The All-Purpose Flickchart thread

slothian

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to actually log back into Flickchart for the first time in a few years, re-rank the first five films covered on Part of Your World, and here some of the match-ups I wound up with:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs vs. Pinocchio

Pinocchio vs. The Fugitive

Fantasia vs. Jurassic Park

Dumbo vs. Logan

Bambi vs. Dirty Dancing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Uh, The Dark Knight.

I love the Shining, it's my favorite horror movie, but The Dark Knight is more exciting and watches quicker, even though it's longer than The Shining by six minutes.

When comparing the two, The Shining has a far moodier, creepy atmosphere and a bravura center performance in Jack Nicholson. It's also effectively frightening with proper jump scares and a killer score.

But The Dark Knight has Batman, it's thematically a Batman story that to this day people overlook, every performance is great, there's less reported misogynist torture compared to The Shining and less uses of the N-word.

Which doesn't exactly drag it down as a film for me, personally, but between the two - this is kind of a "come the fuck on" scenario. Both are mood movies, you can't just throw them in, but this doesn't take a lot of thinking effort on my part.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...