• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I got a phone interview with Epic!! And I appear to be competent at defending my existence to the Anth department! And I somehow got an A- on my Bio grant proposal, which I pulled out of my ass!

And now that the Bio presentation is done, all I have to do is edit the independent study paper, put together the grant proposal, and study for the one sit down final!

Good day!

Starting to hear back from grad schools; I'm #1 on the waitlist for Illinois State's Visual Culture program. ...Yay? I think? It's like, you're good, but you're not good enough, but if someone we want more decides not to come, we'll take you.

Well, then, congratulations, kind of! :smilewinkgrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got done with the skills testing part of Epic application process, it seems to be going well. Though, can anyone tell me the answer to all but two are roses, all but two are daisies, all but two are some other plant riddle?

No word on funding from NYU or if I'm off the waitlist at ISU.

Just got done with the skills testing part of Epic application process, it seems to be going well. Though, can anyone tell me the answer to all but two are roses, all but two are daisies, all but two are some other plant riddle?

No word on funding from NYU or if I'm off the waitlist at ISU.

You have three flowers. A rose, a daisy and whatever the third one is.

My engine is able to be repaired! The Pep Boys I took it to said I would need a whole new engine. So, I took it somewhere else and they said it was just the rocker arm. Fucking assholes at Pep Boys were trying to rip me off by over $3,000. And they also poured oil into the engine when they had it because when I had it towed there, there was almost no oil in it at all. Douchebags were trying to cover their asses because they were the last people to do any work on my car (oil/fluid check in February). And frankly, I doubt they actually performed a diagnostic on it. But the good news is, it's only going to be about $600 to fix instead of $3,600+. :yes:

Apparently the fact that I've made it to the third of four stages of interviewing with Epic is pretty good, especially for the job I'm going for, as apparently they try to cull the writers really early. So, fingers crossed that I hear back soon that they want an onsite interview with me.

Cause, if I get this job? 40k a year, to start. And they pay me to relocate to Madison. And I already have someone I can move in with who's looking for a roommate and works at Epic and runs a carpool. And I could conceivably pay off my student debt in a few years.

So. Fingers crossed. And if anyone knows any companies that need a writer in Chicago, I'm always up for that as well.