really daft films.